Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 04:58 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,415 times

Advertisements

Since I was a little child The God of Israel has manifested & taken me to Heaven to teach me about life. Sometimes God takes me to Hell to watch people being herded in by the huge guards & then judged. Then they are thrown into the Lake of fire & I watch them burning in agony & reaching up for mercy. It is horrible & I am afraid we all will possibly be sent there to be judged & burn.

God also shows me the demons that are kept in caves, & He makes some of them stand before me so that I can see close up exactly what "Evil" is.

People see demons gathering around their death bed & by then it is too late for you. I posted a link to a story recently of that exact thing happening to a medical professor or something. The demons gathered outside the house when he fell ill, then the next day they were standing at the window, then the day after that they were inside the house. Then they stood at the ends of his bed waiting to take him.

Be Afraid. Be afraid with every atom of your being. They are real & they are coming for you if you are evil. They will torture you forever. They will keep you alive just to torture you. Be afraid with every ounce of your being.

Throw all devil music in the trash where it belongs. Only listen to good wholesome music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 05:10 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Well....they have the right to exist and I have the right to not listen. No big deal to me. After all...they might characterize me as "anti-Satanist"...which I am fine with so long as I am left free to worship as I see fit!

However, if they are singing songs about "Satan-worship"...I can't help but wonder if they are doing that to get a reaction on purpose....and if that is the case...the best reaction is to smile and offer them love...as Jesus would want.
That's a Christian I can have a beer with...let God do his own judging and just try to be a good, Good example.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:47 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
AS I endeavor to be the good father to my kids (the one I never had) I was doing the good dad thing and I took my oldest to see the IRON MAIDEN concert. Now I have always been a fan of Maiden since college. They are older than I am and can still Rock. The Concerts are still good. They still put on a good show.

In college, when I still claimed Christianity (though a more mystical variety) I was not at all offended by the music or the imagery. I was, remember, an art student at the time. SO no, art in any form does not offend. Offense is for the weak minded, the shallow, the fearful, the one's who live with self doubt and inner self defeat.

SO back now to the current IRON MAIDEN concert. The opening band was Swedish Metal/performance art band GHOST. First, they were without any shadow of a doubt the best opening band I have ever seen. They put on a fantastic show. A well done, dark, macabre, work of artistic performance. They have a channel HERE Now yes, they go for blantant Satanic imagery and symbolism.And they do the mythology well.

I have definitely become a fan of Ghost.

No offense needed. It is art, regardless of the mythology. Satan...Thor...Horus...Jesus...Apollo.....Mytholog y. Mythology has been a subject of art since, well, since art moved out of the walls of caves. I have never understood how people can be "Offended" by a different mythology. To me, the problem is not the offender, it is the offended.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:17 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
I suspect that the easily-offended-by-lyrics types tend not to be exposed to songs that challenge their worldviews. There are still Lawrence Welk reruns, right?

(though there was that time when someone conned Larry into believing that One Toke Over The Line was a spiritual, because it contains references to 'Sweet Jesus' - and it was played on the show)

Old 10-16-2019, 08:27 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
A couple of my friends liked/liked such music. I like some metal, personally, but not the subgenre of death metal. There was one such band from Sweden or Norway that once burned down a church there, think it might've been called Emperor...okay, now that I google, here's a helpful wikipedia page titled 'Early Norwegian black metal scene':

'The early Norwegian black metal scene of the 1990s is credited with creating the modern black metal genre and produced some of the most acclaimed and influential artists in extreme metal. It attracted massive media attention when it was revealed that its members had been responsible for two murders and a wave of church burnings in Norway.

The scene had an ethos and the core members referred to themselves as "The Black Circle" or "Black Metal Inner Circle". It consisted primarily of young men, many of whom gathered at the record shop ******* ("Hell") in Oslo. In interviews, they voiced extreme anti-Christian and misanthropic views, presenting themselves as a cult-like group of militant Satanists who wanted to spread terror, hatred and evil. They adopted pseudonyms and appeared in photographs wearing 'corpse paint' and wielding medieval weaponry. The scene was exclusive and created boundaries around itself, incorporating only those it deemed to be "trve"[1] or committed. Musical integrity was highly important and artists wanted black metal to remain underground and uncorrupted.

In August 1993, several of its members were arrested and in May 1994 were convicted variously for arson, murder, assault and possession of explosives.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_...ck_metal_scene

Futher down that page, 28 different church arsons or attempted arsons are listed as being connected to the 'scene'.
TY for the history.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:30 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's a Christian I can have a beer with...let God do his own judging and just try to be a good, Good example.
Well, that's pretty much a Quaker, isn't it? "I cannot tell anyone else how to experience God. I can only know how I experience God."

No preaching in their meetings, just sitting in silence feeling "The Inner Light". Is that so different from meditation?

Of course, as you are aware, there are other Christian traditions who do the bolded. But I think the Friends win the prize for that. Our local Quakers do sometimes take to the corner with anti-war signs.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:20 AM

566 posts, read 678,277 times
I was into black/death metal for awhile. I still find some of this music entertaining. It never made me once lose my faith in God, Christ Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. As a matter of fact, it helped to strengthen my faith in The Holy Trinity and remind me of my temporal nature on Earth, and of the evil in this world, with the distinct possibility of going to a hellish place in the next, and hearing this music playing there too, and Lawrence Welk's music also, which is one of my biggest fears.

Last edited by glenninindy; 10-16-2019 at 10:02 AM..

Old 10-16-2019, 12:10 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
It is very much meditation and i can relate to that. And to the experience one may get. I went to Buddhism in hopes of cutting out the middle -man.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:33 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I am a bit of a bore. I drink only water for fitness except for 1 ice cold Pepsi can a month. Plus I am 18 and have some philosophical and family reasons not to drink.

I see you are from Wales? I have a Welsh ancestor from the Isle of Anglesey. Genetically I am mostly Swedish and French with a little Austrian, Swiss, and Welsh for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Of course, as you are aware, there are other Christian traditions who do the bolded. But I think the Friends win the prize for that. Our local Quakers do sometimes take to the corner with anti-war signs.
Yes, there are lots of Christian groups that do That!

I, like many Quakers am a pacifist. When we moved to Michigan. We moved to a spot without any Quakers for like 30 miles...so it stinks, but I do travel once in awhile and have participated in a peace protest and by happenstance met other Quakers there.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortituda View Post
As a secular/non-practical Christian,I still feel uncomfortable with many extreme metal songs(especially early Scandinavian black metal) for their anti Christian or Satan-worship,do you also feel offended by anti Christian songs?

I consider myself Christian but not sure if offended would be the word/feeling I would use.

It seems to me more people, particularly the younger generation, use what would be considered anti Christian or Satan worship as a form of thumbing their nose at organized religion because of the excesses and hypocrisy that exist. It's with this thought in mind that I feel more sadness than anything else.Sadness that Christ's message has been drowned out to the point that some turn to anti Christian themes.

Practically speaking all one needs to do if they find offense is to turn the channel to another station or push the power button to the off setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality