Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 11:57 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's it -for those that believe in God - of any religion.

Where do you think God is? Or where have you experienced God, directly?
If you believe you can experience God - where abouts would that be then?
Thanks
I could put a poll up, lol! If this helps here are some ideas to get you started:

In the sky
After death
In my friend
In a flower, a sunset, a baby, nature
Inside me
All around me
All around me and within me
In my heart
In my mind

You answered your own question.
I do not believe in "god" but let's simply use that as adequate term.
As BF quoted from the bible, "god" is Alpha and Omega.
Everything. Everything is "god" and of "god".

In your list, you missed one line though.
I am god.

As much as is the sky. Or death. Or birth. Or sunset. Or flower. Or nature.
Everything. Reality is manifested "god".

In Mansur's words,
I am The Truth
(Ana 'l-Ḥaqq)

Last edited by ukrkoz; 10-16-2019 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 12:28 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Would you expound more on that theme?
Does the wave ask where is the ocean?
We cannot be apart from God. No life can. God is 'the stuff' that separates the things that live from the things that do not. We cannot detect when life arrives, nor can we detect when it leaves - at least not precisely. No one can stand beside a tree with a stop watch and proclaim a time of death, and how many humans have been declared dead, only to find out they are not?

We are God. We are His expression, His motion, His life. All life is an expression of God.
Go pet your dog and tell me that is not true.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=God+Do...ZI&form=MOZSBR

Old 10-16-2019, 12:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
To a spiritual believer, the question has no meaning.
God is not anywhere.
It's like asking what part of your body contains your soul.
Hi Listener-----Oh, I see we were writing at the same time.
Nice post above me. (I saw after this, ha)

Does any part of your body contain your soul? Can you soul travel
outside of your body - yet you live?

Reminds me of Ramana Maharshi - at 16 he started to question what would happen to 'him'
if he died - kept going- what happens to 'him' when he is burned up - who is this "I" that says I.
Will my "I' be there upon death and being burned?
He became aware of awareness itself. And has a Self Inquiry Method for Self realization.

Can you say where pure consciousness or Awareness Itself, that is in all, 'is'?
If my toe gets cut off am I still me?
Couldn't you say God is 'not anywhere' and 'everywhere'?
Why? Because consciousness is everywhere.

The people still using their minds will say, 'A rock is not conscious'...and
yet, those that have had altered states of perception, (not on drugs, ha), will say otherwise.
So if God is Consciousness and Awareness Itself - it could be said God is simply everywhere - there is nowhere God is not. No?

And then we have William Blake's experience that caused him to say,
"To hold infinity in the palm of
your hand. And Heaven in a wild flower."
What cosmic consciousness that was! Eh?

Adorable link

Old 10-16-2019, 12:58 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
I could never possibly comprehend God, but I believe that God created the "laws of physics." So I feel God within those bounds often...I feel the warmth of God in my soul when the sun hits me, I hear God with the rustling of briwn oak leaves in the winter wind, I see a glimmer of God in the shine off green leaves in the spring sun, etc. I believe God is there within those laws of physics to an extent he is everywhere.

I could be wrong, but I don't think God is in our consciousness, although he certainly gives that miracle to us humans. That is why we often need silence to hear God. God gives free will in our consciousness to make choices, which is a precious gift of autonomy that must have some form of separation to truly be free.

I know this all sounds a bit dumb, but I've thought about it on my jogs before.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You answered your own question.
I do not believe in "god" but let's simply use that as adequate term.
As BF quoted from the bible, "god" is Alpha and Omega.
Everything. Everything is "god" and of "god".

In your list, you missed one line though.
I am god.

As much as is the sky. Or death. Or birth. Or sunset. Or flower. Or nature.
Everything. Reality is manifested "god".
Yes, I missed many possibles in that list...good one.
Everything is God and of God....that will get some discussion! Is my big toe God?
Expect that one! LOL!

Like I said before is a sunbeam the Sun? That may come up.

Reality as God manifested - good one.
I did not know you didn't believe in God...let's say a Spiritual Being, the All That Is.
Sorry, if I never cap anything I always will God...and the masters throughout time.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:30 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
That's it -for those that believe in God - of any religion.

Where do you think God is? Or where have you experienced God, directly?
If you believe you can experience God - where abouts would that be then?
Thanks
I could put a poll up, lol! If this helps here are some ideas to get you started:

In the sky
After death
In my friend
In a flower, a sunset, a baby, nature
Inside me
All around me
All around me and within me
In my heart
In my mind
Quite literally, I believe He's in "Heaven," and no, I don't know where that is. I think His spirit, however, can be felt wherever there is love, beauty and compassion. Actually, I think He spends His Sundays at the Salt Lake City Metropolitan Jail. At least, I can sure feel Him there.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:32 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Ah, so if something is unseen it doesn't exist?
It's make believe? It must be observable in physical reality, then?
-To be sure of what you're saying.
Things which cannot be observed to exist in physical reality can only be imagined or speculated about. Certain things can be speculated about based on physical evidence. Black holes, for example, cannot be physically observed. But they leave behind physical evidence in the form of gravity.

Other things never presented any physical evidence to begin with. The flying spaghetti monster for example. Such things represent speculation based purely on the imagination.

Things which have been purely derived from the imagination are the definition of make believe.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:53 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm an atheist as you know, so I don't believe god is anywhere, but I was under the impression that theists believe god IS everywhere, god IS everything and everything IS god?
But now that you raise the question perhaps I'm wrong about that?
While Christians believe that God is everywhere since the Bible makes statements to that effect, a couple of verses pertaining to that are Psalm 139:7-12 and Jeremiah 23:23-24, not every Christian ascribes to the pantheistic view that God is everything and everything is God.

Biblically speaking, God created the Universe. Yet, also biblically speaking, God does not change. Logically then, if in creating the universe God was the universe that he created, there would have been a change to God in that he became something that he had not been. God would have added something to himself.

Just because you are in your house does not mean that you are your house or that your house is you. If you make some thing, that does not mean that you are that thing or that that thing is you. Biblically speaking, just because God is said to be everywhere does not mean that God is everything or that everything is God.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:01 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Of course, big toe is also god.
If you think about a body, being a compound object, consisting out of enormous number of particles, known and unknown, and each of those particles being manifested Brahman - I'll stay with Brahman, it is closer to me, than "god" - then surely, any part of anything is Brahman manifested.
There is Brahman manifested and Brahman potential. Brahman potential is Brahman itself, in its purity. Its creativity is shown in Brahman manifested, or physical world.

No, I do not believe in "god" as it is commonly thought of, that's silly.

Where is soul?
What are you referring to, as soul? To me, soul is unit of nature that is operating physical body and, as such, it is in the nervous system. Soul is different from Conscious Self that is contacting the body, operated by soul.

Soul is created and dissipated every time body is created for the Conscious Self to enter it. Soul is dissipated at the end of the after the death states, Conscious Self is going through.

Units of nature, called soul, are marked by that particular Conscious Self, and are called upon their service, as physical body operator, when conditions are ripe, for the body to be conceived for that particular Self to enter into, to continue another cycle of earthly existence. The form portion of soul is responsible for the future body physical make up and enters process of its development, to guide it, during conception. The breath part of soul enters that body during the newborn first breath and is the life force of it.

All this happens according to that particular Self Destiny.

Namaste

Old 10-16-2019, 02:06 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,334 times
Where do you think God is?

Trillions of people report feeling the very solid hand of an Angel being placed on their shoulder. Even more people experience & report the most Heavenly Visitation from an Angel of God, or The Holy Virgin mother, & they are taken to Heaven & experience a love that is greater than anything they have ever dared to imagine.

Then The Angel leaves them with a symbolic message telling them that The Angel Is right behind them all the time holding onto their soul. So that is where God is. Right behind you right now holding onto your soul

& when you fall asleep tonight The Angel of God will pull your soul out of your body & take it to Heaven with it. It does that to me every night as soon as I lay on my bed & I am fully awake still. With other folk like yourselves it waits till you are fast asleep before it pulls you from your body.

The universe including the earth is made from light. And like a rainbow the light has various levels all in the same space, yet all perfectly separated by being on their own unique wavelengths.

So the heavens where God dwells is simply a level of the universe that is all around you on a different wavelength. That is the Supreme & Unseen dimension of the universe. It's wavelength.

You can manipulate your 3 dimensions or traverse them as best you can, but when you learn to manipulate the wavelength of the energy that the universe is made from then you are working with the primary dimension that overrides & transcends all other dimensions, & you become free from time & space & can meet God face to face on a scientific basis.

Till then you are stuck on one level of the rainbow of energies that make up the universe & you think this one level of the rainbow is the absolute all that there is. So you are being held in a state of blindness by the scientists' lack of understanding of the true nature of the energy that the universe & the earth, including yourselves, is made from.

So "GOD" is standing right behind you right now, holding your soul with an unbreakable grip.

Open your mind sleeping soul. Wake up & smell the coffee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality