Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All I see is a gang of bullies lying and misrepresenting what Christians say. I don't see any attempt to understand.
That's a hoot. Wasn't it you ..yes sure it was..who went into total denial over David and the Shewbread? You may see it as bullying but I was trying to get you to understand what the text actually said as distinct from you making stuff up. And you simply such you fingers in your ears and mouthed denial ever after.

Bullying aside, you are one one doing the lying and misrepresenting - about what's in your own Bible. I couldn't care less what Christians say - they are the ones doing the lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,334 times
Personally I have been on every spiritual forum in the world, & witnessed nearly every good hearted soul in the world come forth, to tell their story of a spiritual visitation from God or an Angel etc, & without fail they were all instantly called 'crazy' & abused into leaving, for even thinking that there is such a thing as God or Angels etc. So critics rule the world & keep it in complete ignorance. I don't say that to me mean or hateful. It is just the truth that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

So no one really changes. The spiritual people remain spiritual & go away. And the critics remain the same & simply wait till new victims are lured in to tell their truth to the world

Old 10-22-2019, 11:53 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Oh here we go....

Old 10-22-2019, 11:55 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
All I see is a gang of bullies lying and misrepresenting what Christians say. I don't see any attempt to understand.

If that's all you see, why come here?

Old 10-22-2019, 11:56 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's a hoot. Wasn't it you ..yes sure it was..who went into total denial over David and the Shewbread? You may see it as bullying but I was trying to get you to understand what the text actually said as distinct from you making stuff up. And you simply such you fingers in your ears and mouthed denial ever after.

Bullying aside, you are one one doing the lying and misrepresenting - about what's in your own Bible. I couldn't care less what Christians say - they are the ones doing the lying.
You mean the one where I corrected you, you refused to see it, declared victory and told everyone I "dodged" it? Now you're here saying I'm lying?

Really. Take a pulse of this forum. Just look at it honestly. The conservative Christians are ganged up on here nonstop. We are mocked and attacked. There is a mod that says she was FINE with it. So your description of things seems a little hollow.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:56 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Exactly my point.
Good. And now open up your mind to seeing that we are all seeking the truth. We just don't agree that you have it.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Good. And now open up your mind to seeing that we are all seeking the truth. We just don't agree that you have it.
Be honest. There is no way you're seeking truth here. Not even close.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Be honest. There is no way you're seeking truth here. Not even close.
Wrong. Just wrong. You can't conceive of anything besides the "truth" you believe in. How narrow minded.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:12 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
There have been some that openly(here) declared no way of knowing if there have been more.
I do know that my opinion of Christians would be severely damaged if a lot of what I read here aligned with people I see and know in "real life".
So, to answer the question, I haven't changed my mind unless I am on this forum...then try to wipe the memory off when out and about.
I know that's not exactly what you were asking (has anybody switched 'sides'?) but is a response to "changed their minds")

Old 10-22-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
There have been some that openly(here) declared no way of knowing if there have been more.
I do know that my opinion of Christians would be severely damaged if a lot of what I read here aligned with people I see and know in "real life".
So, to answer the question, I haven't changed my mind unless I am on this forum...then try to wipe the memory off when out and about.
I know that's not exactly what you were asking (has anybody switched 'sides'?) but is a response to "changed their minds")
I'm glad to hear the opinion.

And if I understand what you're saying, I have a similar experience. Since I live in America, most of my friends here are christian. They're good people. Some very good. And they are not in the business of changing minds. If they do change minds, it's because of their behavior, not their evangelizing. It's a good balance for me compared to posters like BF who present a very negative image of christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality