Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I wonder what martian wine might taste like...
HAHA And Martian hangovers...

I bet more people would get on the thing if he came out looking like Captain Kirk. Moderator cut: Removed a politician's name.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-08-2019 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: random goofiness

Old 12-08-2019, 04:05 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hopefully Im putting this in the appropriate forum.

Just curious what you would do in this case...would you instantly believe them, or would it take some convincing, like maybe some proof they are what they claim to be?

I suspect many people would automatically believe its a trick of some kind and they would be hesitant to believe.
Well it certainly would answer some of the questions I have had as I read various books.

The Bible references "the sons of God mated with the daughters of man" and from that the Nephilim were born.
I've read about the Fallen Angels.
Then there is Stonehenge, the perfection of the pyramids, Atlantis.

Aliens having come here before (maybe multiple times) would fit in with some of the stories I've read.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:13 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Interstellar travel is both inefficient and, for the vast majority of what we can see, seemingly pointless.

So I doubt we're ever going anywhere or meeting anyone else, either.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:56 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
We all fell here from an alien planet, that is what the bible teaches, it also promises an alien planet to every person who has ever overcome since Jesus. As an overcomer, you recieve all the promises spoken over Jesus, and you alone will rule all nations of an entire earth with a rod of iron. This is a sole rule, a rule from within all humans on an earth just as Adam had obtained, just as Jesus had obtained. The number of overcomers is very few, maybe not even 10,000 since Jesus, maybe way less, but each and every one of them are promised a sole rule over all people, not a shared rule. Just as Jesus became a son, and just as Jesus became a spirit husband in all flesh as a new Adam, that is the same thing promsied to an overcomer.

To become an Adam, for God to say over you,'' This is my son in whom I am well pleased.''

That is one of the promises Jesus gave his sons, that they will be standing on an Earth when a dove will come down and God will declare,'' This is my son.''

That is what an overcomer is promised, death in a cross.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:09 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Interstellar travel is both inefficient and, for the vast majority of what we can see, seemingly pointless.

So I doubt we're ever going anywhere or meeting anyone else, either.
They are not actually 'extraterrestrial'....they are ultraterrestrial or cryptoterrestrial.

But there may well be real extraterrestrial civilizations out there, they may have overcome the distance hurdle long ago, (wormholes, or some other technology that allows them to 'bypass' distance/time).

Your statement is based on OUR limitations and understandings of the laws of nature (thats pretty silly).

Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
They are not actually 'extraterrestrial'....they are ultraterrestrial or cryptoterrestrial.

But there may well be real extraterrestrial civilizations out there, they may have overcome the distance hurdle long ago, (wormholes, or some other technology that allows them to 'bypass' distance/time).

Your statement is based on OUR limitations and understandings of the laws of nature (thats pretty silly).
Any more silly than entertaining the question that is the title of this thread?

Old 12-09-2019, 04:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:

My statement is based on mostly our wants/needs/resources, general statistics, and our current knowledge of what's in our nearby universe.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:01 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My statement is based on mostly our wants/needs/resources, general statistics, and our current knowledge of what's in our nearby universe.
No one can prove they exist and no one can prove they don't exist.
Until then I hold an open mind to the possibility.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Hopefully Im putting this in the appropriate forum.

Just curious what you would do in this case...would you instantly believe them, or would it take some convincing, like maybe some proof they are what they claim to be?

I suspect many people would automatically believe its a trick of some kind and they would be hesitant to believe.
I would expect them to be able to prove it. I would turn all of the evidence over to the science community and want their opinion.

I also ask them why they would deserve credit for it. We are products of this world beyond a doubt. Just because one of their ancestors peed or whatever in the primordial gene pool doesn't mean they get credit for our creation. Were they to expect something for it is definitely one of those "hand me my nuke" moments.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No one can prove they exist and no one can prove they don't exist.
Until then I hold an open mind to the possibility.
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...0000015463.pdf

Notice the section where it mentions how they learned about the internal workings of these crafts...'From secret research institutions'!! (and this was back in the 50s!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality