Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 08:46 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times

Advertisements

There is a theory that everyone gets according to his faith.

That, actually, is true. In the after the death states, one will go through exactly what he believed it to be.

So those that believe into the great nothing won't even know they are dead. As nothing is just that - nothing. Complete lack of any awareness. One seizes to exist.

There is a legend in the Orient...about a ruler, who presided at bandit beheading. Process was set up in a place that had 2 doors in solid wall.

When criminal was led to the chopping block, ruler said - Halt. I give you choice. You can be beheaded or, you can go through one of those doors. no one will stop you ever.
What is behind those doors, asked the bandit?
That you may not know, said the ruler.
After some consideration, bandit laid his neck on the chopping block and said - Go ahead.
Puzzled, ruler asked - Why you didn't leave through a door?
Because I fear unknown, more than quick death here, was the response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 09:20 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Sure...its fear of the unknown! We have NO idea what the afterlife holds or what its like.

Some of us may claim not to believe in a place like Hell, but we could be wrong too, it may be horrible beyond what our words can describe...and once you are there, there is NO getting out!

Can you imagine what that would feel like?!
Can you imagine what it would feel like...if the Buddhists have it right?! Or the Hindus have it right? Or the whole religion thing isn't true at all?

Old 01-25-2020, 09:47 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
its probably in between anti-deity and deity.

in fact that makes the most sense.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There is a theory that everyone gets according to his faith.

That, actually, is true. In the after the death states, one will go through exactly what he believed it to be.

So those that believe into the great nothing won't even know they are dead. As nothing is just that - nothing. Complete lack of any awareness. One seizes to exist.

There is a legend in the Orient...about a ruler, who presided at bandit beheading. Process was set up in a place that had 2 doors in solid wall.

When criminal was led to the chopping block, ruler said - Halt. I give you choice. You can be beheaded or, you can go through one of those doors. no one will stop you ever.
What is behind those doors, asked the bandit?
That you may not know, said the ruler.
After some consideration, bandit laid his neck on the chopping block and said - Go ahead.
Puzzled, ruler asked - Why you didn't leave through a door?
Because I fear unknown, more than quick death here, was the response.
I dont know about that, there has to be some point to all this...to this life we all live.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:09 AM

Correct, Arch. The Truth is always in the middle. There is no god yet, same time, there is no 100% materialistic intelligent existence that sprouts out of nowhere and goes into nowhere.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont know about that, there has to be some point to all this...to this life we all live.

Where did I say there is no point?

Of course there is great point.

Everyone simply needs to find it for himself. There is no cookie-cutter all for one purpose in life.

That post wasn't even about point in life. Simply pointing that everyone is fearing unknown, only idiots do not. but they are not intelligent enough to comprehend unknown to start with. Just like animals, they do not know what death is in intellectual meaning. As a living organism, sure, they do avoid it, but without pondering over what and why. Humans do.
And those who are intelligent and claim they have no fear of unknown, they simply hid it so deep and firewalled it so much, that they became oblivious to it. On the surface. But just wait till life tackles them with real danger and, like a sprouting dragon, that fear will encompass them. Just like many soldiers turned to god in the threat of death in the field of war.
On ironic side... wife works as RN at ICU. She is yet to see a patient that had DNR tattooed on his chest and, when hit by real danger, would not scream HELP to the doctors.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Correct, Arch. The Truth is always in the middle. There is no god yet, same time, there is no 100% materialistic intelligent existence that sprouts out of nowhere and goes into nowhere.
I would say "hadron" based intellect. There is no need for intellect to be based solely on hadrons. That would give the illusion of of 'super natural" and yet be totally natural.

we don't know enough to say it can or it can't "sprout" out no where. For now we can say that "life" sprouted out of the periodic table's interactions and yes, they did not sprout out of no interactions.

When people's god claim(s) line up with what we know about nature the claim tends to be more believable. In fact, it becomes so believable that the anti-god-ers have to fight it with every thing they have. And literal religion's take on it become laughable.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:58 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,078 times
God has taken me to other worlds for years sometimes & I am fully conscious while I am there, & I know I am from earth & God is showing me His Mercy; & allowing me to know things that people on earth do not know.

I have read many accounts from people who have similar tales to tell. Many of them lived entire lives on other worlds & then died & were returned to earth. Meantime only a few hours passes on earth. There was a woman on a forum a few weeks ago & she died for an hour or so after some type of accident. Her boyfriend sat beside her crying for the hour. Yet she recounts the tale of being taken to another world for many months while she was dead.

When God gives you such an experience then you will be more open minded about such things. They won't sound like wild stories out of the imagination.

People are basically a product of their experiences, & if they haven't had the same kind of experience as others have had then belief in such things may not be there for them.

I read some books about ordinary folk who can walk in & out of their flesh bodies as spirit souls, & fly all through the heavens. It sounded like fun & so I tried it, & Instantly a large group of angels appeared & started speaking to me.

It was my own desire to be in the spiritual realm that created an opening/opportunity for the angels to make themselves known to me. So do whatever it takes to open your mind to the spirit world. You will not regret it.

Today an Angel appeared & She was a woman, & She Opened The Sky!!! And there was a brighter & clearer sky behind our own sky. The colour & clarity of it was absolutely beyond anything your mind can imagine. I was instantly stunned to the core by what She showed me. She has absolute power over the Heavens. You can meet Angels like Her as well, if you simply open your minds to the spiritual side of life that is all around & within you

Old 01-25-2020, 04:54 PM

she died for an hour or so

Sorry, no can be. Brain is dead after 20 minutes. Irrevocable.

Today an Angel appeared & She was a woman,

Sorry. Angels have no gender. But you have great imagination.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:49 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
she died for an hour or so

Sorry, no can be. Brain is dead after 20 minutes. Irrevocable.

Today an Angel appeared & She was a woman,

Sorry. Angels have no gender. But you have great imagination.
How do you know angels have no gender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality