Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 12:31 AM

8,343 posts, read 272,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I remember reading that there are more tears shed on Earth then there is water in the oceans.
But, the time is coming when one's peace will be like a river and righteousness like the waves of sea.
Just as the ocean's waves are ongoing so will peace and righteousness last forever. - Isaiah 48:18

Yes, I agree that there are people who die and brought back to 'live again' ( resurrection - Revelation 1:18 )
Some I find have a first or earlier resurrection to Heaven - Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10
But for the majority of mankind they can have a later happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on Earth, and they take food.
Earth will be as described in the 35th chapter Isaiah when there is health on Earth.
Each person on Earth will have their own 'vine and fig tree ' (plenty to eat and drink ) - Micah 4:4
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as promised at Revelation 22:2.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of health and healing - Genesis 12:3; 22:18.
Thanks for sharing your most beautiful vision/understanding.

Last edited by JaiSea; 02-26-2020 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: left out a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 05:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
At least as you define "Christian", right? It's weird. Most people would agree that you, as a Jew, should be considered a subject matter expert on it. I'm not qualified to dictate who is and is not a Jew, or what you believe.

No. I was probably phrasing it wrong. I'm really sorry if you got that from my statement. I know you're Jewish. I respect your beliefs. I was stating you weren't part of the "anti-Christian" crowd, as you said you weren't.

My point is that if you aren't part of the "anti-Christian" crowd, then my statement about you being anti-God really doesn't apply, does it?
What do you define as an Anti-Christian crowd?...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Jesus is God. Are you anti-Jesus?
It is only your opinion that he is G-d...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Are you trying to convert me?
That’s his lead-in question to do just that...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Of course he did. John 1:1, John 1:14, John 8:24, John 8:58, Col 2:9, Heb 1:8

And, of course, in Revelation 1:18.

So yes. He was called God, and he called himself God.
You lack reading comprehension on the subject...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
So one is not a Christian if they believe Jesus is God? That seems rather narrow.

And it's weird, because the resurrected, ascended-to-heaven Jesus called himself God. Per Revelation 1:18
No, he didn’t...

Rev 1:18**and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

I don’t see him calling himself G-d here...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:37 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Jesus is God. Are you anti-Jesus?
I am anti-people that present notions that clearly go against everything we know. People that base conclusions on purely emotional responses.

A man dying and rising for our sins fits that classification.

That type of classification predicts that those people will do harm to those people around them that do not tow the line or give them what they want.

Love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness makes perfect sense. Teach to those and not "god had to send his son to save us." and you guys would be great.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
My apologies. It's 1:17b. He is the first and the last. He's God. He was living and is dead.

No, God cannot die. But the man Jesus did. Jesus has a divine and a human nature.

Yes. God the Father raised God the Son.

Yes. Firstborn of the dead. It means he was the first to rise.

yes. He talks about God the Father. The man Jesus talks about God the Father.

He also said he is God in many different places, and I provided verses of the places he did. Here are some verses where he called himself God, and where others called him God. John 1:1, John 1:14, John 8:24, John 8:58, Col 2:9, Heb 1:8
None of those verses imply what you’re stating...

Old 10-24-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Yes. Jesus is God. He is eternal, and was there in the beginning, and is God.

Joh 20:17**Jesus saith to her, 'Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'

Now, how does Jesus have a G-d but yet is G-d?...

Old 10-24-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
He's the Messiah. There are not separate Messiahs. He is THE Messiah.
Wrong again, if you read the Tanakh, many were called moshiach...

Quote:
Yes. There is only one God. That God exists eternally in 3 persons. But only 1 God.
Explain how that’s even possible...

Quote:
You've made statements about God that are different from my understanding. We have different understandings of who God is. I get it.
It’s a well educated understanding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality