Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 02:12 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,078 times

Advertisements

God is a spirit & is very close to everyone, if they simply open their minds to the invisible spirit world that is all around them; & within them. Christianity forbids people from dabbling with the spirit world, or even listening to it, & therefore people ignore the millions of spiritual experiences God gives to people every day.

God is speaking to the world but the world don't listen because Christianity forbids it, & has officially slain millions of people, (witches etc), whom it assumed were communicating with the spirit world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 03:16 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Christianity does not stop believers from Praying and talking to God......... where it is the devil which people should not entertain....... If People don`t talk to God then God would never talk to them ..... Ways to discern God from the devil is to be one with God and Holy Spirit will discern the spirits of this world , to these devils must be rejected .....

Old 01-25-2020, 04:17 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
I'm so glad "millions" is back in posts...was worried for a moment.

Yes, Ocean. You are almost right. Except that god is not close to people, god is IN people, like it is in everything else. God IS everything else (be noted: I do not believe in your god or other gods in your sense).

yes, religion is not favoring that course as, then, religion becomes obsolete. If god is in everyone, what's use for mediator - priest? That they can't let go of.
Ah, yes, and indeed, that was exactly what Jesus taught - that everyone is god particle. For what he was severely punished.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,078 times
God had always manifested & taken me to Heaven to teach me things when i was a child. It was always something God did that i had no control over. Then when i was older i read a book that said if you clear your mind completely during meditation then the spiritual people can give you messages. So i did what it said & !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. The Spiritual Angels started pouring vast amounts of spiritual knowledge into my mind & communicating actively with me. It was the most amazing thing & they kept showing me the future to prove they were genuine. Everything they said came true. And so i spent every spare moment meditating & learning about them. It was God's Angels & God Himself.

So that is how absolutely simple it was to meet God. Of course God started manifesting solidly at times as well. But initially there was just pure communication from God & it is like speaking to a person who is millions of times wiser than a mortal. It will bring you to tears when it happens to you & you experience God's love for you.

Don't take my word for it of course. Just meet God for yourself & then you will know i am true. There's no point in mindlessly obeying religions or reading scriptures about people who met God. Meet God for yourself & you will know far more than is written anywhere on the planet.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God is a spirit & is very close to everyone, if they simply open their minds to the invisible spirit world that is all around them; & within them. Christianity forbids people from dabbling with the spirit world, or even listening to it, & therefore people ignore the millions of spiritual experiences God gives to people every day.
God is speaking to the world but the world don't listen because Christianity forbids it, & has officially slain millions of people, (witches etc), whom it assumed were communicating with the spirit world
I find at Leviticus 19:31 and Deuteronomy 18:10-11 ( long before Christianity ) forbid dabbling with the spirit world.

Christendom ( so-called Christian ) officially slain witches, etc.
Genuine 'wheat' Christians do Not take the law into their own hands.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:13 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:

Who created Christianity?

Old 01-27-2020, 04:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
the universe.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:28 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the universe.
That's a cop-out, Arach.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Men. It was inevitable.
Then, because of the civil unrest - Constantine did what a good politician would do - formed the Nicene Council
to put a definition on 'it'. Things calmed down.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:41 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times
Quote:

I very much doubt I see "spirituality" the same way you do.

To me, there is a way of developing a worldview that both assists society and our fellow life forms and feels kind of good...at least in that it becomes like something we can teach to children and adults without frightening them or unnerving them.

I think some people are good at having a clear view of reality that's highly unnerving to many people, and other people are good at depicting things in a pleasant, though misleading way.

What I'd think of as a "spiritual" worldview is one that has both of those positive effects.

I have a concern that holy texts often reduce one's capacity for that kind of spirituality. They push people to follow obsolete, centuries-old advice rather than seeing the world around them as it really is...and that cuts them off from half of that kind of spirituality.

Once you get rid of that...I would think that listening to one's inner voice and such pushes people closer.

Inner voices can be misleading too though. I think it kind of depends on what the inner voice says. Our instincts and cultures are evolved through the same chaotic, reckless processes that resulted in the formation of diseases. We've got to realize that those voices often won't be honest with us either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality