Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 04:47 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah ... I don't have the brains ... thats real special raf.

militant atheist think they are special. Smarter than anybody in regards to spreading what statement of belief about god is right, true, and pure.

And you will spread that word. no matter how many people suffer to do it. Just like some fundamental theist.
Oh dear!
...and moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 04:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh dear!
...and moving on.
more like ...

"keep walking son."

Old 02-24-2020, 05:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Oh dear!
...and moving on.
As i found with Eusebius, it is as unrewarding to get into endless exchange of snark as those interminable box -kicking exchanges we sometimes get in Rugby.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:19 AM

this cite is wonderful in shedding light on what we are up against.

we are fed up with some Christians. Many Christians are fed up with some Christians.

the fundamental theist is a major problem to us. When we list the personality traits (the traits given to people that study people) of the fundamentalist it seems to be consistent with people with border line personality disorders. I think may of us agree to that.

I also think we all can agree that most of us have glitch in some area of our lives. Now, I take that one step further. Because, quite frankly, who do we believe? who is more reliable? what is the best way to un-pack this? Is god belief vs no god belief the best way to unpack this?

If we list those traits (as defined by people that study people) do we have boarder line personality types in atheism? what would an atheist with those personality traits be saying?

the straw man argument in logical fallices doesn't apply here. we are comparing what people are saying to determine the most reliable path we can, for each of us. So ignoring certain aspects of this debate in the name of "stop religion" and "thats not what we are saying." is not appropriate for most people.

we are questioning my-god-only and comparing that to anti-god to stop religion.

The biggest red flag is when people say that aligning a statement of belief about god to what science data is recorded. we have people actually saying that we should not be forming a belief based on the data science has collected. I have no idea how any atheist or theist can think that is any way shape or form the most rational approach.

In fact, I think, most theist and atheist would agree that aligning a statement of belief about god to science is best option we have. Hiding science to maintain a statement of belief about god is the exact thing we don't like about religion and we have atheist saying the exact same thing.

people that get confused are the people we should be teaching to the best of our ability. We shouldn't be using them as weapons. Thats what fundamental theist do.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
As i found with Eusebius, it is as unrewarding to get into endless exchange of snark as those interminable box -kicking exchanges we sometimes get in Rugby.
what was sound from behind that bush? is something hiding back there?

Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Ah, how right you are my dear old sprout.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Ah, how right you are my dear old sprout. The game has been destroyed with that appalling box-kicking. I thought we were robbed on Saturday.
You target people like phet and marc to set them off like smart bombs.

when you look on the field and see people that are ready to play ... you run away. and then laugh amongst yourself how you sure showed us. all giddy and what not.

"agenda free atheism". the scariest thinking known to militant atheist.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 02-24-2020 at 05:44 AM..

Old 02-24-2020, 05:58 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
this cite is wonderful in shedding light on what we are up against.

we are fed up with some Christians. Many Christians are fed up with some Christians.

the fundamental theist is a major problem to us. When we list the personality traits (the traits given to people that study people) of the fundamentalist it seems to be consistent with people with border line personality disorders. I think may of us agree to that.
You have said this literally hundreds of times. Please stop it. Either list the traints you are talking about or we can assume that you are simply trying to stir up trouble.

Quote:
I also think we all can agree that most of us have glitch in some area of our lives. Now, I take that one step further. Because, quite frankly, who do we believe? who is more reliable? what is the best way to un-pack this? Is god belief vs no god belief the best way to unpack this?

If we list those traits (as defined by people that study people) do we have boarder line personality types in atheism? what would an atheist with those personality traits be saying?
There it is again. List the traits you are talking about or this post is just nonsense.

Quote:
the straw man argument in logical fallices doesn't apply here. we are comparing what people are saying to determine the most reliable path we can, for each of us. So ignoring certain aspects of this debate in the name of "stop religion" and "thats not what we are saying." is not appropriate for most people.

we are questioning my-god-only and comparing that to anti-god to stop religion.

The biggest red flag is when people say that aligning a statement of belief about god to what science data is recorded. we have people actually saying that we should not be forming a belief based on the data science has collected. I have no idea how any atheist or theist can think that is any way shape or form the most rational approach.
Who said they were aligning a statement of belief with anything. Be specific. Name names. Who said it? Quote the posts.

Quote:
In fact, I think, most theist and atheist would agree that aligning a statement of belief about god to science is best option we have. Hiding science to maintain a statement of belief about god is the exact thing we don't like about religion and we have atheist saying the exact same thing.
Why would anybody align a statement of belief about God with science? That's complete nonsense.

Quote:
people that get confused are the people we should be teaching to the best of our ability. We shouldn't be using them as weapons. Thats what fundamental theist do.
I'm pretty sure everybody is confused. What confuses them is what you say. What traits are you talking about and what alignment do you mean? Be specific.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:01 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
All you need to do is read some of the comments in this thread and you will understand why some are so fed up with Christianity and all of its rules/doctrines/preachings.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:39 AM

fed up with any group because of what that group does and says.

it make perfect sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality