Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 07:48 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Can I brag about my kid?

She is Dr. Daughter. Earned her PhD this month.

She is 30, and she crashed into some tough obstacles in her 20s, but she set her eyes on that goal and achieved it.

Not bad for the child of two uneducated people who met in a dive bar and went to a horse track on their first date.

Of course. That's wonderful MQ! I'm so happy for you. Especially since I know things have been tough for you of late, it's so nice to hear such lovely news. Congratulations to your bright spark daughter!
I'm so hopeless at other languages - I have great respect for those that can absorb them.

You know, you got me thinking - why don't we shout about the good stuff more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Members gathering in The Sacred Circle...sharing beautiful stories.
This is the best of the forum. So wonderful!

Absolutely. The best thread!

Old 05-20-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Osiyo,it is been many months since I have been here and I have missed sitting around the sacred circle. I have been on a long journey these many months finding myself and taking in all of what is going on in Mother Earth today. I have just recently reached my 300th season, for me it's quite an accomplishment, I have had a new procedure done to my heart which if everything goes right I could very possibly be around for another 300 seasons, I'm sure my wife would enjoy that...lol.... I thank the Ceator for sending the right people my way with the knowledge and skill to have me continue my journey, apparently my journey is not over yet and I have many more lessons to learn and to pass on and I'm very thankful for this newly allotted time is been granted me and I will make sure that it is used very wisely.

I see that some of us are still having discussions and disagreements about the different beliefs that we all have and I wonder why that is so when all of our beliefs are basically the same. We all want to believe in a creator of some sort of supreme being if you will but it should make no difference as to what he or she may be called or by what name we wish to give this individual. Our belief should be ours alone and never forced upon another because when that happens and there is animosity and when there is animosity then there is distrust and then there is division and hatred in all respect will disappear. This is not good, each individual should be allowed to practice their beliefs as they see fit and not by somebody else telling them how to. Life is too short to get into such disagreements, so put aside all your disagreements, animosity, and hatred and learn to live a life of peace and happiness.

These are my words that I pass on to you.Osiyo

Wise words Ptsum. I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope to see you around for another 300 seasons too!

Old 05-20-2022, 08:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thank you Ptsum for drawing this circle of peace, harmony, and understanding and inviting us in.
I believe the love we all seek is right in our own heart, our own Self. We look for it in all those places that are not-self and get disappointed, sad. But once we realize the love we seek is not for the other but it is for the sake of our Self that we love, it rises like the fragrance of a rose and touches everyone in the circle. We cannot but love.
Quote:
Can I brag about my kid?

She is 30, and she crashed into some tough obstacles in her 20s, but she set her eyes on that goal and achieved it.

Not bad for the child of two uneducated people who met in a dive bar and went to a horse track on their first date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Of course. That's wonderful MQ! I'm so happy for you. Especially since I know things have been tough for you of late, it's so nice to hear such lovely news. Congratulations to your bright spark daughter!
I'm so hopeless at other languages - I have great respect for those that can absorb them.

You know, you got me thinking - why don't we shout about the good stuff more?
Quote:
Absolutely. The best thread!
Quote:
Thanks Mordant. He's doing great. He's half way through his course there now. The first year was hard going as it was right at the start of covid-times and Scotland was very strict about all of that, so they didn't have much movement. But student life is back to normal now. This summer he's doing an internship with a blockchain start up. Don't ask me what that is but he understands it so...

Actually my second child has also just accepted a place at University and has also decided to migrate back to the homeland. She will be going to The London College of Fashion, now under the umbrella of University of The Arts, London in September.
(Not bad for two kids raised without religion hey? )
Quote:
Wise words Ptsum. I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope to see you around for another 300 seasons too!
The great post by the Wise Original Poster and the one that formed this Sacred Circle...then the contributions by the Mother members (I think Motherhood is the Pinnacle of human endeavor) coming in and sharing stories about their children, and feeling the love and pride vibe coming through (THAT is what's "Spiritual"!) from those posts.
Well...this is one of the best days on this forum in a long, long time.

Old 05-21-2022, 10:04 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thank you Ptsum for drawing this circle of peace, harmony, and understanding and inviting us in.
I believe the love we all seek is right in our own heart, our own Self. We look for it in all those places that are not-self and get disappointed, sad. But once we realize the love we seek is not for the other but it is for the sake of our Self that we love, it rises like the fragrance of a rose and touches everyone in the circle. We cannot but love.
this is beautiful, and just what i needed to hear (and feel) this morning
thank you

Old 05-21-2022, 05:14 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
this is beautiful, and just what i needed to hear (and feel) this morning
thank you
That makes me happy, Tzap. Thank you.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:50 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Can I brag about my kid?

Congratulation, MQ!~ Your daughter sounds amazing.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The great post by the Wise Original Poster and the one that formed this Sacred Circle...then the contributions by the Mother members (I think Motherhood is the Pinnacle of human endeavor) coming in and sharing stories about their children, and feeling the love and pride vibe coming through (THAT is what's "Spiritual"!) from those posts.
Well...this is one of the best days on this forum in a long, long time.
Thanks Gldn. I think a lot of people on here don't realise what a warm hearted person you are. That's why I've always liked you.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:15 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Thanks Gldn. I think a lot of people on here don't realise what a warm hearted person you are. That's why I've always liked you.
Thank YOU.
What jams me up is my twisted sense of humor and what I find entertaining and amusing...thus, the exchanges.
But I know what really matters in this world/life...and it is that I'm most drawn to and I love when it's there in front of me.

I was so happy to see ptsum posting...and so wanted him to post to his Sacred Circle. This is certainly the coolest thread in the history of the forum.
Sure enough...we not only got his wisdom, but it got us posts by the wonderful women of this board, and them telling about their children and reveling in their Motherhood...which, as you know, is something I place at the very top of precious experience and effort.
So wonderful!

Old 05-27-2022, 08:23 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Glad that you have got your fuel pump rebuilt! :-)

I think some religious folk are taught that they must be right or they will not have eternal life, or at least not the kind they want. And as soon as you need to be right, you have to make others wrong. The fear is very strong and hard to let go of.

If you feel like it and feel up to it I am curious what you have made of "all of what is going on" these days.
mordant, you asked me a good question, you asked me what I have made of what is going on these days.
I think, and this is just my opinion and observation, that we have lost our way and that we are wandering about trying to find the right path to take. In the past few years things have really gotten confusing and out of hand, we have lost our ability to be able to communicate with one another in a civil way and it has caused a great deal of pain and divisiveness within us and in turn it has caused a lot of suspicion, distrust, and animosity to one another. My heart is very heavy over the most recent events that have taken place where the lives of innocent adults and children have been taken for no reason other than hatred. This is something that we need to try to understand and to eliminate. Granted there is always going to be those individuals who are going to be felt to be outsiders and I think if we were to sit and talk and try to find out what is troubling these individuals maybe there is the possibility of stoping all this hatred and learn to care and live with one another in harmony and peace. That is my hope for humankind because if we don't learn to respect and listen to one another then there will be no hope and we will eventually exterminate ourselves.

Last edited by ptsum; 05-27-2022 at 08:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality