Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 08:31 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How would it learn from mere data without the product of YOUR consciousness resident in the program????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
1, there is the goal post moving.
There is the inexplicable lack of comprehension for such an otherwise intelligent person. No goal post was moved. I am trying to get you to see that YOU instantiate YOUR conscious processing into the algorithmic manipulations you program into the machine. The machine has no way to generate those processes on its own because it has NO consciousness and it will not have any consciousness despite using YOUR instantiated processing. It simply mimics outcomes.
Quote:
2, I build the program that represents neurons in the brain. but no one builds the actual neurons in the brain.
No one said this least of all me. You make very strange inferences. Of course, you supply the simulated conscious processing using YOUR consciousness otherwise it cannot exist within the non-conscious machine.
Quote:
DO try and keep up with the actual arguments.
The one having difficulty understanding the ACTUAL arguments seems to be YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 08:36 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I sympathise. But regrettably the atheist side are seen as being Personal when they are pointing out invalid and illogical reasoning, and the theist side resorts to personals when they run out of arguments, which is usually very quickly. I learned from our ld Theist Pal Eusebius that when the Believers lose the argument, trashtalk at least enable them to score equal points.
The victim card again. And whats even funnier is that you do the exact same thing. But when you do it you just blame the other person.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:53 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
There is the inexplicable lack of comprehension for such an otherwise intelligent person. No goal post was moved.
When I corrected you on the role of the data, you changed to pretend you was talking about the program. Guess what? I know my consciousness was responsible for creating the program. Thank you for THAT lecture.

Quote:
The machine has no way to generate those processes on its own because it has NO consciousness and it will not have any consciousness despite using YOUR instantiated processing. It simply mimics outcomes.
No, it is generating it's own outcomes based on what it learnt from the data. That is why it is called machine learning. Just like we can learn new things.

Quote:
No one said this least of all me. You make very strange inferences.
You were implying a consciousness was required to create the conscious / pseudo conscious output, coy boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality