Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 01:06 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times

Advertisements

Sounds similar to "The Force" of Star Wars fame.

I don't believe it but anything is possible. Something has to explain the way, if you stare at someone's back long enough, they will eventually begin to look around the room because they start to "feel" it.

I have always considered it some variation of ESP (literally extra sensory perception) as we really don't know the full capacity of the human mind, especially as relates to the ethereal. But I suppose it would be some field that connects everything. There is no way to know.

Just let me know if it is a good movie, so I can add it to my Netflix list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 02:30 PM

564 posts, read 677,666 times
I have seen an overweight, 5 ft. tall, female martial art/yoga instructor lift 300+ pound weights, take down muscular dudes over 6ft. tall with ease, become dead-weight standing whereby several of us could not budge her an inch, among other feats which she also taught us to do in time. I believe in the power our conscious minds can have when properly trained and harnessed collectively. There is a downside to all of this. Simply because we are human, we are prone to duality, and this positive energy can backfire at us and create just as strong negative energy coming from external nefarious influences. Example: Same martial arts/yoga instructor exits a restaurant with boyfriend and saw her boyfriend get shot dead in a random drive by, and all her hair turned grey that same day, quit practicing and teaching due to the shock, followed by a huge depression, she lost the power she had, and our small group could not get it back. It was a very empowering experience for us, but we left the power of a personal GOD out of the equation. I believe Mankind's power can never become totally positive if we leave the power of a personal GOD'S Instruction out of the equation.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-22-2020 at 02:39 PM..

Old 06-22-2020, 02:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
I have seen an overweight, 5 ft. tall, female martial art/yoga instructor lift 300+ pound weights, take down muscular dudes over 6ft. tall with ease, become dead-weight standing whereby several of us could not budge her an inch, among other feats which she also taught us to do in time. I believe in the power our conscious minds can have when properly trained and harnessed collectively. There is a downside to all of this. Simply because we are human, we are prone to duality, and this positive energy can backfire at us and create just as strong negative energy coming from external nefarious influences. Example: Same martial arts/yoga instructor exits a restaurant and saw her boyfriend get shot dead in a random drive by, and all her hair turned grey that same day, quit practicing and teaching due to the shock, followed by a huge depression, she lost the power she had, and our small group could not get it back. It was a very empowering experience for us, but we left the power of a personal GOD out of the equation. I believe Mankind's power can never become totally positive if we leave the GOD'S teaching out of the equation.
it is impossible to stop an evolving universe. I predict the next life form in 200 years or less.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:47 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Worry not, Arch. AI already passed Turing test. It's already here.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:21 PM

22,163 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My synthesis and extrapolation of the consciousness field as the unified field that establishes our Reality is a genuine, legitimate, scientifically-based explanation of the composition of our Reality. It will only be harmed by this kind of attempt to "Woo-ize" it with a bunch of extant esoteric mumbo jumbo, Tzaph. I understand that the actual QFT and such are beyond the grasp of a mass audience but that is no excuse to "dumb it down" to simplistic and supernatural "Woo" because that is believed by large numbers of people, IMO.

As a gesture of compromise to your "Woo-ness," I will acknowledge the obvious. Since the basic field is the consciousness field of God, it WOULD have the kind of unlimited power to violate the laws that seem to govern our Reality - similar to the way our imagination and dreams do. This would put miracles and such into play for those inclined to credit them.
the people listed who contribute to this research are scientists. You are not.
Have you even looked at the list? These people have decades and decades of research, with their work recognized by thousands. You do not.

Korotkov - Professor of Computer Science and Biophysics
Lipton - biologist
Braden - geologist, earth sciences
Ovokaitys - Physician in Pulmonary and Intensive Care Medicine, cell research of immune system, developed laser technology for healing
Segal - atmospheric physicist
Coxon and Holte - musicians, research on sound healing
Reid - Acoustic physics researcher
Ventura - research the influence of sound on DNA

there are conferences regularly on "Science and Spirituality" where this research is presented and discussed, year after year. Are you attending these kinds of symposia? Are you discussing with others in this arena your own ideas? if you truly have an interest in "science and spirituality" this is the community for you. or you can stay in your tiny box of one convinced everyone else is dumber than you. and your sad little "synthesis" will suffocate if it hasn't already from being locked away.

the thing is, people with ideas bring them to community for input, for discussion, for feedback. you seem reluctant, no you seem dead set against doing that. you have such contempt and disdain for everyone, even those with similar interests. that is not the mind set of someone able to learn.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-22-2020 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 08:30 AM

I hear this stuff all the time. And usually claims that can be linked back to the standard model are more valid than claims that don't. And actually saying "they can be linked back to the standard model" is really a misnomer. What actually is done by these people is that they start with the standard model and build up to the final claim or concept.

Using science and not being worried about "The word god muddies the waters" or trying not to muddy the waters and tow the party line really exposes agenda's. something happened to people that need a deity and/or anti-god to stop religion. People not directly scarred by some event don't usually have to lean on a deity and or anti-god.

And some "scarring" could just be the person being from an anti-religious country or how they blame the unites states for their woes. Its just how emotionally mature the person is in trying to remove personal bias when evaluating reliability. Just like I have to be careful being a product of the cold wart.

"Why not just call it what it is?" yes, why not just say "alive" fits the biosphere more than not alive. Its scientifically very sound. In fact, there isn't many reasons to have to deny the science.

Muddy watres" means what exactly?
"peaceful solutions" mean what exactly?
Its seems like what the mean is tow a party line for or against god.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:27 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,486 times
I had an interesting experience about 20 years ago. I had a dream in which the name Lynne McTaggart was very prominent. When I awoke, all I remembered of the dream was "Lynne McTaggart." I wondered "Who on earth is Lynne McTaggart?" I had no clue, nor was I even sure how to spell the name. But I quickly discovered that at least one Lynne McTaggart is the author of THE FIELD: THE QUEST FOR THE SECRET FORCE OF THE UNIVERSE. See https://lynnemctaggart.com/

Another increasingly popular notion is panpsychism, which basically regards matter and consciousness as equally fundamental to our reality. See https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/panpsychism/

Bernardo Kastrup, in THE IDEA OF THE WORLD, comprising a series of peer-reviewed papers touching on numerous scientific disciplines, speculates that consciousness is fundamental (idealism) and that we as individuals exist as islands of consciousness within the greater transcendent consciousness which is responsible for the reality we experience, See https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGQPV3R...ng=UTF8&btkr=1 This is consistent with the Christian notion of God creating ex nihilo.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:48 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the people listed who contribute to this research are scientists. You are not.
You have no idea what I am or am not, Tzaph. Everyone with a genuine Ph.D. is a scientist by training and capable of advancing knowledge in their fields through original research. I am not your adversary just because I do not accept Woo and my compromise was offered genuinely. Since our Reality exists within the consciousness of God, God COULD make anything happen regardless of whatever laws we discover.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:05 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
You have no idea what I am or am not, Tzaph. Everyone with a genuine Ph.D. is a scientist by training and capable of advancing knowledge in their fields through original research. I am not your adversary just because I do not accept Woo and my compromise was offered genuinely. Since our Reality exists within the consciousness of God, God COULD make anything happen regardless of whatever laws we discover.
Mystic, throughout the years, many posters have tried to explain to you in all manner of ways they believe you aggressively preach woo. It's odd that you can not see the irony in you trying to scold others about woo.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:

In a way, the bolded is woo. I would change your sentence to god's consciousness can only operate within the frame work of the universe. Much like you can only "imagine" in the frame work of your brain. "You" here meaning a general "you", as in any of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality