Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 04:45 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times

Advertisements

To the OP...

Time began out from eternity in the moment of living birth God shared from His first spoken word, Let there be light. Which provides an eternal living beginning to return to, as I love the life God shared there, and brought forth living creation from and the formation of living birth.

When I look at the Priesthood of Melchizedek, I see a Priesthood that connects time and eternity. Just as Melchizedek, the High Priest and King of Salem, blessed God and Abram together after the battle in the Valley of Kings, as he shared his observation in blessing. As it is the same blessing God provided in the priestly blessing, after which God said He would put His name on them. Just as God put His name on Abram, calling Him Abraham, after he received the blessing, from the High Priest Melchizedek.

I look to the fullness of time. And for those who enter the eternal living beginning God shared and gave from the start. Entering with the priestly blessing upon them and a name from God to be received, as it is written in the Book of Life. Where no one enters the eternal living beginning as someone who comes along lately. As they all share in the same eternal living beginning God shared at the start. Through the Heir and Firstborn of all His creation.

P.S. And to enter life in the eternal beginning, means that it remains eternally new for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 04:47 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes.
indeed.
Are you saying that you don't believe that time exists? I know you don't want a debate on this thread, but I'm curious to know if you're actually in agreement with ukrkoz's completely unscientific claim.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:57 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
To the OP...

Time began out from eternity in the moment of living birth God shared from His first spoken word, Let there be light. Which provides an eternal living beginning to return to, as I love the life God shared there, and brought forth living creation from and the formation of living birth.

When I look at the Priesthood of Melchizedek, I see a Priesthood that connects time and eternity. Just as Melchizedek, the High Priest and King of Salem, blessed God and Abram together after the battle in the Valley of Kings, as he shared his observation in blessing. As it is the same blessing God provided in the priestly blessing, after which God said He would put His name on them. Just as God put His name on Abram, calling Him Abraham, after he received the blessing, from the High Priest Melchizedek.

I look to the fullness of time. And for those who enter the eternal living beginning God shared and gave from the start. Entering with the priestly blessing upon them and a name from God to be received, as it is written in the Book of Life. Where no one enters the eternal living beginning as someone who comes along lately. As they all share in the same eternal living beginning God shared at the start. Through the Heir and Firstborn of all His creation.
Did you know, in some versions, Noah's brother is deemed a Melchizedek? So, Noah was average man with a Melchizedek sibling!?

Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Are you saying that you don't believe that time exists? I know you don't want a debate on this thread, but I'm curious to know if you're actually in agreement with ukrkoz's completely unscientific claim.
a person can certainly ask for clarification or explanation of what someone means.
i can't speak for urkoz, but i can speak to my agreeing with his post. so this is my views, not his.

i agree that time is an artificial construct. artificial in the sense that it is a perspective that is "not real."
it is limited to and exists only in dimensions of physical human where things are described as linear and happening in sequence one after the other. sequential.

whereas in multi-dmensional reality, everything is happening at the same time.
language is an example. when we communicate as humans one to another say on the printed page, it is linear, one word after the other, one sentence after the other.

have you ever gotten an intuitive "information packet" of thought received that came in "all at once" and you knew an entire concept or complex explanation that was delivered or conveyed to you, and you understood it in its eintirety instantly without a linear word by word explanation? that is an example of a not linear communication. that is an example of "no time."

an example in the realm of religion and spirituality is "past lives." that is a linear concept. this life, the next life, many hundreds of lives in sequence. however in "no time" those lives are all happening at once. in parallel. that is how changing something now can change a past life. because they are all going on at the same time. this is also a multidimensional framework and has there being "more than one of you" or rather parts of the single you in many different places and lifetimes.

in many paths of religion and spirituality, the Creative Source (Oneness, God, Creator) is described as no beginning no end, always was, always will be. that is "no time." i believe that is the essence of who we are as humans, that we come from that and return to that.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Did you know, in some versions, Noah's brother is deemed a Melchizedek? So, Noah was average man with a Melchizedek sibling!?
Noah blessed God and Shem together, just as the High Priest Melchizedek blessed God and Abram together, it is in the heritage.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:05 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There is no time.
Time is convenience, created by humans for human use.
Outside of humanity, time does not exist.
To all that will argue otherwise, I have only one response. Please, show me time. Not so called instruments to measure it, not so called theories about it. Show me time.
As such, my dear Tzaphkiel, in my system of beliefs, your questions are invalid. But, let me say this: NOW IS. You heard that from me before. That, pretty much, answers all of your questions, being all inclusive answer.
Yes.
In Sanskrit Kala is the term for both time and death. Time equals death. Every moment that dies, we get closer to the death of our physical self. The only true reality is now, this moment. Absolute reality transcends time and space, has no beginning and no end, is eternal.
The world that we experience is a projection of our mind, a superimposition on our true self, and subject to time and death. The way we transact with this world, which is determined by how we manage our desires and actions, in turn binds us to this world. Our true eternal self is revealed to us through meditation, when we transcend time and experience our Oneness of the absolute reality. Our ability to achieve that is determined by the extent to which we succeed to sunder our bonds with the world.

Great post, Tzapkiel. Looking forward to reading others thoughts.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My understanding from what I've read is there is no time. My mind doesn't understand all that, but I believe we are energy and as such, have always existed and always will. I don't ascribe to a Christian or any other god, but I ascribe to a Source of light and life and see myself connected to that and all life, whether plant or animal.
Perfect.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
a person can certainly ask for clarification or explanation of what someone means.
i can't speak for urkoz, but i can speak to my agreeing with his post. so this is my views, not his.

i agree that time is an artificial construct. artificial in the sense that it is a perspective that is "not real."
it is limited to and exists only in dimensions of physical human where things are described as linear and happening in sequence one after the other. sequential.

language is an example. when we communicate as humans one to another say on the printed page, it is linear, one word after the other, one sentence after the other.

have you ever gotten an intuitive "information packet" of thought received that came in "all at once" and you knew an entire concept or complex explanation that was delivered or conveyed to you, and you understood it in its eintirety instantly without a linear word by word explanation? that is an example of a not linear communication. that is an example of "no time."

an example in the realm of religion and spirituality is "past lives." that is a linear concept. this life, the next life, many hundreds of lives in sequence. however in "no time" those lives are all happening at once. in parallel. that is how changing something now can change a past life. because they are all going on at the same time. this is also a multidimensional framework and has there being "more than one of you" or rather parts of the single you in many different places and lifetimes.

in many paths of religion and spirituality, the Creative Source (Oneness, God, Creator) is described as no beginning no end, always was, always will be. that is "no time." i believe that is the essence of who we are as humans, that we come from that and return to that.
Really appreciate the way you unpacked the “information packet.”

Old 07-05-2020, 06:47 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:

If I may, if time was not a real property of the universe, the Second Law of Thermodynamics would not exist. Nor would our GPS systems work and Einstein's theory of relativity would be shot all to hell. Time can be and has been very accurately measured in experiments. Physicists refer to space as space/time - a fabric which can be warped. You might disagree on philosophical grounds, but scientifically speaking, yes, time is real and not an artificial construct. I go with the science. That's all I'll say on the matter. I don't want to take your thread off topic.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:56 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
If I may, if time was not a real property of the universe, the Second Law of Thermodynamics would not exist. Nor would our GPS systems work and Einstein's theory of relativity would be shot all to hell. Time can be and has been very accurately measured in experiments. Physicists refer to space as space/time - a fabric which can be warped. You might disagree on philosophical grounds, but scientifically speaking, yes, time is real and not an artificial construct. I go with the science. That's all I'll say on the matter.
Actually, science is leaning very much - almost definitively - in the opposite direction. Google "the nature of time" and you'll see that time, real as it seems to us, is widely regarded by physicists as an illusion. There is debate as to exactly in what way it's an illusion, but almost no one regards sequential time in the way we experience it as being real. This isn't fringe science but very much mainstream Scientific American sort of stuff.

Here are three links from the first page of Google results:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...pace-and-time/

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...th-about-time/

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...time-interview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality