Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
The situation is reality.
The lens is your belief system (animism).

How confident are you (on a scale from 1 - 100%) that your belief system provides you with a clear view of reality?
I don't think in those terms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 10:48 AM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't think in those terms.
You can’t estimate your confidence level in your belief system as a percentage? OK, I’ll use your own wording...
Are you simply content with the answers your belief system provides and still have the door ajar, open to new areas of exploration, or are you more confident than that?

Old 08-14-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
You can’t estimate your confidence level in your belief system as a percentage? OK, I’ll use your own wording...
Are you simply content with the answers your belief system provides and still have the door ajar, open to new areas of exploration, or are you more confident than that?
I'm comfortable. But as my guru advised - if I come to a new, interesting fork in my road, I'll take it.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:59 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
TRANSPONDER
This message has been deleted by Mightyqueen801. Reason: Mass delete of posts bickering and discussing one another. Stop it.

Sorry. even I put him on ignore he is getting me the scarlet slapdown. I gotta stop responding.
Not sure whether the objection expressed about the bickering doesn't serve better than to delete them, but "whatever works" as they say. Many times suggested the option to ignore as well. Seems you might be getting there!

Old 08-14-2020, 11:02 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
I'm comfortable. But as my guru advised - if I come to a new, interesting fork in my road, I'll take it.
During your travels and the "interesting" forks in your road no doubt yet to come, it's always worth remembering the story of John Allen Chau...

"Make good choices" as dear old mom always likes to say!

Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
You’re comfortable with your current belief system, because it resonates with you, but you wouldn’t say you have a high confidence that it’s the clearest view of reality. Is that fair to say?

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 08-14-2020 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-14-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You’re comfortable with your current belief system, because it resonates with you, but you wouldn’t say you have a high confidence that it’s the clearest view of reality. Is that fair to say?
No.

I told you I don't think in those terms. The only times I've questioned reality were during the late 60s and early 70s when I partook of various hallucinogenic substances. Since then, we get along just fine.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
No.

I told you I don't think in those terms. The only times I've questioned reality were during the late 60s and early 70s when I partook of various hallucinogenic substances. Since then, we get along just fine.
Quote:
I found no answers that resonated until I began pondering the most ancient of belief systems - animism - that the "life spirit" exists within virtually* everything.
Do you believe “the life spirit exists within virtually everything” is a true statement?

Old 08-14-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Do you believe “the life spirit exists within virtually everything” is a true statement?
Yes.

And "god" plays the music to which sub atomic particles dance.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yes.

And "god" plays the music to which sub atomic particles dance.
OK, you believe that “the life spirit exists within virtually everything” is a true statement.
If you believe that to be true, don’t you have some degree of confidence that “the life spirit exists within virtually everything” is ‘reality‘?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality