Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 12:34 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, its not nonsensical at all...

If these beings are so much more advanced than we are, and considering how they have been seen for 1000s of years, the possibility of them being 'our creators' is very real.

For all we know, the bible may be a purely human creation of stories. The question of whether or not there is an all powerful creator God would still be relevant,(something would have had to create these advanced aliens too), but this God may not be anything like the God in our bible.
WHOOOOOOSH!

That's the sound of the point going straight over your head. And if your R&C is not astute enough to have captured it, it is pointless for me to try to explain it to you.

And I think that I won't bother going too far into the fact that the linked story is a mutation of the original, which was scant on facts and consisted mostly of hearsay to the tune of "This guy said blah" and "That guy thinks blah".

Cheese and crackers. Somebody could tell a story about the hairball they found in a corner of the room, and before long you're telling people about a guy that killed a 'dogman' (that disappeared in a puff of vapor before he could snap a picture).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 01:27 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God is NOT anything like the God in our bible. God is like the God Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously, contradicting all of the barbarity and savagery attributed to God in the Bible by our primitive ancestors.
Doesn't it concern you at all that this revelation was apparently only given to you?

Old 07-29-2020, 02:03 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Doesn't it concern you at all that this revelation was apparently only given to you?
Why should it? Others here seem to resonate with it and Jesus's agape love for even His torturers and murderers is entirely consistent with it.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:19 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Why should it? Others here seem to resonate with it and Jesus's agape love for even His torturers and murderers is entirely consistent with it.
Because you've taken your belief to an extreme fundamentalist level, and you are the only one in contact with your mean spirited, lying poltergeist deity.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Because you've taken your belief to an extreme fundamentalist level, and you are the only one in contact with your mean spirited, lying poltergeist deity.
You have a reading comprehension problem. I reject the barbaric and savage beliefs about God in the Bible which portray God as mean-spirited, lying, contradictory, and inconsistent. I accept the God of Jesus portrayed as unconditionally loving and accepting, compassionate, merciful, kind, etc. How did you manage to get so confused???

Old 07-29-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You have a reading comprehension problem. I reject the barbaric and savage beliefs about God in the Bible which portray God as mean-spirited, lying, contradictory, and inconsistent. I accept the God of Jesus portrayed as unconditionally loving and accepting, compassionate, merciful, kind, etc. How did you manage to get so confused???
No, it's you with the comprehension problem. That's why you've repeatedly stated the same thing over 44 thousand times to no avail.
And your behavior easily negates what you profess with your mouth.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
No, it's you with the comprehension problem. That's why you've repeatedly stated the same thing over 44 thousand times to no avail.
And your behavior easily negates what you profess with your mouth.
There is that persistent OCD focusing on me as a person and NOTmy views as if my shortcomings and failings somehow undermine the validity of my views.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
There is that persistent OCD focusing on me as a person and NOTmy views as if my shortcomings and failings somehow undermine the validity of my views.
Do you not remember thinking you were privy to yell and try to correct me on several occasions? I try to respect your advanced seniority but that's dwindling fast.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Do you not remember thinking you were privy to yell and try to correct me on several occasions? I try to respect your advanced seniority but that's dwindling fast.
No, I do not remember, but that is not unusual for me these days.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't think it is. His experience goes by many descriptions. But at the root of them is the same thing. the connection to the system around them. They connected to bigger and alive.

the question is how true is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality