Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 04:56 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,760,133 times

Advertisements

If God created Alien life on other worlds, would it Kill the belief in God. For example according to the Bible in the last days the following will happen.

“Their slain will be left unburied, and the stench of their corpses will rise; the mountains will flow with their blood. All the stars of heaven will be dissolved. The skies will be rolled up like a scroll, and all their stars will fall like withered leaves on the vine, and foliage on the fig tree. When My sword has drunk its fill in the heavens, then it will come down upon Edom, upon the people I have devoted to destruction”

why would God punish Alien life with destruction that had nothing to do with mans sin and downfall. It would make absolutely no sense!

Quote:

Now, the New York Times is reporting that the secretive task force is expected to release new and alarming findings that may involve vehicles made of materials not of this planet.

https://fox6now.com/2020/07/24/not-m...some-findings/

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 07-28-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 05:48 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,036,864 times
There is NO alien life.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:07 AM

1,161 posts, read 462,857 times
Presumably you realize that the NYT "blockbuster" was an entirely predictable dud. If you're waiting for some startling disclosure, don't hold your breath.

If there are in fact beings made in God's image elsewhere in the universe, God has presumably dealt with them appropriately and will do so at the end times.

If life elsewhere in the universe consists of the equivalent of giant amoebae and cockroaches, it will presumably perish with the earthly amoebae and cockroaches.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,518,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If God created Alien life on other worlds, would it Kill the belief in God. For example according to the Bible in the last days the following will happen.

“Their slain will be left unburied, and the stench of their corpses will rise; the mountains will flow with their blood. All the stars of heaven will be dissolved. The skies will be rolled up like a scroll, and all their stars will fall like withered leaves on the vine, and foliage on the fig tree. When My sword has drunk its fill in the heavens, then it will come down upon Edom, upon the people I have devoted to destruction”

why would God punish Alien life with destruction that had nothing to do with mans sin and downfall. It would make absolutely no sense!

there is no reason to take the bible literally. In fact doing so renders it meaningless.
evidence: what you just posted about the bible.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:06 AM

33,059 posts, read 26,267,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
There is NO alien life.
And just how do you know that? How could you possibly know that there is no alien life? Care to answer, or is this a drive by post?

Old 07-28-2020, 08:07 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
The bible has a lot of crap in it. Too many people believe the crap is true.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:48 PM

18,227 posts, read 16,841,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

Your entire premise is flawed when you ask "Why would God punish Alien life with destruction that had nothing to do with mans sin and downfall?" On what basis other than the Bible--a faulty inaccurate mishmash of disjointed stories skewered so ridiculously toward Jewish superiority that it is immediately discounted as anything that should be taken seriously--on what basis other than the Bible do you make the assumption God would punish alien life? I mean where in the Bible does it even suggest such an incredible thing, unless you're associating Edom with aliens.

Best as we see in reality, not the fantasy world Christianity has constructed for itself and its minions, God doesn't pass judgement on anybody for anything on the earth. He's totally divorced from what goes on down here and I think His complete absence on earth makes that abundantly clear. Please name me one case where it has been demonstrated with concrete evidence, not conjecture, that God punished anybody?

Old 07-29-2020, 10:51 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,046,558 times
The 'question' itself is nonsensical.

It's like asking "If I plant asparagus in my garden, will it kill belief in Santa Claus?"

Old 07-29-2020, 11:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The 'question' itself is nonsensical.

It's like asking "If I plant asparagus in my garden, will it kill belief in Santa Claus?"
No, its not nonsensical at all...

If these beings are so much more advanced than we are, and considering how they have been seen for 1000s of years, the possibility of them being 'our creators' is very real.

For all we know, the bible may be a purely human creation of stories. The question of whether or not there is an all powerful creator God would still be relevant,(something would have had to create these advanced aliens too), but this God may not be anything like the God in our bible.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:36 AM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
For all we know, the bible may be a purely human creation of stories. The question of whether or not there is an all powerful creator God would still be relevant,(something would have had to create these advanced aliens too), but this God may not be anything like the God in our bible.
God is NOT anything like the God in our bible. God is like the God Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously, contradicting all of the barbarity and savagery attributed to God in the Bible by our primitive ancestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality