Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 05:04 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think it's dumb to believe every statistic you read. It would be dumb for me to interpret it that way also.

It means nothing to God.
people are believing less in a dude died and rose for our sins because it doesn't match observation.

People will always believe in "something more" is going on because it has science and engineering behind it.

The real point, is people are dropping the biblegod for other, more sound beliefs in god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 05:04 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All I see is people on your side that are too fragile to handle truth when spoken to you.
How exactly does that respond to the data the other poster presented?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I think it's dumb to believe every statistic you read. It would be dumb for me to interpret it that way also.

It means nothing to God.
It seems to mean a lot to you.

Are you saying church attendance in America is not in decline?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:56 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It seems to mean a lot to you.
Are you saying church attendance in America is not in decline?
I just don't trust statistical quotes, because I know how easily they are manipulated. I just meant that it was meaningless.

But even if it were valid, it doesn't really reflect Christian faith. You know that. Don't play dumb.

A lot of people in the past probably self-identified as "Christian" because they were raised attending church. It's a cultural identity.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
I just don't trust statistical quotes, because I know how easily they are manipulated. I just meant that it was meaningless.

But even if it were valid, it doesn't really reflect Christian faith. You know that. Don't play dumb.

A lot of people in the past probably self-identified as "Christian" because they were raised attending church. It's a cultural identity.
people are leaving the religion Ozzy. But there are still far more people that believe in something more.

Just because it the most logical position. That something just doesn't seem to be the biblegod.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:

Let's try something a little different then, particularly in this thread. Go ahead -- condemn a christian's (Falwell) behavior that led to him get millions.

I bet you can't do it.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Let's try something a little different then, particularly in this thread. Go ahead -- condemn a christian's (Falwell) behavior that led to him get millions.

I bet you can't do it.
To be honest, I don't know much about him. I respected his father.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I don't know much about him. I respected his father.
See. I knew you couldn't. You never do.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
See. I knew you couldn't. You never do.
It doesn't matter that half the respondents here didn't know who he was either.
Yet I'm the only bad one.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter that half the respondents here didn't know who he was either.
Yet I'm the only bad one.
No. That's not what I'm saying.

All you had to do is read ONE article that was cited earlier. And based on that alone any reasonable person would say he was being disgraceful in terms of what most christians would say are christian principles. But as always, you will not criticize anything a "christian" does.

And here's why that's a problem: it's that same type of turn your gaze away from the wrongdoing that we've seen so many times in the past, including the priestly scandals in the catholic church.

Wrong is wrong and needs to be called out. But you won't do that unless it's about people with a different world view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality