Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 12:56 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sometimes the truth is convenient. Why can you not accept this very simple definition? Refusing to accept this definition given repeatedly by various atheists shows a degree of prejudice on your part. But you keep trying to tilt mind mills that exist in your imagination. Sounds like it might make a good story, perhaps set it in the past in Spain.
Are you trying to say is that atheists in general do not value intellect?

This is not a trick question. I'm just asking honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 01:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Yes America needs to return to its more Christian past of about 100 years ago when the looting and burning and murderind was done by good white Christians like the KKK upon black Americans. Check out the Tulsa riots of I think 1918 f9r an example.

No hatred but you sure like to scapegoat non Christians for all the problems in society. You mention the looting and rioting which must be implying the BLM with no mention of the police brutality and systemic racism that both began the protest and that which has attacked the protesters. Is racism part of your not hating others.

You and other Christians claim you don't hate people just the wicked that they must hold because they are not Christian. That is simply prejudice and bigotry. Instead of seeking a common solution to complex problems it is simpler and perhaps more satisfying to blame all the problems upon others. Others like Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu, atheists, pagans, LBGT etc must be entirely to blame because Christians cannot be.

Funny how countries with lower percentage of Christians can work as a society with fewer major problems than the USA. Maybe, just maybe theRe are reasons for your country's problems that are not religious in nature. But no, others not being Christian is a simpler way of ignoring the problems.

The we don't hate but is a tired excuse . And is so meaningless.
good white Christians are the ones that are trying to stop it badland. A fact that you dimiss out of out hand.

We see every time ... Good believers stopping bad believers. what in the way do you have showing good non believers stopping bad non believers?

Its not happening fast enough because they, like you do, bought into the crap nothing notion of ...

"Just get out of our way we are trying to achieve the same goal."

or this post taken out of context too?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Some atheists are dumb, some are mean spirited and some are terrible people. And some are very smart and kind hearted. Atheism is about a lack of belief in any gods or goddesses. It has nothing to do with Richard Dawkins or anyone else. Not sure that has anything to do with aborting fetuses with Down syndrome.

D9 you stand in support of everything well known Christians have stated? Does your Christainity falter with a mean or nasty remark made by a well known Christian? Do you support those that wish gays to be put to death, that atheists are parasites, that blacks are inferior or all Muslims should be deported? Hopefully not because your faith should not be based on any statement by a person outside the Bible. Richard Dawkins could advocate the destruction of all cemeteries or the burning of Bibles and none of that affects what atheism is.

As an uncle to a girl who was more handicapped physically and mentally that the majority of down syndrome people and having known people with it I may have a different opinion than Dawkins however until I read what he actually said I won't make a judgement on it. Your link was an opinion piece so I can't judge his statement fairly on what was provided.

However if he did state that down syndrome fetuses should be aborted take it up with him not all the other atheists in the world, especially without asking them if they agree with him.
oh yeah, you aint politically based, or this taken out of contexted?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:23 PM

50,804 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Sometimes the truth is convenient. Why can you not accept this very simple definition? Refusing to accept this definition given repeatedly by various atheists shows a degree of prejudice on your part. But you keep trying to tilt mind mills that exist in your imagination. Sounds like it might make a good story, perhaps set it in the past in Spain.
Because he wants to define us in the way that is most advantageous to his religious views.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because he wants to define us in the way that is most advantageous to his religious views.
in a lot of ways we atheist are just like him then.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:25 PM

50,804 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Are you trying to say is that atheists in general do not value intellect?

This is not a trick question. I'm just asking honestly.
Do you not value intellect?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Do you not value intellect?
You know exactly what my point is. Quit trying to twist the truth with you stupid arguments.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
You know exactly what my point is. Quit trying to twist the truth with you stupid arguments.
"all atheist do this and do that." and thats not a twist ozzy?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
"all atheist do this and do that." and thats not a twist ozzy?
All I've said is that atheists claim to value intellect and reasoning.

Now suddenly you don't? Very convenient, don't you think?

Old 08-16-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
All I've said is that atheists claim to value intellect and reasoning.

Now suddenly you don't? Very convenient, don't you think?
no, thats not a defining trait ozzy. "value intellect and reasoning" is a fine example of how you are turning a rational notion held by believers and non believers into a weapon.

Its not convenient for you that I see it, thats true enough.

keep militant atheist separate from the rest. They are politically based group that is really only out to serve themselves and they cloak a selfish, rotten core, with noble causes. They are just like some believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality