Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 05:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
IMHO, most have missed this simple invitation given 2000 years ago: John 14:23 - Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Pretty cool, huh, they 'come to you'! No waiting to 'go to heaven'!!! Even says in other verses 'the kingdom of heaven has come/ in your midst', it's just something that 'cannot be observed'.

I think many miss because they wrongly believe that the part 'obey my teaching' consists solely in parroting scripture (like Pharisees did) rather than fully living ALL of His teaching in their lives (obeying) as HE tells us to.

nipped for space ...
could that mean "love the idea of love, compassion, and understanding"? I guess if Jesus was very focused on them, maybe we could say he represented "how to live them?

So if we live like Jesus then we live love. compassion, and understanding." witch any fool knows is a good thing.

and since Jesus was Jewish. would living like Jesus and following the Jewish religion really what he meant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 10:29 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by let455_ View Post
The prophecy was Mohammad claiming no one either at the present time when he said those words who was living at the time would be living in 100 years or that in 100 years nobody would be living and the last hour would've already came. We know from other hadiths Mohammad thought the last hour was very close since he used two fingers joint together to indicate so. We can get into that if you want but that's not the point of the thread.

Point was to show how Mohammad was probably wrong. Are we really to believe no one lived past 100 from the date Mohammad said those words around the world? And, even so again it's not my prophecy. Mohammad said, "do you realise the importance of this night"?. Obviously the night was important and different than any other nights or he was just saying anything. I don't know. You tell me.

The following verse of Quran trumps your misunderstanding of hadeeth.

“They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly."
7:187

Again, there is no prophecy in hadeeth about specifying the last’s arrival time, day and year.

In general terms (and it doesn’t happen anymore because it all has been addressed) but if a hadeeth comes in conflict of any Quranic verse then hadeeth is rejected.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
The following verseof Quran trumps your misunderstanding of hadeeth.
“They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly."
7:187

Again, there is no prophecy in hadeeth about specifying the last’s arrival time, day and year.

In general terms (and it doesn’t happen anymore because it all has been addressed) but if a hadeeth comes in conflict of any Quranic verse then hadeeth is rejected.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. You still didn't explain why Mohammad said, "do you realise the importance of this night"? What was the importance of that night? To the end of times prophecy the hadith is filled with Mohammad prophecying about the end times. Few examples. From Sahih Muslim book 54 titled The book of tribulations and portents of the last hour

'A'isha reported that when the desert Arabs came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) they asked about the Last Hour as to when that would come. And he looked towards the youngest amongst them and said: If he lives he would not grow very old that he would find your Last Hour coming to you (he would see you dying).

[url]https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/172[/url]

Anas reported that a person asked Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as to when the Last Hour would come. He had in his presence a young boy of the Ansar who was called Muhammad. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If this young boy lives, he may not grow very old till (he would see) the Last Hour coming to you.

[url]https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/173[/url]

Do I continue? Mohammad clearly thought and taught that the last hour was close at least judging from the Sahih hadiths.

Old 09-13-2020, 09:15 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrethere View Post
I'm not misunderstanding anything. You still didn't explain why Mohammad said, "do you realise the importance of this night"? What was the importance of that night? To the end of times prophecy the hadith is filled with Mohammad prophecying about the end times. Few examples. From Sahih Muslim book 54 titled The book of tribulations and portents of the last hour

'A'isha reported that when the desert Arabs came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) they asked about the Last Hour as to when that would come. And he looked towards the youngest amongst them and said: If he lives he would not grow very old that he would find your Last Hour coming to you (he would see you dying).

https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/172

Anas reported that a person asked Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as to when the Last Hour would come. He had in his presence a young boy of the Ansar who was called Muhammad. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If this young boy lives, he may not grow very old till (he would see) the Last Hour coming to you.

https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/173

Do I continue? Mohammad clearly thought and taught that the last hour was close at least judging from the Sahih hadiths.

“Do you realize the importance of this night”

I don’t know the answer and I care less about it as I wasn’t there. And that particular night has already passed 1400 years ago. Doesn’t make any difference to me.

The two hadeeth you posted, are trumped by the Qranic verse, I already posted.
There are millions of false hadeeth and hadeeth books have been changed and manipulated over time. It’s a very well known fact - and hence, if a hadeeth is in conflict with Quran then such hadeeth is deemed false and not genuine.

So far as the notion of last hour being close goes? Yes, but what’s the definition of “close” ?
The CLOSEST star is how far away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality