Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 06:06 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
actually its really important. The science shows that there is "something more". In fact, is so far in a way more valid that some atheist have violent (meaning strong ... we have some people that are so literal they break) to saying it.

The question is really about what that something more is?

deity
aliens
living universe
non living universe
living biosphere
non ling biosphere
anti-godfaith
nothing

add any others that I forgotthis happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him

just what is this something? deity (Jewish type) and anti-godfaith are least reliable choices.
I don't see aliens as necessarily part of the "something more." If they exist as part of God's creation, they are no more a part of the something more than we are. If they were the creators of our reality, that would obviously be a different story. The notion of our reality being a virtual one, a sort of cosmic software, is fascinating and not regarded as silly within mainstream physics - but it's also not really inconsistent with a theistic or even Christian understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 07:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
I don't see aliens as necessarily part of the "something more." If they exist as part of God's creation, they are no more a part of the something more than we are. If they were the creators of our reality, that would obviously be a different story. The notion of our reality being a virtual one, a sort of cosmic software, is fascinating and not regarded as silly within mainstream physics - but it's also not really inconsistent with a theistic or even Christian understanding.
Yeah, I've been mulling that one since my Philip K. Dick Sci-Fi days in the 60s and 70s. And that we may be some alien kid's long-forgotten high school science project run amok had crossed my mind a time or ten.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
The qoute you quoted from me is wrong. its probably some type of glitch or just typo ... I don't think you added it intentionally as it appears anyway.

towards the bottom where it says ...

"this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him" That was not in mine. I usually don't point it out but that was an important sentence that I didn't write.

***to your post here***

Yes, I would agree with that. But as to life starting on just earth, it could be aliens. But I agree with you. "alien life" is the same as our life.

But a really advance life form may be what you guys think it the deity. I think its its just we are part of a larger life form. But its not a god like in the bible to me.

if you look at "virtual reality", it is the same when I am mystic talk about us being just spacetime, through the mechanism shown in QED, that forms us. That in our region of space, "alive" seems to match what we see the best.

Yes, it is totally consist with physics and we are trying to get more Christians to see it is consistent with their over all beliefs. Minus the magic like dying and rising for our sins of course.

this forum if about politics against religion and to provide an outlet (therapy) so we don't get to narrow down what the reliable claims are. its a shame. but hey, keep on swimming.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, I've been mulling that one since my Philip K. Dick Sci-Fi days in the 60s and 70s. And that we may be some alien kid's long-forgotten high school science project run amok had crossed my mind a time or ten.
I used to believe that we should be shooting small lead cans filled with poop in every direction in space.

time is irrelevant.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:58 PM

250 posts, read 148,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The human race could have been an experiment created by beings not of this world.
Not much different than people believing that a being not of this world created us (God).

Can't prove either of them so both beliefs can exist.
I was going to reply something along these lines. One other thing: the "mystery" of it all is odd to say the least.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
LOL, you think our gov't has the ability to keep secrets this big under wraps?
Are you all aware that there are declassified Govt documents stating they have witnessed these 'UFOs' coming into our atmosphere in the poles? This was from the 1940s, it states they have video and still pictures of these events.

There is also a declassified CIA document from the 50s, talking about 'secret research facilities' in Africa, where they learned how these 'UFOs' operate.

I can provide these documents if anyone wishes to see them, or they can be found on the Black Vault website, among many other UFO related documents.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Here is my top 3 theories on what UFOs are...(#1 being most likely and #3 less likely)

1. Ultraterrestrial beings, that have always been here on earth, living underground and in the depths of the ocean.

2. Demonic entities masquerading as 'aliens from space'...a modern deception to draw people away from God.

3. Time travelers.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:07 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quite a few people have raised the idea or similar 'Solipsist universe' ideas. They are quite fun and entertaining to think about and in fact the alien computer works better than a solipsist universe, since it has provision for the unexpected, which the latter doesn't.

They don't worry me as whatever the ultimate reality is, our world and lives still work the same way. Sometimes theist apologists try the 'brain in a vat' arguments on us, as though it was supposed to shock us out of reliance on the findings of science (I call this the Christian koan , and I'm not sure it isn't intended to work the same way). In fact all it does is put up other alternatives to the 'god's plan' theory, aside from which of the many gods we are supposed to believe in (these Cosmic arguments are a sideshow; it is Christianity and the Bible that is really what atheism is bothered about).

Old 09-08-2020, 08:39 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Are you all aware that there are declassified Govt documents stating they have witnessed these 'UFOs' coming into our atmosphere in the poles? This was from the 1940s, it states they have video and still pictures of these events.

There is also a declassified CIA document from the 50s, talking about 'secret research facilities' in Africa, where they learned how these 'UFOs' operate.

I can provide these documents if anyone wishes to see them, or they can be found on the Black Vault website, among many other UFO related documents.
Witnessing UFO's and actually possessing alien tech or actual alien life are two completely different things. I'm saying that our gov't doesn't possess alien tech or life.

Old 09-08-2020, 08:43 AM

1,304 posts, read 855,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
'Non terrestrial officers' has nothing to do with outer space or UFOs.
OH! Well, what does it mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality