Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 04:46 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
None of that has anything to do with the stuff you derail threads with every chance you get.
It is NOT a derail to try to expose the fallacy of pretending atheist are denying the EXISTENCE of God when all they are refuting are various CONCEPTS of God. That you and the forum admins have a bias against belief in the existence of God is no excuse to pretend you are protecting the R&S forum from off-topic abuse. Pantheism and panentheism ARE religious beliefs. The inability to counter the scientific support for them or to maintain a pretense that the existence of God must not be accepted until proven are poor excuses for banning them.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:55 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
you miss the point of religion and spirituality, the role and function and purpose it has in a person's life and the elements that are present in it and specifically why it is NOT just "the Universe" which you so desperately want it to be.

it is not. you don't get that.
you can't see beyond your personal agenda of "remove God" "deity goes away." you have stated that repeatedly as your intention and desire. you continuously remove all words related to paths of religion and spirituality and replace them with science terms. it is like revisionist history, and for the same exact reason, trying to annihilate that which you have an aversion to, that which you find distasteful, that which you have such a personal intolerance for that you can not bear to allow it to exist in a conversation, even in the very forum that is dedicated specifically to discussion of it, and thus seek to erase and rename and bulldoze over. You are altogether missing within religion and spirituality the sacred and the holy.

there is nothing sacred about science. there is nothing holy about science. you don't get it. you don't try to get it. you don't want to get it. it's like watching a toddler with a hammer and one of those little wooden fake tool benches, pounding over and over trying to get the square peg into the round hole.
I would leave out the word "deperate". Because I am not sure who is more desperate.

me: All i say is that god claims that line up with science (basically how the universe works) are more valid than god claims that don't

you: It doesn't matter what the science says ... there is a deity.

so just who is more desperate?

you who needs the deity
or
me that doesn't really care if there is one or is not one?
or
are people that have to avoid science so we can't show how some god beliefs have science merit?

Old 09-06-2020, 04:57 PM

22,162 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is NOT a derail to try to expose the fallacy of pretending atheist are denying the EXISTENCE of God when all they are refuting are various CONCEPTS of God. That you and the forum admins have a bias against belief in the existence of God is no excuse to pretend you are protecting the R&S forum from off-topic abuse. Pantheism and panentheism ARE religious beliefs. The inability to counter the scientific support for them or to maintain a pretense that the existence of God must not be accepted until proven are poor excuses for banning them.
mensa is spot on. the forum rule is spot on.
the derails are constant and the semantic games are transparent, and it IS protecting the R&S forum from the constant derails and repeated over and over and over and over ad nauseum insistence on blathering about the scientific method instead of discussing religion and spirituality.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I would leave out the word "deperate". Because I am not sure who is more desperate.me: All i say is that god claims that line up with science (basically how the universe works) are more valid than god claims that don't you: It doesn't matter what the science says ... there is a deity. so just who is more desperate? you who needs the deity or me that doesn't really care if there is one or is not one? are people that have to avoid science so we can't show how some god beliefs have science merit?
it doesn't matter what science says.
this is the religion and spirituality forum.

not the politics forum, go over there to discuss politics.
not the science forum, go over there to discuss science.

say it out loud to yourself until you get it.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
it doesn't matter what science says.
this is the religion and spirituality forum.

not the politics forum, go over there to discuss politics.
not the science forum, go over there to discuss science.

say it out loud to yourself until you get it.
thats not what atheist say. They are against deity claims because of science.

so now what?

and I find it very spiritual that we may be part of a living system? you call it a living god, so we have an overlap tzaph.

say this to yourself:

"We don't need any evidence for things we believe."

say that ten times to yourself.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
mensa is spot on. the forum rule is spot on.
the derails are constant and the semantic games are transparent, and it IS protecting the R&S forum from the constant derails and repeated over and over and over and over ad nauseum insistence on blathering about the scientific method instead of discussing religion and spirituality.
Your support of the heiinous forum rule is rooted in your desire to protect your irrational beliefs from scrutiny under the pretense that religion and spirituality are immune from scientific testing of their beliefs.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Your support of the heiinous forum rule is rooted in your desire to protect your irrational beliefs from scrutiny under the pretense that religion and spirituality are immune from scientific testing of their beliefs.
they are.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
they are.
And that would be why we proceed from two very different perspectives, Tzaph. We should be able to respect one anothers' views without mandating a rule that favors one over the other.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
they are.
repeat that to yourself. I mean really tzaph, say it a few times.

"beliefs do not have to be evaluated in terms of reliability".

Old 09-06-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
And that would be why we proceed from two very different perspectives, Tzaph. We should be able to respect one anothers' views without mandating a rule that favors one over the other.
if politics is part of the conversation, then the conversation is not about religion and spirituality. (CD recognizes this.)
if science is part of the conversation, then the conversation is not about religion and spirituality. (CD recognizes this.)

my perspective is this is the religion and spirituality forum, so (gasp, what a concept) let's talk about religion and spirituality.

your perspective is along the lines of "the only tried and true method for obtaining truth is the scientific method" or something like that. that is not pertinent to any path of religion and spirituality. it does seem to be a tenet popular with atheists. conversations about that would be fitting for the science forum and atheist forum. have at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality