Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 12:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,518,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our Reality exists and by virtue of its most Godlike attributes it is God to us. Whatever other attributes we humans think it does or does not have can be debated but they do NOT affect its existence, period.
they don't care mystic. The are using anti-god as a weapon. They feed on people that were abused by religion offering them a saving grace and path to enlighten.

so they say.

A living biosphere is such a simple, elegant, claims that predicts everything we see around us. it offers a mechanism and makes repeatable predictions. and yet they have to fight it tooth and nail.

that fact they are so afraid of it shows exactly what we need to stop. We have to stop people like trans from running out society on a statement of belief about god.

separation of anti-god and state is critical. Its almost religious looking the way trans and gang present it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Acknowledging that pantheism and panentheism are legitimate religions and arguments that eliminate your demands for evidence of the existence of God since they encompass ALL existing evidence as evidence of God.
Your inability to establish any scientifically sound basis for the existence demand in the face of the pantheistic religions means your spinning in circles is apt to be unending. We are NOT claiming the existence of something not yet existing. We are characterizing what DOES exist. All your disbelief centers on what its attributes are or are not.
yeah, I love the "shows its true and false" so that makes it wrong ... its too funny. thats the point, it is something and thats true. its is not a deity, that is false.

something more is by far more reliable than nothing more. so far and away more valid that it has to be outlawed and locked in a closet so theist can't modify a belief to something more reasonable.

can you imagine being so afraid that you can't even say "yes, we are surrounded by a system that is partly a live."

what are they so afraid of?

Old 09-28-2020, 05:36 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,576,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have not encountered many atheists-turned-god-believing...

What about the logic and reason that you once "rooted" for do you find any less worthy now?

What is it you believe to be more logical or better reasoned to believe now, and why, more specifically?
I would say (to be fair) that he probably still holds to those ideas, but believes that Some Sort of 'god' is plausible.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:48 AM

16,629 posts, read 4,912,984 times
Quote:
Our Reality exists and by virtue of its most Godlike attributes it is God to us. Whatever other attributes we humans think it does or does not have can be debated but they do NOT affect its existence, period.
And it's non-Godlike attributes?

Old 09-29-2020, 04:03 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,627,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have not encountered many atheists-turned-god-believing...

What about the logic and reason that you once "rooted" for do you find any less worthy now?

What is it you believe to be more logical or better reasoned to believe now, and why, more specifically?
I am now of the knowledge and understanding that "God" is not limited to just the Deities in religious texts and the characters of ancient mythology.
My Atheism had its basis in that erroneous understanding...and when my knowledge and understanding evolved, I came to realize that was not a logical or reasonable idea.

ALL is God.
We KNOW:
~~ALL and that which comprises it, has rearranged itself so as to produce everything that has ever existed...from the smallest particle to the biggest Galaxy.---SOURCE/CREATOR
~~ALL and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time.---ALL KNOWING
~~ALL and that which comprises it, occupies all places.---ALL PRESENT
~~ALL and that which comprises it, accounts for all the energy and force that exists in, acts upon, and controls everything.---ALL POWERFUL
~~ALL and that which comprises it, accounts for all of the conscious thought & planning, and possesses all the intellect that has ever existed. ---ALL CONSCIOUS & INTELLIGENT
I could go on...but these are the attributes known to be definitive, demonstrative, and indicative of a God Entity.
Religions use metaphorical and allegorical characters and stories to describe all of this.
ALL is as "Godly" as it gets...from ANY reasonable assessment.
Pantheism. PAN-THEOS: ALL GOD
As far as the "why". It comports with observations...and is thus empirically validated.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:06 AM

thats exactly right gld.

when we use science data to form a belief ... that belief and the science data start to describe the same thing. It basically starts to define what "god actually is". When science is used god and the unversed merge.

" a living universe", although I don't quite think it is alive now, is totally consistent with some god beliefs.

they can't just admit it has merit, even if we don't quite agree. I think its because it relates to directly what some people say here.

we are here to stop religion in the states
we are here to lessen Christian influence
we feel religion has completely over reached its bounds
religion is dangerous and hurt me or people I know.

some people use the fact when they should use word "belief" and I don't like it when they don't. (to me, this is like the most immature one I ever heard)

all of which are very true. But those are different conversation than talkking about what science data shows and what it doesn't show. Science, unfortunately, and it is a little cold in this respect, doesn't care that people abuse people. It only seeks to describe how it works.

Pantheist/deism/cosmic muffin (srry I had to ) aligns with science and the standard model.

it may not be relevant ... but then why do we have to outlaw it?

Old 09-29-2020, 07:18 AM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And it's non-Godlike attributes?
Their function is much like the non-alive components in the living cell extrapolated to the entire Reality..

Old 09-29-2020, 07:31 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,576,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I am now of the knowledge and understanding that "God" is not limited to just the Deities in religious texts and the characters of ancient mythology.
My Atheism had its basis in that erroneous understanding...and when my knowledge and understanding evolved, I came to realize that was not a logical or reasonable idea.

ALL is God.
We KNOW:
~~ALL and that which comprises it, has rearranged itself so as to produce everything that has ever existed...from the smallest particle to the biggest Galaxy.---SOURCE/CREATOR
~~ALL and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time.---ALL KNOWING
~~ALL and that which comprises it, occupies all places.---ALL PRESENT
~~ALL and that which comprises it, accounts for all the energy and force that exists in, acts upon, and controls everything.---ALL POWERFUL
~~ALL and that which comprises it, accounts for all of the conscious thought & planning, and possesses all the intellect that has ever existed. ---ALL CONSCIOUS & INTELLIGENT
I could go on...but these are the attributes known to be definitive, demonstrative, and indicative of a God Entity.
Religions use metaphorical and allegorical characters and stories to describe all of this.
ALL is as "Godly" as it gets...from ANY reasonable assessment.
Pantheism. PAN-THEOS: ALL GOD
As far as the "why". It comports with observations...and is thus empirically validated.
All yours Harry. I've given you a bit of orientation. But I forgot to warn you: you must wear ear -plugs when looking at Goldie's posts.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:09 AM

16,629 posts, read 4,912,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
All yours Harry. I've given you a bit of orientation. But I forgot to warn you: you must wear ear -plugs when looking at Goldie's posts.
Just stupid and false assertions.

I will just deal with one - ALL and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time.---ALL KNOWING

ALL and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time means nowing what we know up to this present time.

ALL KNOWING would mean also knowing the future.

Therefore:
ALL and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time
does NOT equal
ALL KNOWING.

Goldie just posts very bad arguments because he gets a kick when people respond to something that does not require a response.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Their function is much like the non-alive components in the living cell extrapolated to the entire Reality..
notice how those guys have to run away and hide from me. I don't use the word god so they can't argue the science. so they ran away and hid.

their refutes are that of children refuting eating vegetables for dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality