Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 04:26 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Beyond unlikely and quite shocking! I was literally the most unlikely human being ever to encounter God. That it was so unmistakable and transforming is what made it so compelling and undeniable. What my intellect has discovered and decided represents my best effort at comprehending God by finding scientific support for what I encountered, and adopting the Christ Avatar narrative based on the descriptions of God's Holy Spirit exactly matching what I encountered. All of that and the fact that I am never alone since the encounter convinces me completely. Is it possible I still have it wrong? Yes, but I personally have no doubts.

One aspect does provide a troubling concern - the existence within the quantum realm of both Dark energy and Dark matter. That is the realm I consider to be the locus of consciousness. Consciousness can be comprised of positive (Good) and negative (Evil) aspects. There is a possibility that the evil consciousness might comprise the dark matter that provides the glue for galaxies. Galaxies are literally "lakes of fire (Suns)." Being part of the dark matter forming galaxies as the locus for consciousness that is NOT at least harmonically resonant with God or Jesus presents a very unappealing prospect for any "refining" process.
Its almost like you want to apologize to people. But at the same time you are like "Yeah, they are mild mannered and courteous, soft spoken and well written, very generous and very polite ...and dead wrong."

I think its (negative thoughts) "mandatory" to create the potential difference that drives what we see. Like without a negative charge there are no "atoms". There is no atoms interacting to form what we see. The same goes for "amazing grace". No "opposite" and there is nothing to attract, nothing to repel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 06:57 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hit a nerve, I see.

Good. Maybe you're not as lost as the other pseudos.
Spouts the self-styled sage from under the bodhi tree.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's a couple of self-righteous, pompous, pseudo-sages around too.
And wise guys.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you posted ... "walking a path of religion and spirituality is not a function of intelligence or intellect.
wrong tool for the job."

It is truly amazing to me that I use people's post and then they "I didn't say that". I just had another poster do the exact same thing. What is that anyway? I used your post. I only use people's post.

I guess thats the nature of a forum setting.
It might be your lack of comprehension skills in reading in context. Spirituality is not merely a cerebral act, although it is part of it. It is more than IQ, it is about engaging all your faculties and perceptions. IN FACT IT is about keeping your brain at pause and using other means of understanding.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It might be your lack of comprehension skills in reading in context. Spirituality is not merely a cerebral act, although it is part of it. It is more than IQ, it is about engaging all your faculties and perceptions. IN FACT IT is about keeping your brain at pause and using other means of understanding.
We are talking about to different things.

An intellectual and intelligent approach to life around us and with in us is fundamental for people (thats plural) to reach our full potential. Removing "intellect" and "intellectual evaluations" from spirituality leaves us like a ship on a stormy ocean with no anchor. No power. No way to sort through the noise.

In fact, A red flag is when people want to limit, remove, shun, ban, and avoid intellectual and science data to maintain a world view. I would suggest to the regular person, as soon as they hear that, start asking some serous questions.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
We are talking about to different things.

An intellectual and intelligent approach to life around us and with in us is fundamental for people (thats plural) to reach our full potential. Removing "intellect" and "intellectual evaluations" from spirituality leaves us like a ship on a stormy ocean with no anchor. No power. No way to sort through the noise.

In fact, A red flag is when people want to limit, remove, shun, ban, and avoid intellectual and science data to maintain a world view. I would suggest to the regular person, as soon as they hear that, start asking some serous questions.
What would you consider an intelligent approach to life? Do you believe there is only one, yours?
An intellectual approach and intelligent approach are not the same. Do you think they are?
Why should everyone reach their full potential? How would they know they have reached it? By how many garages their house has? What?
Nobody said you should abandon the intellect or intellectual eavalations out of sprituality.
Read more carefully.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Fair enough.

I will give it some thought how to word it.
I might post something tomorrow.
Great. Tzaps’s ideas of how a productive discussion can be had are very good, a great attitude to begin with.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Great. Tzaps’s ideas of how a productive discussion can be had are very good, a great attitude to begin with.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:46 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
This Eastern focus on the right-brain method of experiencing Reality is just as myopic and unproductive as the Western left-brain intellectual focus. The only way to get the complete picture is to employ both channels.

Old 01-27-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This Eastern focus on the right-brain method of experiencing Reality is just as myopic and unproductive as the Western left-brain intellectual focus. The only way to get the complete picture is to employ both channels.
Its that simple ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality