Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2021, 05:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Too bad you have allowed the lying atheists here to poison your mind against Arach and me through DM. They are relentless, tenacious, and completely deceitful dissemblers. They have a genuine campaign to denigrate and discredit anyone who remotely supports me or my views. It is despicable. They have no honor or decency in their campaign against theism. You are a fool to let them influence you. Arach is dyslexic, hard to follow, and vulnerable to their lies and misinterpretations. Sorry to hear you fell for it.
At least I have my looks ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 05:41 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,326 times
Quote:
Too bad you have allowed the lying atheists here to poison your mind against Arach and me through DM. They are relentless, tenacious, and completely deceitful dissemblers. They have a genuine campaign to denigrate and discredit anyone who remotely supports me or my views. It is despicable. They have no honor or decency in their campaign against theism. You are a fool to let them influence you. Arach is dyslexic, hard to follow, and vulnerable to their lies and misinterpretations. Sorry to hear you fell for it.

I suppose you are referring to me saying "posters sending me messages" to mean DM. To set the record straight no poster here has sent me a DM about AA . My bad for wording it that way. What was said about him was said in threads,both by me and by others, but were direct responses to me about what I posted concerning why I ignore him. Given yours and his past history, I am going to presume that your next step will be to accuse me of changing my story and lying about this. The mods can see my account, and can let the forum know with my full permission whether or not I have received DMs about AA. I am willing to let them do so. I hereby give any mod permission to look at my account and my DMs and let the forum know whether there are any DMs about AA, and publicly expose me as a liar if there have been any.

As for you, your issues are obvious and need no one to inform me of them. I came here en route to the book forum because of your name, me being a nature mystic , and so I paid close attention to you. It was disappointing from the start. You insult at the slightest disagreement like a petulant child, you have more unjustified arrogance than any poster I have ever encountered in the 20 years I have been participating in these type forums, including the couple of science forums with a plethora of actual real PhDs in the hard sciences I participate in (extreme overcompensation IMO), you are condescending even when the arguments you make are bogus , and you will never admit the slightest bit of a mistake. I had to list my statements in a post in which you accused me of saying the exact opposite of what I said, which were very clear, by a number per sentence and threaten to call you out publicly as a liar if you couldn't point out the numbered ones that said what you claimed, and only then did you finally back off and admit you misread them, but only after being threatened with being called out as a liar. And on top of this with ALL of this childishness and whining petulance from you, you truly believe yourself to having achieved some sort of insight, which everyone except your lapdogs can see is laughable. Enlightened people do not behave as you do. They are emotionally mature and stable people, largely very humble, and do not seek to insult others just to be insulting. In other words, the exact opposite of you.

I no more needed someone to DM me about you and your ways than I would have needed them to explain what a mod was and their roles in a chat forum. You're so obvious my only question is why posters still bother with you after a dozen years.

Last edited by NatesDude; 03-01-2021 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-01-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I suppose you are referring to me saying "posters sending me messages" to mean DM. To set the record straight no poster here has sent me a DM about AA . My bad for wording it that way. What was said about him was said in threads,both by me and by others, but were direct responses to me about what I posted concerning why I ignore him. Given yours and his past history, I am going to presume that your next step will be to accuse me of changing my story and lying about this. The mods can see my account, and can let the forum know with my full permission whether or not I have received DMs about AA. I am willing to let them do so. I hereby give any mod permission to look at my account and my DMs and let the forum know whether there are any DMs about AA, and publicly expose me as a liar if there have been any.

nipped for space ...

its a lot easier not having to answer to your accusations by ignoring. Yes, I say birds of a feather flock together.

You first post clearly states you were getting DM's. Now you can blame us for changing what you said again.

And stay hidden behind "ignore" function. Theist call it shunning. I call it, well, maybe get badland' cold and get the man-up side affect. Or keep hiding ... your choice.

If youre a theist, so am I Nate. and you know it.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
The fact that they hide behind ignore says a lot. It would be one thing if we were just dead wrong ro grossly changing what they said. But that is not happening.

I just had an example with mensa. they are way to literal.

1)Sortagod cannot be allowed to pass through inattention or being worn down with constant nagging, because it hands theism the logical default for free. Without their having to produce anything but fallacious arguments.

2)If you are not talking a god here (it's alive but not with a planning, intelligent, will) you are off topic. Remember the only reason for atheists to be here is in refuting the claim of a theism or religion or at least a spirituality. We are not here to put forward speculative non -theist alternatives. Take them to the science forum and argue them there. I'm not going to keep on explaining this.

I say those two, plus removing certain belief with evidence means they are really about figting religion at all cost.

What do people like phet, badland, and mensa ask for? "where did I use the words "Fight religion at all cost.". I used quotes like when people use quotes for a "meaning". I said I wont do it anymore. badland jumps in said I wont answer. When I did answer.

When I say Look at your post, that's the meaning. They say I didn't answer them and they are putting me on ignore.

Their ignore is running away because they know the more we talk about what they are posting the less reliable about god claims they become. Nate is just smart enough to know right away ... no way is this guy will veer off of science, commonsense, and reason to help support attack religion. I better ignore him now."

or maybe he just bought right into the dm's like he said he received by other posters.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 03-01-2021 at 07:04 PM..

Old 03-03-2021, 06:50 AM

Pantheism's the universe is responsible for our exist and it may be alive seems to be a solid base to form a belief. "lack belief" and deity are just clearly less reliable. When basing a belief off of knowns that is. When basing a belief off of unknows, deity and lack belief make perfect sense.

To the Santa analogy. It actually isn't a bad analogy if we can put down "its insulting" for a second.

We do not know what put the toys there. What do we believe?

1-Deity = coke's santa
2-pantheism= something living put it there
3-"lack belief"= what exactly is that about?
4-"anti-god=people that say santa are such jerks some times that we need to argue "something alive" put them there so theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell."

The two that confuse me the most are ...

5- if they said "I believe" instead of saying with confidence I wouldn't say a word.
6-How does "No belief is a fact" fit.

add any other are consideration on evaluating what claims are "evidence based"

Last edited by Arach Angle; 03-03-2021 at 07:17 AM..

Old 03-03-2021, 11:13 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Pantheism's the universe is responsible for our exist and it may be alive seems to be a solid base to form a belief. "lack belief" and deity are just clearly less reliable. When basing a belief off of knowns that is. When basing a belief off of unknows, deity and lack belief make perfect sense.

To the Santa analogy. It actually isn't a bad analogy if we can put down "its insulting" for a second.

We do not know what put the toys there. What do we believe?

1-Deity = coke's santa
2-pantheism= something living put it there
3-"lack belief"= what exactly is that about?
4-"anti-god=people that say santa are such jerks some times that we need to argue "something alive" put them there so theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell."

The two that confuse me the most are ...

5- if they said "I believe" instead of saying with confidence I wouldn't say a word.
6-How does "No belief is a fact" fit.

add any other are consideration on evaluating what claims are "evidence based"
I put this up many times...check it out:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/46416294-post260.html

Old 03-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
that's why it had to be silenced. Letting a proper use of the analogy to demonstrate what is actually happening is met with ...

1) Doesn't get us anywhere.
2) It gives them ammo.
3) It enables them.
4) You changed what we said.

Notice, not one thought given to if the belief itself (whatever it is) is consistent with observation. This "lack of belief" for social change is totally blind faith.

Note: to the literalist out there. No, I wont be able to point to the exact words of social change. I infer by how you guys behave.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:52 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Quote:
We are an effect, looking for the cause. God, by definition, is that cause. Just as we cannot say that there is no cause for the toys under the tree Christmas morning, you cannot say that there is no cause for all of existence. That is why R.C. Spoul has said that the best argument for the existence of God is this: “If something exists, God exists…Something does exist, so God does exist.”
That's one of the reasons I don't like the Santa analogy. Once you stop believing in Santa you know who puts the presents there so it's not the same as a belief in a creator.

We are looking for the cause, we don't have the cause, the cause does not have to have agency.

Are you aware you lifted the definition that you chose out of Meriam Webster from the Hindus?

Old 03-03-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's one of the reasons I don't like the Santa analogy. Once you stop believing in Santa you know who puts the presents there so it's not the same as a belief in a creator.

We are looking for the cause, we don't have the cause, the cause does not have to have agency.

Are you aware you lifted the definition that you chose out of Meriam Webster from the Hindus?
All analogies fail when we change them a bit. And often not even by a lot a bit.

Yes, the Santa analogy fails when we say we know what put the toys there. But it works pretty darn good when we say we do not know and we are talking about beliefs in a Santa spirituality forum.

I also agree with you. To me, a creator has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Only because we, well me, have nothing to even gauge that by.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:13 PM

63,806 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

That bogus argument is widely used. The fact that there is no chaos and there is an intelligible control to it belies the lack of agency. How it is controlling everything is discoverable but WHY it is doing so is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality