Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 02:22 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
This is an example of what I mean when I say, ***The reason for the "cranking" is just "going with the flow" of all the insults, mocking, and general bashing of those that embrace a Theist viewpoint. Since that's how they like it...I'm cool with it...I actually like it too.***

Mystic's idea's are not unreasonable...they are logic based...and in no way, "irrational".
That's just a biased bash of his concepts...and nothing but a bash.
I understand that y'all are reduced to just that...but please try to offer something more than nothing.
Mystic is always representing a bible he doesnt believe in.

Unreasonable ideas, ideas that make no biblical sense because he doesnt believe in the religion of the bible but he wants use the bible for some unrealistic reasons.

Nothing he says lines up with the bible.

I can quote the covenant and he pretends that it doesnt say what it say.

He claims to have truth and power from a feast he rejects, and he claims redemption from a lamb he refuses, he has no law, and he is a pagan.

That is reality, he likes to imagine something that just usnt true, and when he speaks of the bible, he should first point out that he not only doesn't believe the bible, but that he thinks anyone who follows it is a bigot.

He doesnt speak for the bible, but everything he says goes back to his illogical belief of cherry picking what he wants from the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 02:35 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Unreasonable ideas, ideas that make no biblical sense because he doesnt believe in the religion of the bible but he wants use the bible for some unrealistic reasons.
He claims to have truth and power from a feast he rejects, and he claims redemption from a lamb he refuses, he has no law, and he is a pagan.
That is reality, he likes to imagine something that just usnt true, and when he speaks of the bible, he should first point out that he not only doesn't believe the bible, but that he thinks anyone who follows it is a bigot.
He doesn't speak for the bible, but everything he says goes back to his illogical belief of cherry-picking what he wants from the bible.
These are ALL lies, Hanni. Why do you do that? I believe the Bible, just not ALL of it. I do not cherry-pick what I want to believe, but only what is consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love that Jesus described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated. That is what makes me a Christian and a follower of Jesus.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-08-2021 at 02:47 PM..

Old 03-08-2021, 03:52 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,612,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Are you this boring and childish in real life?
If you saw my actual you'd probably be shocked...maybe say it's disgusting...possibly think it's intriguing.
But you sure wouldn't say it's "boring".

Old 03-08-2021, 03:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But you were like that before. And just like Arach, you glommed onto Mystic's 'everything is God' argument as it enabled you both to bash atheists without having to prove anything.

But al three of you know that it has to be intelligent, or everything is not God, it's matter/physics. Arach avoids that and argues it's all 'alive'. You ignore it and cite the antiquity of Pantheism as a validation. Mystic simply ignores the matter. Oh - and sneers at the 'atheist default' because he turns logic upside down. Like all Theists, he thinks God is real until disproven.

No, I doubt that you really believe in a god in any meaningful sense, just as a thing to smack atheism with. But like Arach, you may have forgotten that and think you are battling for a theory.
no, trans. We start with the data and commonsense.

You are starting at you have to do everything possible to fight theist. It just is less honest, open, and basically faith based. You are to stop religion at all cost and we are out to just look at relevant beliefs and how they line up to observation. Hey, we must be doing a pretty good job to. You had to change the game a few times already to maintain an air of reliability.

Need I prove it ... again.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I suspect Gldn is a very interesting person IRL. As an atheist in this forum, I can see how that might be hard for you to see through the adversarial discourse.
Not if he was on their side. They would love him.

Me and you judge beliefs based on science and engineering. They base reliability on how nice the person is, if they heel when they are told, and if they attack religion. Nothing else matters to them.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:01 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,223,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

Me and you judge beliefs based on science and engineering. They base reliability on how nice the person is, if they heel when they are told, and if they attack religion. Nothing else matters to them.
Are you implying Goldn isn't loved? He's 98 % magnificent bastard and 2 parts Rodney Dangerfield.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
Quote:
no, trans. We start with the data and commonsense.

You are starting at you have to do everything possible to fight theist. It just is less honest, open, and basically faith based. You are to stop religion at all cost and we are out to just look at relevant beliefs and how they line up to observation. Hey, we must be doing a pretty good job to. You had to change the game a few times already to maintain an air of reliability.

Need I prove it ... again.
No Arach, you started with the antipathy towards atheism (starting with the usual 'we are so Wude' accusation and gradually developed a theory (Mystic's without a communicating intelligence). Goldie did the same.

You are denying everything, including to yourself, and accusing We (atheists) of doing what you must know you do, deep down or you wouldn't know what to pot -kettle.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:31 AM

Quote:

Another wrong from you. His methods would be an embarrassment to atheism because they were so bad, Just as it is profoundly irritating that you claim to be an atheist, when you are so obviously trying to debunk atheism with a god -theory but for the God -label, whereas Mystic peddles a materialist/naturalist theory just with the additional 'God' -label. Goldie does the same but equivocates 'pantheism' to prove a god with a theism that may or may not have one.

I could go into the intricate fiddles of the difference between Pan -en -theism and Mystic's dishonesty in evading the proof of an intelligent universe that his theory requires, while Pantheism is rather like Buddhism - it may have gods around, but doesn't need them. Nor, thereby, have to prove them. .

I suspect that you have tried to get your 'Hills are alive' theory to look like a Cosmic Intelligence too. But you might stop short of calling that 'God' as you ned to continue to pretend to be an atheist so you can pass yourself of as an honest self -critic of atheism, when in fact you detest us for political reasons.

In fact the depths of dishonesty, self -delusion and toxit antipathy go down layer after layer. You fascinate me in the way understanding the mental processes of a trumpette is horriffyngly fascinating.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

He doesnt speak for the bible, but everything he says goes back to his illogical belief of cherry picking what he wants from the bible.
Mystic fiddles the Bible to suit his own Theories as much as he fiddles science, and of course logic to fit his own Beleifs. I had a refresher on PanEntheism just now, though I couldn't live on the difference between that and Pantheism, because there is so much differing thought and meaning within both, but Mystic seems to fiddle at least Some lines of thought in PanEntheism regarding 'emergence' and dualism (or substance dualism) where Mystic seems to have his own views on that.,

"Whitehead understood this mental pole as always present, but Philip Clayton understands mentality as emergent" (Stanford)

But then when the Cosmic mind at times seems indistinguishable from natural physical laws on the universe, 'Consciousness' can mean whatever you like. Having said which Mystic's Cosmic Mind IS intelligent as it guides humanity (in his theory) through a spiritual evolution. It plans, it has an intent. It is not just natural physical processes, whether you call that 'God' or not.

Not that these people care, so long as any of it can be used to bash atheism with.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Another wrong from you. His methods would be an embarrassment to atheism because they were so bad, Just as it is profoundly irritating that you claim to be an atheist, when you are so obviously trying to debunk atheism with a god -theory but for the God -label, whereas Mystic peddles a materialist/naturalist theory just with the additional 'God' -label. Goldie does the same but equivocates 'pantheism' to prove a god with a theism that may or may not have one.

I could go into the intricate fiddles of the difference between Pan -en -theism and Mystic's dishonesty in evading the proof of an intelligent universe that his theory requires, while Pantheism is rather like Buddhism - it may have gods around, but doesn't need them. Nor, thereby, have to prove them. .

I suspect that you have tried to get your 'Hills are alive' theory to look like a Cosmic Intelligence too. But you might stop short of calling that 'God' as you ned to continue to pretend to be an atheist so you can pass yourself of as an honest self -critic of atheism, when in fact you detest us for political reasons.

In fact the depths of dishonesty, self -delusion and toxit antipathy go down layer after layer. You fascinate me in the way understanding the mental processes of a trumpette is horriffyngly fascinating.
Trans, the bottom line is that I do not have to play games. I lay out the data and see what it tells us. I, in no way, have to answer to theist. You do. "God" has absolutely no bearing on how I interpret the data. You are only concerned with stopping religion. In a religion/spirituality forum none the less.

I am not debunking atheism ... Thats a foolish thing to say.

Yeah, remember what you have to do to keep your beliefs real trans. "that doesn't get us anywhere." me? I list'em all out in the open, see where they line up, and look at why you weight an observation like you do. You look to see how theist can use it to make your sect of atheism harder to sell.

so who is the real study trans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality