Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 06:50 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,217,146 times

Advertisements

If there are aliens I wonder if they would believe original sin applied to them because humanity introduced sin into the entire cosmos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 07:13 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If there are aliens I wonder if they would believe original sin applied to them because humanity introduced sin into the entire cosmos.
My betting would be they ain't that dumb.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:26 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,780,970 times
The Catholic Church doesn't rule out the possibility of the existence of life on other planets. I don't think it would affect religion. The Bible and Christ (God the Son) indicate God's special love for the humans race, but if you believe that God is omnipotent and given how vast the Universe is, which God created (for those of us who believe in God), then the possibility of life on other planets is not unfathomable.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,437,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
But if intelligent life a million times more intelligent than us told us about our existence then it would not be God alone that would be capable of this. At that point we run into issues.
But look at what God did with those trying to build the Tower of Babel...He confused their languages, so work could not continue!

Dont you think, if some advanced civilization reached the point where they were capable of creating life on planet, God would likely intervene somehow and put a hurdle in place?

Old 09-11-2020, 04:37 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,478,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
But if intelligent life a million times more intelligent than us told us about our existence then it would not be God alone that would be capable of this. At that point we run into issues.
heck, we run into issues with just telling each other.

Old 09-11-2020, 07:44 AM

41,841 posts, read 17,370,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
But look at what God did with those trying to build the Tower of Babel...He confused their languages, so work could not continue!

Dont you think, if some advanced civilization reached the point where they were capable of creating life on planet, God would likely intervene somehow and put a hurdle in place?
And he did. When the "sons of God" got together with the "daughters of man" and created the Nephilim he sent a great flood so he did intervene.

One can take the "sons of God" literally and think of the Fallen Angels.
One can also take the "sons of God" figuratively and think of beings from the sky (aliens).

Old 09-11-2020, 08:51 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,379,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It would not apply to them because they are not blood relatives of Jesus, and so Christ’s shed blood cannot pay for their sin. At least that is the way I understand it. I could be wrong.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
The Catholic Church doesn't rule out the possibility of the existence of life on other planets. I don't think it would affect religion. The Bible and Christ (God the Son) indicate God's special love for the humans race, but if you believe that God is omnipotent and given how vast the Universe is, which God created (for those of us who believe in God), then the possibility of life on other planets is not unfathomable.
But if there were millions of intelligent life on other planets then we wouldn't be so unique, Earth wouldn't be so unique as described in the Bible.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Well I don't believe God intervenes in human affairs. If he did then millions of his followers would have never died in natural disasters.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
diesel, most atheist advocating for atheism won't question you because you make a nice weapon.

who said we would never jump from as high as we can? anybody that said that was a boob. we said it would be so much money it would be a waste of money to do it. Help those in need with it.

and

"evidence of alien tech". Show me one piece of technology in use that isn't directly based off of a series of discoveries? I don't know of one that after I read about about didn't say "cool, they actually made one."
Let me rephrase, we have observed alien tech. See the USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality