Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 05:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

line every animal up and look at the transitions. Its right in front of our faces.

I mean lung fish and cichlid, on the macroevolution level, seal the deal. To me, atp production where it is turned off based on concentration and then the shut off is over ridden to get more atp shows it too. On the microevolution scale. The over ride shows retro engineering to me. Meaning it built from a step before it. And the human birth process is definitely retro engineered.

so their gods created man and did so through the processes we see in evolution. But it shows that it did not create them independently of the steps before each specifies.

If anything, it shows that their god used the steps before them. Much like we "made" cell phones. so when we make AI, will it be able to claim "ID"? Well, to any reasonable person the answer is yes.

Could they call us gods? depends on their definition of god I guess.

Anybody that would need the AI to praise us and or build shrines to us needs help in my opinion. AI that would need to deny our existence (due to practical reason of weakening AI's position in the world) needs as much help.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 10-09-2020 at 06:10 AM..

Old 10-09-2020, 07:12 AM

How the universe works season 3 episode 4

If we don't understand its implications that fine. But if you are siding with "nothing more" just because they are striking back at religion for you. Well, at least be honest about it. And we have a term for that where I grew up.

I have only seen one poster tell me I come here to vent off some frustration and steam at religion-ist. Its not necessarily what I believe in.

Thats a mature person.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:45 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
There is just way too much design and signs of intelligence if we look and appreciate the the nature in our surroundings.
My brain tells me that it's almost impossible for this spectacular show to happen all by itself.

So it makes an easy decision for me to join the camp of believers. However, it's just the start.

What that "THING" is, is our quest to try to understand it, and see how it's related to us?
I'm just back from my first chance to see the Grand Canyon and all the amazing geological "designs" that can be seen there and surrounding areas like Sedona and Scottsdale. There is so much incredible beauty that we now know has been billions of years in the making. We've come to better understand how the Grand Canyon was formed as well, compared to even relatively early scientific explanations, but intelligence?

Especially as I consider what we now know about such things, I see the opposite of intelligence. I also try very hard to avoid the mistake that man has made ever since he began to marvel and ponder such things. To fill the void of ignorance with notions that can in no way be intelligently rationalized or proven to be true.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
There is just way too much design and signs of intelligence if we look and appreciate the the nature in our surroundings.
My brain tells me that it's almost impossible for this spectacular show to happen all by itself.

So it makes an easy decision for me to join the camp of believers. However, it's just the start.

What that "THING" is, is our quest to try to understand it, and see how it's related to us?
true, the science says "something more" is clearly going on. But made like we make a cake? I don't think so.

maybe it was made like we made a baby. That matches what we see better.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:19 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm just back from my first chance to see the Grand Canyon and all the amazing geological "designs" that can be seen there and surrounding areas like Sedona and Scottsdale. There is so much incredible beauty that we now know has been billions of years in the making. We've come to better understand how the Grand Canyon was formed as well, compared to even relatively early scientific explanations, but intelligence?

Especially as I consider what we now know about such things, I see the opposite of intelligence. I also try very hard to avoid the mistake that man has made ever since he began to marvel and ponder such things. To fill the void of ignorance with notions that can in no way be intelligently rationalized or proven to be true.
You arrogantly use consciousness to comprehend the majesty of our Reality while denying the existence of consciousness which pretty much explains your lack of knowledge about the substrate of our Reality - the unified field that manifests everything.

Old 10-10-2020, 11:13 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You arrogantly use consciousness to comprehend the majesty of our Reality while denying the existence of consciousness which pretty much explains your lack of knowledge about the substrate of our Reality - the unified field that manifests everything.
Oh brother...

Give it a rest already.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:14 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
No sign of Pneuma. Perhaps searching for more arguments to make. Perhaps a deep dive and will surface in a month claiming that he wasn't out -argued. So I had a look at that Behe chat - video in post 468# arguing for ID with the Collins one for Theistic evolution.

Pretty much as I said (or We said) - Theistic evolution is non -disprovable and you can have it at the start of life, the 'Cambrian explosion', or all the way through. But there is no good reason to see it as anything but a Faith - claim. Though I/C - if it was valid (which it isn't) Could be an argument for theistic evolution because -yes, evolution happened, but could only work with God helping the process.

Thus Behe's I/C is really better suited to Theistic evolution than to an argument that evolution couldn't happen. Thus, why Behe is arguing that it doesn't address the problems with Evolution -theory (which Dover showed were down to Behe's own failure to read the books) is incomprehensible to me. It makes no sense unless Behe is a YE creationist (that is, a Genesis -literalist) denying that evolution even happens.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No sign of Pneuma. Perhaps searching for more arguments to make. Perhaps a deep dive and will surface in a month claiming that he wasn't out -argued. So I had a look at that Behe chat - video in post 468# arguing for ID with the Collins one for Theistic evolution.

Pretty much as I said (or We said) - Theistic evolution is non -disprovable and you can have it at the start of life, the 'Cambrian explosion', or all the way through. But there is no good reason to see it as anything but a Faith - claim. Though I/C - if it was valid (which it isn't) Could be an argument for theistic evolution because -yes, evolution happened, but could only work with God helping the process.

Thus Behe's I/C is really better suited to Theistic evolution than to an argument that evolution couldn't happen. Thus, why Behe is arguing that it doesn't address the problems with Evolution -theory (which Dover showed were down to Behe's own failure to read the books) is incomprehensible to me. It makes no sense unless Behe is a YE creationist (that is, a Genesis -literalist) denying that evolution even happens.
he posted he is getting back to work.

besides, pick on somebody your own size, oh wait .. my bad, forget that. That would mean we actually apply the same rigor to our claims ... and like most people tha run their lives on a statement of belief about god ... us lose.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:12 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh brother...
Give it a rest already.
Not until you give it a rest demanding that our Reality is Not God until we prove that it is. Your No God is a preferred belief about our Reality by presumption as is my preferred belief that our Reality is God. Your adamant refusal even to acknowledge this ultimate fact about the symmetry of our ignorance is the single most annoying thing about atheists. There is not and cannot be any default between the two premises. They are preferred beliefs about our Reality, period.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:47 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not until you give it a rest demanding that our Reality is Not God until we prove that it is. Your No God is a preferred belief about our Reality by presumption as is my preferred belief that our Reality is God. Your adamant refusal even to acknowledge this ultimate fact about the symmetry of our ignorance is the single most annoying thing about atheists. There is not and cannot be any default between the two premises. They are preferred beliefs about our Reality, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality