Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2020, 02:36 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::sigh: More dodging and ducking the issues by not substantiating that "self-organizing" or "emergence" are anyhing other than observations. They are NOT explanations.
So you keep asserting. But we have this thing called science.

Sorry, I forgot about your allergy. Does it itch?

Quote:
More dodging and ducking the issue with inappropriate characterizations of the perspective. Each individual human being acts as one "consciousness cell" of a multicellular God's consciousness (unified field) - no belly buttons required.
Yes, we know your assertion that explains nothing.

99.99999999999999999999999999999% recurring of the universe can not support life, conscious or not, yet you want to pretend because a very small part of the universe can, this somehow makes our universe conscious.

I did not dodge your point, I showed it is as valid as claiming because people fart and have belly buttons, this must also be true for the universe.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:04 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Life on another planet is also a very real possibility for many scientists. Me too for that matter. All of us actually, but until we find life on another planet, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves trying to claim we know what it is or even if it exists. Right?
Thats not what you said and thats not what I ask learnme. And I know you understand because in many ways you are more insightful than I am. Can I ask you what is the purpose for you minimizing everything like this?

whats the point of not describing the universe as it is and leave it at that?

Old 09-25-2020, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
great example phet of what I am talking about.

You understand that in an ecosystem that the individual life pieces (cell) act as parts in the that ecosystem. That all the parts are working together to form the ecosystems. Ecosystem the work together (interact) to form biospheres.

And yet, you sit by like mystic's claim is dead wrong. And justify it by saying to yourself "he is pushy and doesn't use the words I believe" enough."

Old 09-25-2020, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogaKoga View Post
WTF does that even mean? What exactly is a "consciousness cell"? It just seems like you're fabricating terms for an unscientific perspective. That term epitomizes woo-woo.
I think you know loga

in an ecosystem the individual life pieces (we can call cell) act as parts in the that ecosystem. That all the parts are working together to form the ecosystems. Ecosystem then work together (interact) to form biospheres. then atmosphere, "rocks", oceans, and life interact in what is call earth system's.

Thats what he means. And he is not more wrong, he is actually more right.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogaKoga View Post
WTF does that even mean? What exactly is a "consciousness cell"? It just seems like you're fabricating terms for an unscientific perspective. That term epitomizes woo-woo.
Perhaps I can help here. Mystic loves to toss out rather obscure claims that he hopes sounds sciencey enough to impress people.

His hypothesis is that God is a cosmic consciousness, and our consciousness is simply that. He postulates the idea that the 'Carnal Mind' which he considers the Conscious mind (the Cosmic one being the Unconscious (1) acts like a radio receiver for God's messages, the message sometimes becoming garbled, which handily explains all the various version of the message that we get.

However, after I pointed out that animal intelligence ought (being pure conscious Mind without a Carnal one getting in the way) to be as good as God's, and demonstrably it isn't, unless you call God 'Evolutionary Instinct', he devised what I call the 'gnat-swarm -theory' which postulates that somehow each individual is surrounded by an individual swarm of God -consciousness, distinct from everyone elses', and presumably the rest of the material world. This is what he means by a 'consciousness -cell' for individual humans.

If he thinks I have it wrong, he is welcome to elucidate.

(1) I have pointed out a couple of times that the conscious mind is the one that we reason with and the unconscious one is the instinctive, non -reasoning one. But he prefers to ignore that point.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Perhaps I can help here. Mystic loves to toss out rather obscure claims that he hopes sounds sciencey enough to impress people.
Mystic and the Jargonauts.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:03 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.... I have pointed out a couple of times that the conscious mind is the one that we reason with and the unconscious one is the instinctive, non -reasoning one...
and it has been pointed out several times
that you STILL are unable to differentiate between instinct and intuition.

they are not the same.
intellect, instinct, and intuition are each distinct and recognizable.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-25-2020 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-25-2020, 10:29 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Just exactly WHAT science do you think in any way refutes my assertions?? Just asserting that it does is farting in the wind. Do you know any science that does?
Quote:

99.99999999999999999999999999999% recurring of the universe can not support life, conscious or not, yet you want to pretend because a very small part of the universe can, this somehow makes our universe conscious.
I realize that your allergy to seeing our Reality as a single composite entity handicaps your intellectual appraisals of my views. Try a little philosophical training to improve your intellectual facility with such thinking. Because we are immersed WITHIN God/Nature our perspective of all the internal "guts" and components skews our perspective and we consider everything including ourselves as separate things instead of as components of the whole.
Quote:
I did not dodge your point, I showed it is as valid as claiming because people fart and have belly buttons, this must also be true for the universe.
You showed no such thing. You simply asserted your PREFERRED perspective of separate things without justification since "we do not know." Try to actually comprehend what that means.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Just exactly WHAT science do you think in any way refutes my assertions?? Just asserting that it does is farting in the wind. Do you know any science that does?
I have this fantastic idea. Why do you not ask this in the science section?

Quote:
I realize that your allergy to seeing our Reality as a single composite entity handicaps your intellectual appraisals of my views. Try a little philosophical training to improve your intellectual facility with such thinking.
I do not see what I see? Once again you must straw man and attack.

Quote:
Because we are immersed WITHIN God/Nature our perspective of all the internal "guts" and components skews our perspective and we consider everything including ourselves as separate things instead of as components of the whole.
More irrelevant drivel.

Quote:
You showed no such thing. You simply asserted your PREFERRED perspective of separate things without justification since "we do not know." Try to actually comprehend what that means.
Correct, I DID show how stupid your argument was.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:46 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Sorry, I forgot about your allergy. Does it itch?

Does this mean only 0.000000000000000000001% of the universe is alive?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality