Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 01:05 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times

Advertisements

Don't try to tell us you didn't know this. It was posted over a year and a half ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
One thing that needs to be written down is that Abortion is a topic for the Politics and Other Controversies forum and is considered off topic anywhere in the Religion and Spirituality forums. This has been enforced since the day I was asked to become a moderator for this forum. I did not take on this role to moderate political discussions. If you want to discuss this topic, please locate one of the many, many threads in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:10 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Sorry. I did know that. I was hoping to make one rebuttal and end that discussion, but I should not have responded. My bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 06:54 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
what if I am wrong?

Haven't met a counter to what I say god is yet that proved me wrong. So the more I hear the arguments against what i say it is the more it strengthens what I say it is. at the very least "something more" is going on.

Thats the beauty of the scientific method based atheism over faith based atheism. It deals with what is actually there and doesn't deal in addressing what is not there.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:11 PM

32 posts, read 23,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is a thread for BOTH christians and atheists (or for that matter, any other religious group).

Atheists -- what if today we found out conclusively that there was a god? How would you adjust your life?

Christians -- what it today we found out conclusively that there was no god? How would you adjust your life?
What kind of god?

There are many gods and goddesses (from small deities to almighty Absolute) and it's very important to know which one doesn't exist or exists.

Personally I would be suspicious to anything that humans "discover" about this, since we are pretty limited creatures and our ability to perceive and understand ourselves, the world around us and the whole reality is also rather limited. We do gain knowledge all the time, yet that knowledge is also within our capabilities (our senses, our intelligence). Who knows what's out there that we cannot even imagine and might never be able to perceive, discover, and especially - understand...

Old 10-22-2020, 02:39 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteriana View Post
What kind of god?

There are many gods and goddesses (from small deities to almighty Absolute) and it's very important to know which one doesn't exist or exists.

Personally I would be suspicious to anything that humans "discover" about this, since we are pretty limited creatures and our ability to perceive and understand ourselves, the world around us and the whole reality is also rather limited. We do gain knowledge all the time, yet that knowledge is also within our capabilities (our senses, our intelligence). Who knows what's out there that we cannot even imagine and might never be able to perceive, discover, and especially - understand...
Jeepers. As I have said a couple of times, this was intentionally an open-ended question.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:05 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Default What if you're wrong about god?

If it were possible for me to be wrong about God, I would lose all faith in the reliability of my ability to know what is and is not real. Fortunately, I don't think it would be possible to be wrong about the EXISTENCE of God but any and all other speculations and extrapolations would be moot.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:30 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If it were possible for me to be wrong about God, I would lose all faith in the reliability of my ability to know what is and is not real. Fortunately, I don't think it would be possible to be wrong about the EXISTENCE of God but any and all other speculations and extrapolations would be moot.
If it were possible for you to be wrong?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:02 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What are the odds you'll find out or discover your wrong, in your lifetime, would you say?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:14 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What are the odds you'll find out or discover your wrong, in your lifetime, would you say?
About the EXISTENCE of God - Zero chance. About any and all other of my speculations and extrapolations ABOUT God I have no means of quantifying any of it.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I dunno how I could be wrong...'He' has shown me everything I know so far...hmm.
How could that be wrong?

Like:
That every particle, smaller than a cell, even, smaller than bacteria...
in an animate or in an inanimate 'thing' , if sliced into
1000 'pieces' in this 3rd dimension....holds the entirety of the original 'thing'' and the whole of all of Creation including
the Infinite Eternal Light of the Creator.

That means, let's see, every teeny particle of dust you see in a beam of sun light when taken
to it's core or essence, and even still, cut into pieces, holds within itself the Whole;
The One - the Center of All that Is.

Hmm, said in everyday terms, I suppose ---Nothing is what it seems, Nothing is what it appears to be...
The holographic image of everything that 'is' is similar to a Mirrored Fun House of Infinite proportions.

And I left out, all spoken about above, holds the Conscious Awareness of this One Being.

Thank You Lord. And with this, that You showed me, there is yet another room
in Your 'Mansion', probably, with a whole OTHER scenario!!!
And people wonder why we worship this Being!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality