Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 11:43 PM

290 posts, read 164,702 times

Advertisements

Over the existence of my life I've had to endure the talk of Satan being an ever present and destructive unseen enemy. Just like our maker who we can't hear, see or talk to psychially Satan is likewise. Just figures in our imagination which grow and grow and grow according to their characteristics of course. They are who we want them to be. If you fail it's Satan's fault. If you succeed give all the glory to God as he is all good. Isn't it amazing that the two most powerful forces allegedly on this earth both God and Satan are both things in our imagination? God being all good and holy is beyond reproach. He says what he wants and whatever he wants and we learn about who he is from the books we read. If you read the Bible he's a Trinity except in the OT as he is at least when there aren't mentions of "angels of the Lord" he's one God. And who can forget in the opening chapters of detrunomy what aroma is pleasing to the Lord. If you read the Quran, he is Allah, he has no son or children not literally since he doesn't have a wife or spiritually... he is still the God of both the Old Testament and a book that was given to Jesus which is the injil (not the gospels) by him though there's no historical record of any book given to Jesus like the Quran claims. Ultimately according to Islam the message of Jesus got corrupted from the point of him being a messenger who preached Islam from birth as moments after he came out his mother's womb he told the Jews of marys community, "I am a prophet Allah has given me scripture" which was a response to the Jews accusing her of having her child out of wedlock. As if a baby talking moments after birth isn't a miracle, the fact that Mary wasn't stoned is another miracle in itself although both are nothing compared to raising people from the dead which Jesus does in both the Quran and the gospels so if you can believe one why not the others? Jesus from birth to 30 years old like all other prophets preached Islam, but years within his death or immediately after his disciples were proclaiming that he was the son of God and he had to die for us to not burn in hell because of Adam making a mistake of eating fruit in the garden which he was not meant too because he was deceived because of his wife Eve. Either way you look there is problems. Why the divide? Why the lies? Jesus cannot be both have died on the cross and rose again as he never died according to Islam since God used a disguised and placed someone else on the cross to confuse those who were killing him and he confused the disciples as well. But the gospels say he died and rose, and he predicted his death time after time in the four gospels. Jesus and I paraphrase, "Look we are going up to Jerusalem where the son of man will be arrested by the teachers of the law where he will be condemned to death and handed to the gentiles. They will mock him and spit on him and kill him. And on the third day he will be raised to life". If that isn't any more clearer he says it multiple times. So why the difference? Islam will tell you men corrupted the message of Jesus, usually they'll say those who changed it will inspired by Satan or Paul or some Jews. And if you ask Christians they'll say, "Mohammad saw Satan in the cave and thus that's where he got his message". So either way you look if either religion is true, Satan probably played a hand in sending billons of us fragile mere mortals to eternal damnation in our next life. So, how does a person differentiate between the two and understand which deity is most likely true if either is even true? If you believe God needed to become human to die for creating us because of our sin which is ever present then Jesus is your guy. If you believe Allah is beyond becoming a human or needing children as it downgrades his majesty as the heavens fall down and mountains explode at the utterance that he has a son. Not literally of course, at least I don't think not.

Satan being allegedly always present would surely have a hand in how this world is run especially when it comes to eternal salvation and his leading of people away from the truth of God be that whatever it may be if religion is the path to the almighty. Billions are going to be going into hell just for following lies which were inspired by Satan. Paul in the book of Romans if I remember correctly stated that, "from the beginnings God's invisible power and qualities have been seen" which in a reference to if not us everything around us such as the sea and mountains and sky and animals etc. So just how good is God and his actual creation anyway?

God's invisible powers has been seen by us through his creation. Yet, Satan is an ever present enemy present on destruction who has taken billions to hell if they're not there already. So why does satan exist? To challenge us? To condemn us to eternal damnation?

Finally what is so beautiful and powerful about a god that a) creates creation with no real purpose other than to worship him according to the scriptures b) creates an active enemy that's bent on our destruction C) kicks us out to earth where we are in seperation from God d) gives us no clear evidence he exists besides multiple religions being created E) threatens us just for existing f) Allows Satan to play a massive part in condemning us to hell and G) allows all the horrible things which are present on earth which are ascribed to Satan

If God is powerful because of his invisible qualities. Then Satan is as powerful if not just under in corrupting the world and condemning most of us to eternal damnation because of his invisible and powerful qualities just because we existed in some fantasy like world which God had in mind but he allowed his creation (Satan) to corrupt. That's a failure of any God anyday. Not a God that deserves our devotion and love considering he's all the ready to torture us just because he created us and something to destroy us.

Does God fail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 03:19 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Through Jesus Christ, that Christians got the Holy Spirit who is the true spirit of God and who does lead them into Heaven ....... Through Jesus and His sacrifice the devil is a defeated foe, but still can be a menace in life on earth .... Mostly all other religion never got the Spirit of God leading each of the followers.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:23 AM

290 posts, read 164,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Through Jesus Christ, that Christians got the Holy Spirit who is the true spirit of God and who does lead them into Heaven ....... Through Jesus and His sacrifice the devil is a defeated foe, but still can be a menace in life on earth .... Mostly all other religion never got the Spirit of God leading each of the followers.

Yeah but islam says you're wrong so your opinion is as valid as a Muslims. So why did God create two religions which is going to send people to hell?

Old 09-20-2020, 03:50 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
I don't think a Christian will ever admit to their god being a failure. The whole point of original sin is that the blame can always point toward humans, with the number one reason being that the human didn't read their Bible.

I do remember being told that the Devil will try to lure Christians with false teachings. When I asked how do I know I received a "true" teaching, I was once again told to refer to the Bible (by people I never saw read a Bible.)

Old 09-20-2020, 06:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I don't think a Christian will ever admit to their god being a failure. The whole point of original sin is that the blame can always point toward humans, with the number one reason being that the human didn't read their Bible.

I do remember being told that the Devil will try to lure Christians with false teachings. When I asked how do I know I received a "true" teaching, I was once again told to refer to the Bible (by people I never saw read a Bible.)
No such thin as original sin...

Old 09-20-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No such thin as original sin...
I don't believe in it but isn't that a core concept of Christianity? If I am wrong, I would like to be corrected so I don't say it again. I don't think there is a page number or book that can be referrenced so I figured it was a concept Christians came up with. I certainly didn't make it up.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 AM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I don't believe in it but isn't that a core concept of Christianity? If I am wrong, I would like to be corrected so I don't say it again. I don't think there is a page number or book that can be referrenced so I figured it was a concept Christians came up with. I certainly didn't make it up.
The doctrine comes from the letters of Paul, particularly Romans and 1 Corinthians, in which he suggests that all sin came into the world with Adam and it was passed down to all humanity with Christ as the only cure.

However, it should be noted that the original Adam and Eve/Garden of Eden story is Jewish, and in Judaism, that story is not about original sin (nor is the serpent in the story "the devil"). So, yes, it is a wholly Christian concept.

Not every Christian church (or individual) buys into this concept, obviously, since not every branch of Christianity believes the Garden of Eden story to have been an actual occurrence. In those cases, the concept of original sin and the GOE story is an allegory for our natural human failings.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:37 AM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Thus, basically, asking OP, one needs to specify, for which one of the so called "Christian" denominations that question is addressed.

Good luck

30,000 Christian

Nearly all of the above large categories or denominations are further subdivided, to the point that there are more than 30,000 Christian organizations (groups, branches or denominations) worldwide, and more than 1,200 in the U.S. alone (see notes 1 and 3).Apr 20, 2010

Old 09-20-2020, 09:08 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The doctrine comes from the letters of Paul, particularly Romans and 1 Corinthians, in which he suggests that all sin came into the world with Adam and it was passed down to all humanity with Christ as the only cure.

However, it should be noted that the original Adam and Eve/Garden of Eden story is Jewish, and in Judaism, that story is not about original sin (nor is the serpent in the story "the devil"). So, yes, it is a wholly Christian concept.

Not every Christian church (or individual) buys into this concept, obviously, since not every branch of Christianity believes the Garden of Eden story to have been an actual occurrence. In those cases, the concept of original sin and the GOE story is an allegory for our natural human failings.
Definitely allegory for the bold AND for the process each and every consciousness must go through to learn to achieve mastery over our indiscriminate instincts and basic drives.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Thank you for the references, Mightyqueen801. I found an online source for the letters of Paul. I read the 16 chapters. I think it is in chapters 2 and 3 where original sin may have originated from https://bible.usccb.org/bible/romans/3?9=#53003009.

I wonder if Paul got invited to a lot of dinner parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality