Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:40 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

I have no idea, but I have always wanted to die in my sleep rather than any method I can imagine other than during meditation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 06:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times
You will.
Current persona is completely dissolved during the final stage of the after the death states. That being, dreamless sleep. While a new body is awaiting to be conceived for the Self, when conditions match on Earth.
When that persona dissolves, that is "personal death".

Old 10-26-2020, 07:46 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
I've wondered at times, with the amount of people who die on a daily basis, why we don't see people falling down dead in the street. But, that doesn't happen, or, at least, rarely. I'm quite okay with this fact ...but why is 'dropping dead in the street' not more widespread?

Old 10-26-2020, 08:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I've wondered at times, with the amount of people who die on a daily basis, why we don't see people falling down dead in the street. But, that doesn't happen, or, at least, rarely. I'm quite okay with this fact ...but why is 'dropping dead in the street' not more widespread?
Better medicine. More knowledge. Science.

Evolution of mind, body, and in many cases, spirit.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:52 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Most people aren't walking in the street to begin with.

Two people I knew, one a close friend, and one a former coworker, died suddenly earlier this year. Both might be said to have "dropped dead in the street" if they had in fact been actually out on the street.

One was sitting at her desk at work and had a heart attack and died right there. Her nearby colleagues heard her hit the floor and came to investigate. She was 54.

The other had left work, texted her teenage son that she was on her way home, and then people coming out to their cars in the workplace parking lot saw her car slowly crashing into other cars. She was dead behind the wheel of a brain aneurysm.

Both were nearly instant deaths, and did "just drop dead in the street", except they weren't in the street.

Old 10-27-2020, 04:21 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Mark where, when, and why people "drop dead".

There is usually an reason predeceasing the "dead drop" that allows time to bring the person somewhere. If it was happening randomly we would see exactly what you say. People dropping all over the place.

Old 10-27-2020, 05:08 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Most people aren't walking in the street to begin with.

Two people I knew, one a close friend, and one a former coworker, died suddenly earlier this year. Both might be said to have "dropped dead in the street" if they had in fact been actually out on the street.

One was sitting at her desk at work and had a heart attack and died right there. Her nearby colleagues heard her hit the floor and came to investigate. She was 54.

The other had left work, texted her teenage son that she was on her way home, and then people coming out to their cars in the workplace parking lot saw her car slowly crashing into other cars. She was dead behind the wheel of a brain aneurysm.

Both were nearly instant deaths, and did "just drop dead in the street", except they weren't in the street.
I know of a practical joker who died instantly of a heart attack outside of a doctors clinic.

His ultimate joke, or a greater power having the last laugh?

Old 10-27-2020, 06:50 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I know of a practical joker who died instantly of a heart attack outside of a doctors clinic.

His ultimate joke, or a greater power having the last laugh?
I think they were in cahoots.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:40 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Had a strange thing happen this morning...as soon as the alarm clock went off and I sat up in bed, I had the thought come to me, that when people die in their sleep...its like going to bed in your own home, but then waking up SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Ive been thinking about this ever since I got up, does anyone think its like this?
Warning: Adult Content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrFU5wyd_C0

Old 10-28-2020, 05:22 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
By the same token, why don’t we see females giving birth in the streets, in public transportation, walking down the street, at work places and everywhere else? More people are born than die on an average.

Another strange fact:
Currently there are more than 7 Billion people on earth busy and active, doing their day to day business - SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE running around, chasing their dreams.

And just after a 120 years, perhaps not even a single one will be alive.
All of them will be GONE, and replaced by new people, new faces and new communities. 7 Billion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality