Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 10:26 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I just did not want you to feel hurt with the misapprehension (misunderstanding) that common folk is somehow insulting.
Being the elite is the negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 12:32 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
We are talking about filtering what is claimed about Reality through modern knowledge.

For the gods of Valhalla sake, can't y'all filter through Hinduism knowledge?

Old 10-29-2020, 01:55 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
pushing anti-old, anti-age, anti- not living, anti-ancient is the same.
And it also "makes no sense to rational people."
thats right ... list personality traits then list how they would express:

The context becomes important but you get my meaning. Irrational people people have irrational expressions. And they can be rational in other areas, like cooking.

old age
not living
ancient

Old 10-29-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
We are talking about filtering what is claimed about Reality through modern knowledge.

For the gods of Valhalla sake, can't y'all filter through Hinduism knowledge?
the scientific method removes labels when discussing reality. That's why people define by statements of belief about god hate it.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
It is precisely because of looking honestly at what you are saying, that it is discredited.
Rejecting data because it is "ancient" or comes from people not alive is less reliable. It is a criteria that is superficial, immature, and lacks discernment.

Following that (superficial, immature) "reasoning" a person would reject classical music (dead composers), art masterpieces (dead artists), literature classics (dead authors), holy texts such as from Hinduism (dead scribes), and architectural wonders (dead builders).
not at all.

yes, I also made it clear that it depends what we are talking about too.

In terms of describing people being people they are as insightful as today.

in terms of reality they have less data, although as insightful, and thus their over all reality description comes up short.

Its so inoffensive I am wondering why it bothers you?

Old 10-29-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why don't you get over yourself.
again, phet. this is a great example of how you react to words. here, 'common folk". He wasn't that far off in his description to even worry about.

I am common folk and their are people that are "better" than I am in some areas.

Its ok phet, really, just the truth of the matter.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:07 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
again, phet. this is a great example of how you react to words. here, 'common folk". He wasn't that far off in his description to even worry about.

I am common folk and their are people that are "better" than I am in some areas.

Its ok phet, really, just the truth of the matter.
I think he likes to hold on to his grief even if it is misplaced.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:32 PM

This site is for them to release unplaced anger. In a way on us is better than out in the real world.

its really not a religion and spatiality forum as much as a therapy (for the abused at the hands of a religious person)and anti-religious forum.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:55 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the scientific method removes labels when discussing reality. That's why people define by statements of belief about god hate it.
however you DON'T "remove labels." you rely heavily on labels and accept or reject data, ideas, concepts, sources, information, based on the labels you like or don't like. (such as "living or not living" "ancient or modern" "religious or not" )

post above expresses the view "people defined by statements of belief about god hate the scientific method." that is not an accurate statement. it is not reliable. it is not valid. with valid being "having a sound basis in logic; reasonable or cogent."

Old 11-01-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
however you DON'T "remove labels." you rely heavily on labels and accept or reject data, ideas, concepts, sources, information, based on the labels you like or don't like. (such as "living or not living" "ancient or modern" "religious or not" )

post above expresses the view "people defined by statements of belief about god hate the scientific method." that is not an accurate statement. it is not reliable. it is not valid. with valid being "having a sound basis in logic; reasonable or cogent."
Again Tzaph, you use a truth like "we all use labels" and then diminish the claim because I use labels. You do not use the claim's merits.

and yes, "People of faith hate the scientific method" is a unreliable base claim. It also is not my base lkine position although I spit oit out every now again out of fusdtration.

Yes, I, being human, are susceptible to labels. So are you. They cancel out. Now back to faith vs the scientific method.

you are wrong ... How I work is look at all the data. I see how all the data inter relates and see if I can come up with a unifying theory that connects the dots and matches what we see.

Your deity isn't even close to the best we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality