Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 08:11 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Good for her. I applaud her. She should be celebrated.
We'll be having communion at noon.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 08:51 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Cliff notes? I don't feel like watching the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
No.

It's only the beginning of the video. If you are unable to view it then I'm sorry.
Quote:
I don't want to watch it because then Youtube will decide to serve me up a bunch of similar videos in my feed that I'm not interested in. It then becomes painful to remove them.
Quote:
What is the point you are trying to make by posting the video? That's the entire point in putting this in the Rules thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Posting links and videos.

As an addendum to the pre-existing R&S Forums guideline: "When starting a new thread, please do not post only a link or a video. Other members may not know what your intent was if that is all there is. Also, subsequent posts may be off topic if people have no idea what topic you wanted to set forth with your link/video. Add a line or two to let the readers know your thoughts," please note the following:

This applies also to posts within a thread: Provide some commentary to accompany the link or video that you are posting. Most of the time, we want some original thought. Do you agree or disagree with what you have posted? If you have posted a link in response to someone's request, at least ask them if this is what they were looking for. Let's keep discussion flowing.

-- The R&S Forums Moderating Team (mensaguy, Mightyqueen801, and Rachel NewYork)

You broke the rule again with your BBC link.

Now, what is the message in the video?

Old 10-30-2020, 09:12 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
By the way, I watched the entire video and the long-haired atheist who Ray interviewed ...
Ray? Ray Comfort? You post a Ray Comfort edited video and then complain about rewriting history?

Old 10-30-2020, 09:51 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
What do you think of this? (Beginning of the video)

I think it's sad. People trying to change history and facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LVvOQ_I6Y
I think the interviewer was being dishonest...

Old 10-30-2020, 09:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
No thanks
Didn't think so. Typical.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:22 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
What do you think of this? (Beginning of the video)

I think it's sad. People trying to change history and facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LVvOQ_I6Y
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:29 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
By the way, I watched the entire video and the long-haired atheist who Ray interviewed said something interesting. He said that he was "insignificant" to God, because there are too many things in the universe for God to be concerned with, and that it wouldn't even be *possible* for God to take an interest in every human being.

That doesn't even sound logical. He is trying to put God into a human image. "Let's say that the average human can juggle about 10 problems in his life at a time. Even if God can handle a 1000 times more than the average human, he could never be able to take an interest in all humanity." (What I imagine he was thinking.)

Doesn't that sound...ignorant? Stubborn? Childish?
1. It seems to fair to put god into a "human image" when god supposedly created man in his own image...and christians have been doing that for centuries. You just don't like it when an atheist does it.

2. Your posts in this thread seem a bit childish to me. I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:42 AM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Seems like an incredibly insignificant and even petty matter to be spending time on, creating and posting YT videos, and now posting here as well. Some people spend their lives majoring in minor things. What a waste.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-30-2020 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You should check out some of the ancient stone-age megaliths from around the world before they are destroyed or declared off-limits..sometimes the stone megaliths were hew from the top down... and other times mega multi-ton stones were utilized with great ease, and with no mortar.

It is sad, like with Halls of Alexandria, winners get to rewrite history... however, you can not rewrite hematology.
They moved those heavy blocks using sound waves...unfortunately this has been lost to the ages, or its possible it was intentionally suppressed, Probably wouldnt be good for the heavy equipment industry if moving large heavy objects by sound was possible!

Doesnt it seem odd, in all these years, NO ONE has ever come up with a more effective/efficient way of moving large heavy objects? It should make you wonder!

I believe A LOT of technology is suppressed, for the sake of protecting current existing industries.

Old 10-30-2020, 04:02 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
You know that this is about atheists trying to censor history. This was an event from the late 1960's.

The astronauts who travelled in outer space had an ENHANCED religious experience. But atheists have successfully erased that from factual history. Congratulations! You have done your good deed for the day.
I didn't watch the video, but I don't know why atheists would even care if astronauts had an enhanced religious experience. I know I don't care. Everyone has a right to their own experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality