Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Truth isn't based on our enjoyment, or emotions. I may not LIKE gravity, but it still exists. So whether or not I LIKE the idea of God's wrath doesn't matter.

The Good News of the Gospel is that Jesus will save us if we just trust in him.
And for many of us the so-called truth of the bible isn't our truth.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why doesn't god open back up its Manna from heaven factory?

It fed the starving by dropping food from the sky.

says so in the bible

inspired words from god

is god hoarding Manna?
God gave Manna to us so we learn to share. God does not belong to physical world as God gave it to us, human souls to transform ourselves.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:38 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Thankfully, truth is not determined by what one determines in their hearts.
Wikipedia
Truth
Truth is the property of being in accord with fact or reality. In everyday language, truth is typically ascribed to things that aim to represent reality or otherwise correspond to it, such as beliefs, propositions, and declarative sentences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

Truth is rather the opposite of make believe. Truth is under no obligation to conform to human needs, either physically or emotionally, or to represent that which can be imagined, assumed or declared to be true. Truth is derived from the examination of physical reality through direct observation and experimentation.

For example: In ancient times the concept of "heaven" and "the heavens" were synonymous with the veil of stars that were visible with the naked eye. Heaven was thought to exist beyond this veil. Direct observation however, made ever more sophisticated through advancing technology, indicates the the veil of stars visible to the naked eye is actually a vast universe of stars receding to and beyond the ability of light to travel the great distance necessary for us to perceive it. "Heaven" cannot be established to exist physically, and can only be imagined, assumed and declared to exist. Heaven therefore entirely corresponds to make believe.

The exact same thing is true for the existence, or concept, of God. The existence of God can only be imagined, assumed and declared to exist, and therefore exactly conforms to make believe.

Where knowledge leaves off, ignorance begins. This is the domain of make believe.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:40 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
God gave Manna to us so we learn to share. God does not belong to physical world as God gave it to us, human souls to transform ourselves.
Is this another failure of your god?

hows this sharing lesson working out?

Old 10-30-2020, 11:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Revelation 6:16-17 "They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?""

Ever read Revelation? The wrath of the Lamb will be poured out on a sinful world. But we can avoid it by trusting in Jesus.
LOL, why is God 'wrathful' in the first place?!!!

HE is the one that created us, to be the way we are for petes sake! (if he was so unhappy about the nature of man...why didnt he change it?!!), he had the power and authority to do so.

Furthermore, it was HIM that cast Satan down to earth, (among us)!! What did he expect to happen? LOL He COULD have banished Satan to some distant planet on the other side of the universe, where he has NO access to man, he COULD have 'disabled' Satans ability to access or influence man too.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:44 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And for many of us the so-called truth of the bible isn't our truth.
And you're certainly entitled to hold a wrong position. Make sure to tell God that on judgment day. I'm sure he'll go easy on you when you tell him you don't believe in his Word.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, why is God 'wrathful' in the first place?!!!

HE is the one that created us, to be the way we are for petes sake! (if he was so unhappy about the nature of man...why didnt he change it?!!), he had the power and authority to do so.
I addressed that. He did not create us as sinners. He put Adam and Eve in the garden as sinless human beings.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Wikipedia
Truth
Truth is the property of being in accord with fact or reality. In everyday language, truth is typically ascribed to things that aim to represent reality or otherwise correspond to it, such as beliefs, propositions, and declarative sentences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

Truth is rather the opposite of make believe. Truth is under no obligation to conform to human needs, either physically or emotionally, or to represent that which can be imagined, assumed or declared to be true. Truth is derived from the examination of physical reality through direct observation and experimentation.

For example: In ancient times the concept of "heaven" and "the heavens" were synonymous with the veil of stars that were visible with the naked eye. Heaven was thought to exist beyond this veil. Direct observation however, made ever more sophisticated through advancing technology, indicates the the veil of stars visible to the naked eye is actually a vast universe of stars receding to and beyond the ability of light to travel the great distance necessary for us to perceive it. "Heaven" cannot be established to exist physically, and can only be imagined, assumed and declared to exist. Heaven therefore entirely corresponds to make believe.

The exact same thing is true for the existence, or concept, of God. The existence of God can only be imagined, assumed and declared to exist, and therefore exactly conforms to make believe.

Where knowledge leaves off, ignorance begins. This is the domain of make believe.
I read a quote the other day, which I don't remember exactly, but to (greatly) paraphrase -- real truth is what shows up when it's something you don't really believe in.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
And you're certainly entitled to hold a wrong position. Make sure to tell God that on judgment day. I'm sure he'll go easy on you when you tell him you don't believe in his Word.
Baby, I've already told him. And since you believe he's all-knowing, he already heard me.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:51 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
What are you going to tell an angry Allah?

Quote:
I addressed that. He did not create us as sinners. He put Adam and Eve in the garden as sinless human beings.
That still doesn't work. They were made with the capacity to sin and God already knew that they would and yet still went ahead - if you believe Genesis, which I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality