Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 03:22 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The ONLY way one can "lack belief" in something...is to never consider/contemplate and assess the matter.
True.
Quote:
Once one has considered/contemplated something, and made an assessment about it...they necessarily have a "belief position" relative to it.
As with the integer scale: Positive--Neutral--Negative.
Quote:
The only way a Atheist could "lack belief" is if they never considered the matter as to whether any God(s) exist.
Then, they would technically be Atheist...but they would not even know it.
Usually lacking belief leads to either neutrality or search. You don't just sit on your duff like some King requiring subjects bring you material to dismiss or confirm.
Quote:
So, logically...once one takes anything under consideration, they necessarily have a belief about it.
Yes. Anchovies are okay, just not everyday.
Quote:
No Atheist on this board can reasonably claim they "lack belief" relative to the issue of whether or not God(s) exist.
This wouldn't be a problem so much if it weren't coupled with anti-agnosticism. So, it's "Bring me proof... just make sure it's origins relate to naturalism or I will".
Quote:
That "lack belief" way of defining Atheism...is just a bogus cop-out that some Atheists use so they don't have to own their position on the matter.
Sometimes worldviews are utilized as a means to an end/platform.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:25 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Lmao yeah, you git it last.
Yea, I get you A

Old 11-30-2020, 03:26 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, we are not here to once again talk about your opinion, question-begging and word games, we are here to talk about atheism. And we have met the burden of proof. Now if you want to call our evidence 'God', that is just a label that explains nothing. If you want to add something else to our evidence, then that puts the burden is on you.
But not here, you have a thread of your own to present that extra evidence.
Or the science forum.
How does your label differ from mine and just exactly how does it explain the evidence is NOT of God???

Old 11-30-2020, 03:26 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
I think because this is not about "atheism".

I lack belief in your claims. how do our exchanges go with my lack of belief?

Thats what most lack of belief looks like.
what is going on here is more than just lack of belief. Its a belief that all god claims need to be stopped.

they really need top prove why that is. Its not a negative claim.
I think it is, but it is fiddling the meanings so that 'atheist' means 'someone who never thought about the god -claim'. Which is clearly rubbish by excluding those who have thought about the god -claim and rejected it. They are as atheist as any person who is capable of thinking about it but does not find the claim adequately supported (by evidence and reason).

Gldnrule will do himself no good by trying to make out that anyone who considers the god -claim and rejects is is not an atheist. Of course they are, even if they adopt the disguise -name 'Bright'. Which I for one won't touch.

p.s Arach, the topic is Not about what atheists decide to do about being atheist. Supporting the continued influence of religion on society, wanting to eliminate the influence of religion on society, or not caring either way - they are still, by definition, atheist if they do not believe in any god - whether they have thought about it or not.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How does your label differ from mine and just exactly how does it explain the evidence is NOT of God???
Can you demonstrate evidence of god Mystic?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
I think your post speak for themselves. I quote them in their entirety. So you saying I am lying means what exactly? when I use your posts?

I can't answer the rest ... its political. Try and control yourself please.
Where did I ever post I wanted to end religions?

Where did I ever post that I know there isn't a God?

When did I ever post there is no possibility for the existence of a God?

Where did I post anti American sentiment ?

Where did I ever post I don't like Christians?

Where did I ever post that believers have never done good?

Where have I ever given you the idea that I would kill children?

When did I ever say that your extremely vague meme of something more jis impossible

Old 11-30-2020, 03:35 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
The spontaneous generation theory either proves or disproves something.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:35 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, we are not here to once again talk about your opinion, question begging and word games, we are here to talk about atheism. And we have met the burden of proof. Now if you want to call our evidence 'God', that is just a label that explains nothing. If you want to add something else to our evidence, then that puts the burden is on you.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Well, at a minimum, I think simply being WHY we and everything else even exists qualifies, as does being WHY there are "laws" governing how everything functions instead of chaos. Why would you disagree?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Quote:
Well, at a minimum, I think simply being WHY we and everything else even exists qualifies, as does being WHY there are "laws" governing how everything functions instead of chaos. Why would you disagree?
Did you answer my question?

You had me quoted?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:41 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Your God is Napi, the Great Creator, also the God of the Blackfoot and Blackfeet nations. Under your own rules you must accept that your God is not Napi until you can prove otherwise. By the way Christ doesn't exist in that belief.

Why don't you refer him by his real name? Napi is Reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality