Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 04:28 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
With all due respect Sir, some raisins have had their turn in sun and the oncoming generations will not be hushed by seniors with "I suggest you drop it". If you've had your fill move on.
With all due respect, good sir knight, I urge you to stop thumbing your nose at atheism and get back on topic.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have demonstrated that ample evidence exists that we and everything else exists and that we and everything are controlled by laws and not chaos. I see that leading me to God. What does it lead you to and why not God??? It is the only evidence we have of WHY. Given the definition of atheism you use, what scientific evidence do you point to?
Evidence of spontaneous generation(s) would help.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:39 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Evidence of spontaneous generation(s) would help.
Misrepresentations of evolution -theory (never mind of Goddunnit -creation) is nothing to do with the topic - definition of atheism.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Misrepresentations of evolution -theory (never mind of Goddunnit -creation) is nothing to do with the topic - definition of atheism.
How are queries about spontaneous generation misrepresenting evolution?

Old 11-30-2020, 04:51 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
There is a lot of personal bickering going on, as well as a number of off topic posts.

Thread topic: Defining Atheism

Old 11-30-2020, 05:11 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
I really can't believe how stupid my computer is ...always locking up.

defining atheism: that is done by just looking up the definition. It was done in ten post.

The real sticking point is how different types of atheist spread the word.

List the personality types we know of. How would they look expressing atheism and theism. would we see similarities in these expressions.

examples.

calm cool collect atheist talking to clam cool collect theist.

atheist doesn't care about atheism and a theist that doesn't care about theism. They both only care about the best truth they can reach.

atheist that need it to only be one kind, I am not sure I understand why that is. theist that look at only the bad are just like atheist that only look at the bad. they are exactly the same. do they define anybody but themselves.

Old 11-30-2020, 05:14 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Where did I ever post I wanted to end religions?

Where did I ever post that I know there isn't a God?

When did I ever post there is no possibility for the existence of a God?

Where did I post anti American sentiment ?

Where did I ever post I don't like Christians?

Where did I ever post that believers have never done good?

Where have I ever given you the idea that I would kill children?

When did I ever say that your extremely vague meme of something more jis impossible
Arach almost never answers such questions. He won't this time, either.

Old 11-30-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

defining atheism: that is done by just looking up the definition. It was done in ten post.

List the personality types we know of. How would they look expressing atheism and theism. would we see similarities in these expressions.

examples.

atheist doesn't care about atheism and a theist that doesn't care about theism. They both only care about the best truth they can reach.

atheist that need it to only be one kind, I am not sure I understand why that is. theist that look at only the bad are just like atheist that only look at the bad. they are exactly the same. do they define anybody but themselves.
Worldviews are personal. The frustration comes into play when one desire to use it as a platform for their desires.

Some of the best advice I ever received was "pick your battles". You've only got so much time. What's important and why?

Old 11-30-2020, 05:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Arach almost never answers such questions. He won't this time, either.
wrong ... I answer them every time.

In fact,. I use your post, list exactly what you say ... then poof ... you go ghost. Or drastically change the subject. And you refuse to go bad and look at the first post. Well, because you know all I did was quote you.

Old 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

examples.

There is a "passive" genre of Atheism. This kind of Atheism is "mere disbelief" and really doesn't even deeply analyze the matter, let alone dwell on it. It really is just simply, "a lack of belief in Gods"
Then there is a "active" type of Atheism that most on this board practice. This is the "Religious Atheism" genre of the concept.
It is replete with heavy proselytizing of the ideology and its doctrine. The ultra-devoted aherents to the concept levy severe criticism and denigration of differing Beliefs, and dedicate hundreds (even thousands) of hours of proprietary time to this effort.
This is a deep-seated "Belief in a lack of Gods". This Belief is based upon the flawed premise of "no known evidence" and is essentially illogical in the context of a Pure Logic Protocol...but, as is typical of all Fundie Religious, this doesn't matter to them...and they are staunchly devoted to clinging to their illogical ideas.
"Simple non belief" doesn't compel you to devote many thousands of the precious hours of your life putting thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of posts, on internet forums...analyzing, criticizing, insulting, and bashing the subjects/issues of your non-belief. Not unless you are not of sound mind and suffer from some type of obsessive-compulsive disorder that you are helpless to control. No...that's, by definition, a "religion".
"Religion" can denote an attitude or mindset about something...and can be assigned to Atheism depending upon the attitude/mindset of the person that holds that concept. THUS...Atheism CAN even be defined as a "religion"...especially if a person is sufficiently perfervid about it.
BTW...that would include many of the Atheists that post to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality