Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2020, 10:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Ok you got me. Fair cop. I at least admit when I screw up. Enjoy your cheap score -point. It is the only one either of you are likely to score.
I answered that tornado picture post in #911.
As penance...you must read my reply...and comment on it.
Of course...it is another one of my wonderful lessons in logic, reason, and facts.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:16 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I answered that tornado picture post in #911.
As penance...you must read my reply...and comment on it.
Of course...it is another one of my wonderful lessons in logic, reason, and facts.
I doubt that even you take yourself seriously. I was willing to bet that one of you at least couldn't help trying to use a simple screw -up where I hadn't looked properly in making an off the cuff aside.

The more you try to wring the most out of an irrelevant mistake, the more it will be seen that you have nothing else.

Still, since you insist, let's have a look and see what particular screw up of yours (which YOU won't admit) is there.The usual garbage. "That tornado was not only "super"...it was spawned by a "supercell"!
And every bit of that was created by and through "ALL" (God)...the Creator of everything that has ever existed, or will exist.
ALL possesses the totality of the energy and force that has existed, does exist, or will exist...and is thus, "All Powerful". One of the key traits known to define a God. ALL objectively exists and is self-substantiating.
An accurate definition of Atheism must take this into account
."

Apparently claiming that awesome natural events prove God (an intelligent creator) but you and I know that you run screaming from any invitation to prove an intelligent creator, so a (for all we know) Natural creator. (physical forces) is labelled 'God' (Mystic's scam which you find so convenient as well as inconvenient as it demands an Intelligence to supply consciousness in his theory) and thus (with the equivocation swindle operated) God exists and atheism is wrong.

Atheism doesn't need to take that rubbish into account, but in fact has (on the forum) refuted it several times, and you simply ignore it and repeat it again and again and again.

But that was always your style Goldie - Mystic preaches his Faith -claims, Arach simply hates Liberals and you always preferred to wind atheists up, though you rather made yourself look absurd rather than us. As you did in your #911.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-12-2020 at 12:37 AM..

Old 12-12-2020, 01:56 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I doubt that even you take yourself seriously. I was willing to bet that one of you at least couldn't help trying to use a simple screw -up where I hadn't looked properly in making an off the cuff aside.

The more you try to wring the most out of an irrelevant mistake, the more it will be seen that you have nothing else.

Still, since you insist, let's have a look and see what particular screw up of yours (which YOU won't admit) is there.The usual garbage. "That tornado was not only "super"...it was spawned by a "supercell"!
And every bit of that was created by and through "ALL" (God)...the Creator of everything that has ever existed, or will exist.
ALL possesses the totality of the energy and force that has existed, does exist, or will exist...and is thus, "All Powerful". One of the key traits known to define a God. ALL objectively exists and is self-substantiating.
An accurate definition of Atheism must take this into account
."

Apparently claiming that awesome natural events prove God (an intelligent creator) but you and I know that you run screaming from any invitation to prove an intelligent creator, so a (for all we know) Natural creator. (physical forces) is labelled 'God' (Mystic's scam which you find so convenient as well as inconvenient as it demands an Intelligence to supply consciousness in his theory) and thus (with the equivocation swindle operated) God exists and atheism is wrong.

Atheism doesn't need to take that rubbish into account, but in fact has (on the forum) refuted it several times, and you simply ignore it and repeat it again and again and again.

But that was always your style Goldie - Mystic preaches his Faith -claims, Arach simply hates Liberals and you always preferred to wind atheists up, though you rather made yourself look absurd rather than us. As you did in your #911.

Again...as usual on that which you erroneously purport is a "missing trait":
~ALL possesses the totality of the knowledge that exists, has existed, or will exist---ALL KNOWING.
~ALL accounts for the totality of the conscious thought & planning, and possesses all the intellect that exists, has existed, or will exist. ---ALL CONSCIOUS & INTELLIGENT.
These are key traits known to be definitive of a God Entity...along with all the other relevant traits.
ALL = An objectively existing God Entity that is self-substantiating.
This directly effects how Atheism is defined.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:00 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Prove (to some level of credibility) that 'all' is Intelligent and conscious, and you'll have done what Mystic has never been able to do.

N. b cheats and swindles such as 'humans are conscious, therefor 'all' is', or 'particles work together and are therefor intelligent' will not be entertained.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:52 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
A religious person sees a tornado and sees the finger of God. An atheist sees a tornado and wonders what natural force causes it.
I get it. Religious people create a connection between natural phenomena to a god, but that doesn't mean they have lost the ability to wonder and discover the forces behind it.

However, describing a religious person and an atheist this way is an attempt to create a new meaning of the words, especially a figurative one. I believe this is called a trope. (Not that the religious people haven't attempted to do the same.)

Old 12-12-2020, 06:06 AM

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Again...as usual on that which you erroneously purport is a "missing trait":
~ALL possesses the totality of the knowledge that exists, has existed, or will exist---ALL KNOWING.
~ALL accounts for the totality of the conscious thought & planning, and possesses all the intellect that exists, has existed, or will exist. ---ALL CONSCIOUS & INTELLIGENT.
These are key traits known to be definitive of a God Entity...along with all the other relevant traits.
ALL = An objectively existing God Entity that is self-substantiating.
This directly effects how Atheism is defined.
This belongs in the Pantheism thread, and there alone. Other than that one thread, the prohibition on posting this nonsense remains intact. Don't reply to this post.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:52 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
So there it is. To be an atheist is to be absent a belief in the existence of a deity, or deities. So, for you believers, try to understand that atheists don't subscribe to a belief in God in EXACTLY the same way that believers and non believers alike don't subscribe to a belief in Zeus, Santa Claus, or the Easter bunny.
Your point was very adequately made with your statement that "Atheism is in the broadest sense an absence of belief in the existence of deities." That left no question in my mind as to what the word means. You couldn't just say what an atheist is without throwing in a snarky remark about theists, though, could you? See, this is what I don't get about a lot of people -- atheists and theists alike. They don't feel as if they've properly done their job unless their posts belittle people who see things differently.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:04 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
(chuckling) The moderator of the "Religion & Spirituality" forum is an atheist? Do we have a meat-eater moderating the Vegan/Vegetarian forum, too?

(...still chuckling)

Old 12-12-2020, 04:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
(chuckling) The moderator of the "Religion & Spirituality" forum is an atheist? Do we have a meat-eater moderating the Vegan/Vegetarian forum, too?

(...still chuckling)
Where did s/he post that?

Old 12-12-2020, 04:22 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Your point was very adequately made with your statement that "Atheism is in the broadest sense an absence of belief in the existence of deities." That left no question in my mind as to what the word means. You couldn't just say what an atheist is without throwing in a snarky remark about theists, though, could you? See, this is what I don't get about a lot of people -- atheists and theists alike. They don't feel as if they've properly done their job unless their posts belittle people who see things differently.
The tone of disdain for theism is set by the forum when content for the pantheism and panentheism religions is referred to as "Nonsense" and banned from the other threads. This is bound to trigger disdainful reactions in the opposite direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality