Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 01:22 PM

290 posts, read 164,867 times

Advertisements

Throughout the gospels Jesus would go around town by town healing the sick or removing demons from people. It got to the point in Luke and acts the disciples of Jesus could also do miracles and heal others. Christians more so than Muslims though they agree believe God is still able to heal and do miracles with prayer or it being gods will.

Has anyone got any story they'd like to share of any supernatural healings they experienced or heard. Legitimate stories. And where they range from, recovering illnesses that are life or death or missing limbs restored (need to see to believe) and anything else.

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2020, 03:16 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus spirit removes all pain and aliment that come on my life and only a margin of aliments that need to seek medical help where drugs still work ... Just pray the authority of the believer binding a loosening on demons and fallen angels and power of darkness and God spirit moves the adversary spirit off my spiritual space and the symptoms disappears every time night and day ..... Like I wake up with a cold sore throat, and this is gone before I get to work for the day........get a cough or sneeze and it is gone with one prayer Glory to God ....... People just need to get the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the prayer help of the church believers and pray to get directions from God

Old 12-02-2020, 11:29 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus spirit removes all pain and aliment that come on my life and only a margin of aliments that need to seek medical help where drugs still work ... Just pray the authority of the believer binding a loosening on demons and fallen angels and power of darkness and God spirit moves the adversary spirit off my spiritual space and the symptoms disappears every time night and day ..... Like I wake up with a cold sore throat, and this is gone before I get to work for the day........get a cough or sneeze and it is gone with one prayer Glory to God ....... People just need to get the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the prayer help of the church believers and pray to get directions from God
I guess Dr. Fauci missed that.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:39 PM

1,161 posts, read 467,023 times
If you're sincerely interested and willing to spend $42.17 for a two-volume Kindle book, this would keep you occupied for quite some time: https://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Cred.../dp/0801039525.

The problem is, medically inexplicable healings and other miracles cut across all cultures, religions and belief systems. We can't just pick and choose the Christian ones, any more than we can cherry-pick the explicitly Christian Near-Death Experiences while ignoring the vast majority that have no Christian content.

In my very definite Christian belief system, I regard all paranormal phenomena (some of which I've experienced) as evidence that the naturalistic (materialistic) paradigm is wrong, that there is a higher reality, and that something in that reality takes a providential interest (or, in some cases, a malevolent interest) in human affairs.

In other words, I don't try to fit these phenomena into my specifically Christian beliefs. I see them as important to threshold issues that support my Christian beliefs. If the naturalistic paradigm were correct, for example, Christianity would be false - but these phenomena help convince me the paradigm is wrong.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Nice post. I agree that Unexplained occurrences are not just peculiar to any one religion so do not endorse any particular religion.

That said, Unexplained occurrences are just that, and cannot be considered an 'explanation', natural or supernatural.

It just has to be said that all explained occurrences have turned out to be natural, so the materialist default has earned itself the go -to first choice databank for devising hypotheses.

That's if the supernatural - cause proponents can ever devise a better one than 'magic happens'.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:14 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Nice post. I agree that Unexplained occurrences are not just peculiar to any one religion so do not endorse any particular religion.

That said, Unexplained occurrences are just that, and cannot be considered an 'explanation', natural or supernatural.

It just has to be said that all explained occurrences have turned out to be natural, so the materialist default has earned itself the go -to first choice databank for devising hypotheses.

That's if the supernatural - cause proponents can ever devise a better one than 'magic happens'.
Those are your rules for your world.

Old 12-03-2020, 05:15 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
If you're sincerely interested and willing to spend $42.17 for a two-volume Kindle book, this would keep you occupied for quite some time: https://www.amazon.com/Miracles-Cred.../dp/0801039525.

The problem is, medically inexplicable healings and other miracles cut across all cultures, religions and belief systems. We can't just pick and choose the Christian ones, any more than we can cherry-pick the explicitly Christian Near-Death Experiences while ignoring the vast majority that have no Christian content.

In my very definite Christian belief system, I regard all paranormal phenomena (some of which I've experienced) as evidence that the naturalistic (materialistic) paradigm is wrong, that there is a higher reality, and that something in that reality takes a providential interest (or, in some cases, a malevolent interest) in human affairs.

In other words, I don't try to fit these phenomena into my specifically Christian beliefs. I see them as important to threshold issues that support my Christian beliefs. If the naturalistic paradigm were correct, for example, Christianity would be false - but these phenomena help convince me the paradigm is wrong.

yes, medical miracles happen everyday. Statistically speaking they are predictable. The mechanism are not known but the machinery in place to see why it happens.

they show, that the ma nature doesn't care how nice you are, how pretty you think you are, or what turtle you pray to. She will flip you, dip you, and laugh while your charkas cools if you do not read the waring signs.

I learnt that from noah.

Old 12-03-2020, 06:27 AM

1,161 posts, read 467,023 times
Miraculous healings and paranormal phenomena of all types are evidence - a truly vast body of evidence, some of it laboratory evidence, some of it objective tangible evidence, much of it testimonial evidence.

I do have some idea what I'm talking about. I've been a member of the (British) Society for Psychical Research, the American Society for Psychical Research, the International Association for Near Death Studies, and other similar organizations for 40+ years. In addition, as I said, I have personally experienced some phenomena in my own life.

I believe this vast body of evidence does prove one thing: the naturalistic paradigm is simply wrong. This evidence cannot be fitted into the naturalistic paradigm, period. This is why those wedded to the paradigm are so afraid of this evidence and typically resort to ridicule. With the slightest crack in the naturalistic paradigm, the whole structure collapses.

What on earth would it even mean to say that medically inexplicable healings are "statistically predictable"? Does the naturalistic paradigm have some dusty corner whereby "Yeah, once in every 114,000 cases an event indeed occurs that is flatly inconsistent with the naturalistic paradigm and inexplicable by it"? I don't think so. There is no naturalistic "machinery in place" to explain these events.

I suspect that what is being suggested is the old standby that in a world of 7+ billion people, some weird coincidences are bound to happen and that this can give the false impression of purpose and meaning. But with medically inexplicable healings and many other paranormal events, we're not talking about weird coincidences. We're talking about events that medical professionals, physicists and other scientists have no explanation for, that are inconsistent with known science, and that are inexplicable by the naturalistic paradigm.

This is the converse of the God of the Gaps argument: No, the naturalistic paradigm can't explain these things, and they may give the appearance of being inconsistent with it, but have no fear - in the end, the naturalistic paradigm will prevail and explain everything because, well, because it simply has to.

Old 12-03-2020, 06:41 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Miraculous healings and paranormal phenomena of all types are evidence - a truly vast body of evidence, some of it laboratory evidence, some of it objective tangible evidence, much of it testimonial evidence.

I do have some idea what I'm talking about. I've been a member of the (British) Society for Psychical Research, the American Society for Psychical Research, the International Association for Near Death Studies, and other similar organizations for 40+ years. In addition, as I said, I have personally experienced some phenomena in my own life.

I believe this vast body of evidence does prove one thing: the naturalistic paradigm is simply wrong. This evidence cannot be fitted into the naturalistic paradigm, period. This is why those wedded to the paradigm are so afraid of this evidence and typically resort to ridicule. With the slightest crack in the naturalistic paradigm, the whole structure collapses.

What on earth would it even mean to say that medically inexplicable healings are "statistically predictable"? Does the naturalistic paradigm have some dusty corner whereby "Yeah, once in every 114,000 cases an event indeed occurs that is flatly inconsistent with the naturalistic paradigm and inexplicable by it"? I don't think so. There is no naturalistic "machinery in place" to explain these events.

I suspect that what is being suggested is the old standby that in a world of 7+ billion people, some weird coincidences are bound to happen and that this can give the false impression of purpose and meaning. But with medically inexplicable healings and many other paranormal events, we're not talking about weird coincidences. We're talking about events that medical professionals, physicists and other scientists have no explanation for, that are inconsistent with known science, and that are inexplicable by the naturalistic paradigm.

This is the converse of the God of the Gaps argument: No, the naturalistic paradigm can't explain these things, and they may give the appearance of being inconsistent with it, but have no fear - in the end, the naturalistic paradigm will prevail and explain everything because, well, because it simply has to.
Lets just look at that " ...statistically predictable..."

Thant means I tally up the "medical miracles" for the last tens years in any given hospital. Given the same conditions, I will correctly predict how many there are next year. Not the person, but the event.

exactly the same way we can predict the number of accidents that happen and how many people will come out unharmed when factors of ten more get hurt.

Old 12-03-2020, 06:49 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Spoiler

Since you claim there is “truly vast body of evidence”, you should be able to blow me away with what you have to believe is the best, right?

Can you please post it?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality