Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 02:27 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Only thing that has happened is that I've realized the world is more and more godless. Most people nowadays aren't really interested in understanding who God is. Most people have no clue, and can't see the contradictions they hold to. They believe what they believe with no evidence to believe it other than the almighty feelings and they refuse to think logically about it.
The rate at which you break irony meters seems to indicate you have a definite vendetta against the manufacturers of irony meters, BapFun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 02:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Only thing that has happened is that I've realized the world is more and more godless. Most people nowadays aren't really interested in understanding who God is. Most people have no clue, and can't see the contradictions they hold to. They believe what they believe with no evidence to believe it other than the almighty feelings and they refuse to think logically about it.

And the cardinal sin around these forums is to tell someone that God exists and he expects something of them.
You can't possibly imagine how arrogant that sounds. We could justifiably say 'How dare you?' But rather we just let it ride and explain why we don't believe you, because we know you think we need to be saved, or converted at least. But we goddless bastards in our turn see what you have become and ...we wish we could do something for you.

But as Frodo said to Gollum "I think this food would do you good..but, Perhaps you can't even try, yet"

Old 11-24-2020, 02:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I find Americans much more like the French distant from religion while professing fidelity to the same

Old 11-24-2020, 02:59 PM

I suspect that's a pretty common human characteristic.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Religion damages some people.

And some damaged people find solace in religion.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:56 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

And the cardinal sin around these forums is to tell someone that God exists and he expects something of them.
I think most believe in something. it ranges from life to cosmic mind. Most believe in something more just because it matches the data better and matches commonsense better and is, by far, more logical.

what you are seeing is that we are becoming less and less deity oriented. and that's because what god is, its showing us what it truly is.

I think thats more powerful.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I find Americans much more like the French distant from religion while professing fidelity to the same
distant from over organized religion and fidelity to love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness isn't so bad.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:01 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No he didn't. He arrived on the forum as an atheist and initially welcomed, but he slapped away the atheists in a way I couldn't understand. I recall some long wrangles about the Constitution and trying to debunk separation of Church and state and he was clearly an Atheist batting for the other team (for political reasons, as I soon found out).

Then he latched onto Mystic and was delighted with a Theism that he could (as an atheist) believe in because it was a god that wasn't. Now he could bash atheism without having to defend a god that was plainly there - 'Everything'. He later found the antiquity of Pantheism handy to add some cachet.

Oh yes, I saw Goldies' progression from atheist -hating atheist to a theist who wasn't, but finally admits that he is. Unless he now tries to back -pedal like he did on 'God does have to be Intelligent to be a god'.

Think yourself lucky that you don't act like that.
Yup...I was Atheist my whole adult life & came here that way.
Thought that God was limited to just the Deities and Mythological creatures in ancient writings.
But then Mystic was cool enough (I even offered him money to teach me!) and patient and generous enough (he turned down the monetary offer, flat out)...to bring me to greater understanding and enlightenment. I found out "God" had no such limitations...I will be forever appreciative of his time and effort to give me the info I did not previously have.
As far as my "trying to debunk Separation of Church and State"...that was just my views on the "Founding Fathers", and my ideas about their actual intentions.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/19973301-post67.html
Once I had adopted the concepts of Pantheism...of course, I noted that the God I perceive does objectively exist, and is self-substantiating.
As one could figure...the Militant Atheists could not have me touting an irrefutably and unequivocally existing God Entity...so they had to attack it in every way possible. And that continues.
I will admit...I used to have a bit of a "sprinkle sand down their collars" kinda attitude. So, I had some of it comin to me. But...even once I stopped that...they didn't.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:37 PM

The god -claims are all flawed, including yours, and so whether you post here or not, we will continue to refute the god claims whether Bible - based or the one based on the semantic swindle of calling 'Everything' "God".

It is not about getting back at you and never was, though your tactic of capering about and thumbing your nose at atheism on the Forum in lieu of having a proper case to make was a bit annoying. Though no more than the odd Christian trying on Hellthreat or...any one of a grab -bag full of dirty tricks.

At least you don't do that.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-25-2020 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-25-2020, 05:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The god -claims are all flawed, including yours, and so whether you post here or not, we will continue to refute the god claims whether Bible - based or the one based on the semantic swindle of calling 'Everything' "God".

It is not about getting back at you and never was, though your tactic of capering about and thumbing your nose at atheism on the Forum in lieu of having a proper case to make was a bit annoying. Though no more than the odd Christian trying on Hellthreat or...any one of a grab -bag full of dirty tricks.

At least you don't do that.
I perceive "ALL" as God...that imbues it with that title...thus, it IS God, and God unequivocally & irrefutably exists. And that fact is self-substantiating.
You can still choose to be Atheist, and not believe that.
But...you can no longer validly claim that there is no longstanding, common perception of a God Entity that cannot be proved to objectively exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality