Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More or less toward religion and spirituality?
More 5 55.56%
Less 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 02:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
emotion and soul or spirit are not the same thing.
my observation of the posts is that you are unable to differentiate between them.
My post shows that I only focus on what is there. I form belief off of what we know, not what we do not know. I make no point in discussion something that is not there.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:03 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
My post shows that I only focus on what is there. I form belief off of what we know, not what we do not know. I make no point in discussion something that is not there.
a person not knowing something,
is not an indicator of whether it exists or not.
a person's lack of understanding does not mean "it is not there."

that's like a person saying they do not know or understand calculus, therefore calculus does not exist.
bunch of silly squiggles. makes no sense.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
a person not knowing something,
is not an indicator of whether it exists or not.

that's like a person saying they do not know calculus, therefore calculus does not exist.
bunch of silly squiggles. nonsense.
you are still using an unknown. calculus is just shorts in math to handle larger data sets and changes over time. calculus is the math that came before it.

The one problem with the standard model is that it assumes really small flat surfaces. small flat surfaces make covered surfaces. we know something else will be better because we know what we have now has gaps.

do you see how I used knowns to predict the unknown?

I say, at best, your soul is the 95% of the other stuff that makes you up. that we do not see. I don't know what it is.

do you see how I supported your claim using a known?

Old 11-26-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are still using an unknown. calculus is just shorts in math to handle larger data sets and changes over time. calculus is the math that came before it. The one problem with the standard model is that it assumes really small flat surfaces. small flat surfaces make covered surfaces. we know something else will be better because we know what we have now has gaps. do you see how I used knowns to predict the unknown? I say, at best, your soul is the 95% of the other stuff that makes you up. that we do not see. I don't know what it is. do you see how I supported your claim using a known?
the soul or spirit may be unknown to you. but it is known to vast numbers of people.
what is known and unknown
is not the same for every person.

some know, understand, and recognize the difference between thoughts and feelings. some do not. so for them it is an unknown.
some know, understand, and recognize the difference between emotions and soul or spirit. some do not. so for them it is an unknown.
some know, understand, and recognize the difference between intellect and intuition. some do not. for them it is unknown.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:58 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
the soul or spirit may be unknown to you. but it is known to vast numbers of people.

some know, understand, and recognize the difference between thoughts and feelings. some do not.
some know, understand, and recognize the difference between emotions and soul or spirit. some do not.
Known implies fact.

So no.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Known implies fact.

So no.
some know the difference between knowledge and facts.
some do not. post above is an example of that.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-26-2020 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-26-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:

some know, understand, and recognize the difference between thoughts and feelings. some do not. so for them it is an unknown.
some know, understand, and recognize the difference between emotions and soul or spirit. some do not. so for them it is an unknown.
some know, understand, and recognize the difference between intellect and intuition. some do not. for them it is unknown.
the scientific method actually addresses exactly what you posted here.

how do we know if its you or me?

Old 11-26-2020, 04:09 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
by "aversion to psychology" i am referring to people who are not comfortable with the territory, language, exploration, understanding, navigation, and experience of feelings and emotions within their own self.

by "aversion to religion and spirituality" i am referring to those who are not comfortable with the territory, language, exploration, understanding, navigation, and experience of soul and spirit within their own self.

yes everyone has a soul or spirit. it is an aspect of being human. just like having emotions, thoughts, body are an aspect of being human.
Again you are simply expressing your opinion as a fact. You may repeat it until the end of the Universe but repeating the same phrases don't change them into facts. 8 still do not know from your posts what my soul actually would be and how to tell if I have ibe.

Some may not have an aversion as you call it but interests in other matters instead, howeveryou classified what people with these a versions did or didn't do whereas they might think the subject boring, silly or strange.

And only humans have spirits and souls? Or only humans with religious beliefs? I mean animals have emotions, thoughts and bodies don't they?

Old 11-26-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Again you are simply expressing your opinion as a fact. You may repeat it until the end of the Universe but repeating the same phrases don't change them into facts. 8 still do not know from your posts what my soul actually would be and how to tell if I have ibe.

Some may not have an aversion as you call it but interests in other matters instead, howeveryou classified what people with these a versions did or didn't do whereas they might think the subject boring, silly or strange.
yes, some may have no interest in emotions, some may have no interest in soul or spirit, some may have no interest in thinking. that is correct. i agree. and yes, some consider emotions "boring, silly or strange." some consider thinking "boring, silly or strange."

Old 11-26-2020, 05:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
yes, some may have no interest in emotions, some may have no interest in soul or spirit, some may have no interest in thinking. that is correct. i agree. and yes, some consider emotions "boring, silly or strange." some consider thinking "boring, silly or strange."
Some may. They can stay out of the discussion and have no input or relevance.

The ones who discuss it do not find it (emotions) boring, silly or strange. They (include me in ) are interested, but do not leap to one preference - conclusion about what's doing it and reject all other possibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality