Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 05:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Strawman, never did I say this. On another note I went to the food back today to donate food and saw a bunch of $80k luxury vehicles waiting in the line for food confirming that Americans aren't willing to sacrifice any comfort whatsoever. They would rather keep their luxury goods rather than sell them to pay for food.
This post of yours isnt about religion diesel.

Where are you from? or group you identify with? lest compare how our people behave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 01:45 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
This post of yours isnt about religion diesel.

Where are you from? or group you identify with? lest compare how our people behave?
Agnostic

Old 12-16-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. People are that way. Now, to prove the point you're TRYING to make with this thread, prove they're Christians.
If they tell me they believe in Jesus Christ as their savior that is proof they are Christians.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:51 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
If they tell me they believe in Jesus Christ as their savior that is proof they are Christians.
What do you think Jesus meant when he said:

Matthew 7:23 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;"

Old 12-16-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
What do you think Jesus meant when he said:

Matthew 7:23 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;"
And you are the judge who fits in that category how?

Old 12-16-2020, 02:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
Agnostic
The problem with Christianity is it is based on giving to the point of self destruction. I am thankful didn't buy into myself. What country are you from? so we can have a direct comparison to our American Christians and you.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:27 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
And you are the judge who fits in that category how?
The point is that there are some who may call themselves followers and claim him as their savior and he will not claim them.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
The point is that there are some who may call themselves followers and claim him as their savior and he will not claim them.
LOL. Sez the Fundie who knows Jesus' mind.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:43 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Enjoy all the benefits of science and technology and give all the credit to their religion.
All praise be to God!

He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen. Psalm 111:6

Old 12-16-2020, 08:22 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,922,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yes, only that there are none "good" except God. Only God is good. But whom He will He hardens. He ordains whom He will to eternal damnation to show His wrath and to make His power known, and so that He can love and have mercy on whom He will. He created all things for His own pleasure. Don't like it? Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! And: Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Yes, that is what God's word says and therefore I submit to his will. It is not always an easy thing to do; only when things are going well is it. It doesn't seem fair to me, though of course it isn't; and then the fair thing would be to condemn everyone which is a horrible thought. God may give me the grace to see the goodness in all his plans but until then I must trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding.

The words you quoted are the words of God which I cherish. He alone brings me comfort in the shadow of death which I pass through. Praise and glory be to God only wise. Let God be true and all men liars. If only all could know the comfort and peace the Lord Jesus brings to those who are troubled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality