Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 08:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

I think serendipity, chance, and luck are evidence of ... stuff just beyond our ken.

But one of our jobs is to keep finding true answers to all our questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 08:11 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Hopefully, with better tools, we can recognize something that we didn't notice before and share it with others. Of course, you run into the possibility of those who knew all along telling us "I told you so."
it could also be those things which a person sees, but then dismisses as "coincidence" "wishful thinking" "can't prove it" convince themself it didn't "really happen" it didn't "mean anything" "luck of the draw" "not really there" "must have imagined it" "chance" "no such thing" "must have been something else" or just plain ignored.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:20 PM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Yes and since no one can produce hard, tangible evidence then what ?

If you cannot prove it exists and you cannot prove it doesn't exist then that leaves it as an open question that cannot be answered today.

Same goes for intuition (6th sense) and psychic abilities (the clair* abilities).

All of the above could be part of the brain functioning. There is still much not known about the brain.

"It's all in your head" may have a completely different meaning 100 years from now.

"It's all in my head" has a completely different meaning today than it did for me 10 years ago. My doctors are finally agreeing with me. Let me just say that stress is real and a spirit killer.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:24 PM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it could also be those things which a person sees, but then dismisses as "coincidence" "wishful thinking" "can't prove it" convince themself it didn't "really happen" it didn't "mean anything" "luck of the draw" "not really there" "must have imagined it" "chance" "no such thing" "must have been something else" or just plain ignored.
I may use the word luck when it comes to the lottery but I wouldn't use those other words or phrases with other people.

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
1. yes, for me, perceptions are evidence.
2. emotions and feelings are not the same as the human soul or spirit.
Thank you for saying it that way.

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
"It's all in my head" has a completely different meaning today than it did for me 10 years ago. My doctors are finally agreeing with me. Let me just say that stress is real and it is a spirit killer.
Yes.

I know all about every step being up a steeper hill.

And I know about finally cresting that last one.

I celebrate our spirits' recovery and that of all survivors.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:38 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Or it could be any one of those things. When you don't know which it is, then you are making Faith -claims to say it's either one.

Quote:
"It's all in my head" has a completely different meaning today than it did for me 10 years ago. My doctors are finally agreeing with me. Let me just say that stress is real and a spirit killer.
Quite true. But this becomes a medical issue rather than a 'spiritual' one.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:46 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think serendipity, chance, and luck are evidence of ... stuff just beyond our ken.

But one of our jobs is to keep finding true answers to all our questions.

What questions have you found true answers to so far?

Old 01-04-2021, 08:46 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
I see.

Hopefully, with better tools, we can recognize something that we didn't notice before and share it with others. Of course, you run into the possibility of those who knew all along telling us "I told you so."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What if no human can see the evidence because they cannot recognize it because they have never seen it before?
This is the poster I was referring to. I didn't notice you had quoted TZ.

I'd love to hear the story behind that cb2008.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:50 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
What questions have you found true answers to so far?
One might be 'Has any good scientifically validated evidence for a god been demonstrated yet?' That's a pretty easy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality