Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2020, 07:34 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
True that. His faith claims are stated as facts. since he has stated that words can be defined however a person decides, then any "definitions" he provides are faith claims. his statement that a post on this thread "is nothing of value" is another of his faith claims. he is a person of faith who makes many faith claims.
He is made insecure about his own beliefs when he encounters someone more confident in a different worldview. He wants us all to live in a world of relative truth where the meaning of every word is in flux.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 07:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
He is made insecure about his own beliefs when he encounters someone more confident in a different worldview. ...snip...
LOL.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:02 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Have you shared the details of your NDE? I doesn’t matter to me if it was a ‘real’ experience of the spiritual realm, or not. I’m interested to hear more about it, either way, even if you’re spinning a yarn. (sorry if I already asked you about it and forgot)

I'm not sure I get you. You want me to spin a yarn about what happened in a fake NDE??????

Old 12-18-2020, 09:04 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm not sure I get you. You want me to spin a yarn about what happened in a fake NDE??????
Yes, the more fantastic the better! Thanks.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no, it is not reasonable to conclude that.
if only 2% of children are prodigies would you say they are hallucinating that they are prodigies?
if only 2% of people who are struck by lightning live would you say they are hallucinating that they were struck by lightning?
if only 2% of people see numbers as having colors, or can view the colors in the energy field surrounding a person, would you say they are hallucinating?

again, the logic presented does not hold.
small number of something happening, does not mean it is not happening.

lol it does if you just stop and think about it. 2% get struck by lightning but millions have come this close to getting struck plus everybody alive has seen lightning so they know it exists. I can't recall if you're a Christian or not, tzap.

Old 12-18-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, the more fantastic the better! Thanks.

ummm.....afraid I can't do that, new. It's against CD policy to knowingly lie. Sorry.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
ummm.....afraid I can't do that, new. It's against CD policy to knowingly lie. Sorry.
what it also tells us is that believing in some [thing] more, as in we are just part of a reality stack, is more reasonable. And that avoiding that position is a lying to people.

Yes, some people are lying by not saying a word. They are just as responsible.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:30 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
what it also tells us is that believing in some [thing] more, as in we are just part of a reality stack, is more reasonable. And that avoiding that position is a lying to people.

Yes, some people are lying by not saying a word. They are just as responsible.
What benefit would I gain by saying I believe in something more?

Old 12-19-2020, 06:05 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
What benefit would I gain by saying I believe in something more?
the key phrase "what benefit would I gain ...".

the scientific method was designed to remove that phrase when making claims about the reality stack.

also, withholding truth based on "The benefit to me is ..." is what?

Old 12-19-2020, 06:09 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the key phrase "what benefit would I gain ...".

the scientific method was designed to remove that phrase when making claims about the reality stack.

also, withholding truth based on "The benefit to me is ..." is what?
The scientific method is a structured form of inquiry, no? When we inquire about something, we do it for the purpose of gaining knowledge, which stands in opposition to belief. Gain and benefit are related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality