Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 12:48 PM

15,921 posts, read 6,998,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You're wrong.
Atheism isn't anti religion. It isn't even anti-god for that matter - another common misconception.
Atheism just means disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

It's true that there are atheists that are anti-religion of course.
In the same way that there are Christians that are anti-Islam for example. Does that mean that Christianity is anti-Islam?
Of course not.
They're all distinctly different mindsets.
There are all kinds of atheists the same as there are all kinds of theists and it's wrong to lump them all together.

As to this forum, it's a discussion group about Religion and Spirituality. That means we can discuss all aspects of the subject matter, warts and all, from all perspectives.
Nowhere does it say, 'those that enter here may only discuss and worship only positive aspects of Religion and Spirituality.'
If it were, you wouldn't be here for a start.
You primary reason for being here appears to be to bash atheism.
And you have tons of fun with it.
You wouldn't want a boring echo chamber.

If I did not believe in unicorns, I would not be interested in a Unicorn Groupie festival, would I?

I may be curious about their beliefs but I would not go into that forum to ridicule why the believe what they believe. Why would I do that?

You don't have to Atheist to be anti-religion. I am not an atheist and I am very much against organized religion because there is not one that is not misogynist, corruptible, and politicized. But this is hardly the place for activism against religion. Take it to your legislators where you have a chance to mitigate the evils of organized religion with policy. What would be the purpose of taking it out in R&S? All it does is derail perfectly good threads of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 01:21 PM

50,725 posts, read 24,232,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was seeing if your post held up under other conditions and it did so I agreed with it.
Ok

Old 12-19-2020, 01:24 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
If I did not believe in unicorns, I would not be interested in a Unicorn Groupie festival, would I?

I may be curious about their beliefs but I would not go into that forum to ridicule why the believe what they believe. Why would I do that?

You don't have to Atheist to be anti-religion. I am not an atheist and I am very much against organized religion because there is not one that is not misogynist, corruptible, and politicized. But this is hardly the place for activism against religion. Take it to your legislators where you have a chance to mitigate the evils of organized religion with policy. What would be the purpose of taking it out in R&S? All it does is derail perfectly good threads of discussion.

Atheist Activism Tip #1:
If Christian influence in politics, law and education is actually the issue you are addressing, it would be more effective to focus your effort on people of influence in those areas, rather than random strangers on the internet.

(*If your ‘activism’ is not concerned with actually being effective and accomplishing your stated goals, at least be honest about what is truly motivating you.)

Old 12-19-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
no way katz. Not with stop religion in the united states as the primary goal for a lot of people and therapy.

I feel the need to pin you down a bit here.

What I bolded...who are these people?

Who among us on this forum has suggested that personal worship should be outlawed?
Who among us on this forum has suggested that churches should be closed?
Who among us on this forum has suggested that people should not be able to pray in their home or in their church, or in their mind, or otherwise privately?

Old 12-19-2020, 01:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,560,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I feel the need to pin you down a bit here.

What I bolded...who are these people?

Who among us on this forum has suggested that personal worship should be outlawed?
Who among us on this forum has suggested that churches should be closed?
Who among us on this forum has suggested that people should not be able to pray in their home or in their church, or in their mind, or otherwise privately?
phet ... address what I said .... if your primary goal is to stop religion in the united states and/or you are here for therapeutic release, it just adds needles noise to the conversations and in reality, shouldn't even be in the forum.

freedom from religion is exactly like NRA. they are the same type of people.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post

Atheist Activism Tip #1:
If Christian influence in politics, law and education is actually the issue you are addressing, it would be more effective to focus your effort on people of influence in those areas, rather than random strangers on the internet.

(*If your ‘activism’ is not concerned with actually being effective and accomplishing your stated goals, at least be honest about what is truly motivating you.)
yuppers.

stopping in religion in the united states and an outlet for people recovering from themselves really should have its own sub forum. I probably wouldn't even go there. But at least it would be honest.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
phet ... address what I said .... if your primary goal is to stop religion in the united states and/or you are here for therapeutic release, it just adds needles noise to the conversations and in reality, shouldn't even be in the forum.

freedom from religion is exactly like NRA. they are the same type of people.

Who are these people? I'm not seeing any significant number of people who want to outlaw religion in the United States.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Who are these people? I'm not seeing any significant number of people who want to outlaw religion in the United States.
phet ... its a given you don't see anything you don't want to.

just address what I said.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:58 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,154,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post

You completely mis- comprehended my post and clearly didn't read it properly.
Have another go.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
phet ... its a given you don't see anything you don't want to.

just address what I said.
Never mind, Arach. You are refusing to answer a simple question. This is what you do almost every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality