Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 01:38 PM

18,976 posts, read 6,998,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, a Christian is supposed to go by Jesus Christ who IS the Word of God, NOT the Bible.
Nope. Not true. Despite you pulling that statement out of your ear and acting like it's true. No, Jesus is not the Word of God. Don't make the mistake of committing the fallacy of illegitimate totality transfer.
Quote:

Few Christians seem willing to try to understand the "mind of Christ" as described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. They prefer to blindly accept everything "written in ink" as God's word whether or not it is consistent or compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape as revealed by Jesus.
I understand it. And it told me you're wrong and not to be believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 01:43 PM

11,016 posts, read 5,972,857 times
I must confess that I would think a Christian is one who follows the teachings of Christ (and for whom Jesus is God).

Old 12-30-2020, 01:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,160,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Some folks claim it's not fair that God has placed us in a situation that we must choose to follow Him or go to hell.

I'm thinking this is His creation and not ours. He said from the beginning He will not tolerate sin, and we have all sinned, then He, in His mercy provided a way out of the punishment of that sin.

Sounds more that fair to me!
Yeah, it sounds fair if you're a masochist.

If your god-thing hates sin so much, it shouldn't have invented it. But it doesn't hate sin. It's a sadist and "sins" give it an opportunity to punish. Sadists get off on punishing others.

Your god-thing is quite content to have its minions sinning. Keeps it in a constant state of arousal.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:05 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I must confess that I would think a Christian is one who follows the teachings of Christ (and for whom Jesus is God).
Absolutely, every thing He said.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:08 PM

63,766 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Actually, a Christian is supposed to go by Jesus Christ who IS the Word of God, NOT the Bible. Few Christians seem willing to try to understand the "mind of Christ" as described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. They prefer to blindly accept everything "written in ink" as God's word whether or not it is consistent or compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape as revealed by Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nope. Not true. Despite you pulling that statement out of your ear and acting like it's true. No, Jesus is not the Word of God. Don't make the mistake of committing the fallacy of illegitimate totality transfer.
I understand it. And it told me you're wrong and not to be believed.
So basically you are rejecting all of John !, but especially John 1:14.

John 1:14 King James Version
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
So basically you are rejecting all of John !, but especially John 1:14.

John 1:14 King James Version
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
ah...you've gone and done it. Even after I warned you that you shouldn't commit the fallacy of the illegitimate totality transfer, you went and did it. The fallacy is that one takes a definition of a word and applies it to ALL instances of that definition. Sort of like the 3rd grader saying "You LOVE pizza!!!!!???? You should MARRY it!!!" That is, in essence, what you're doing when you make this convoluted claim.

It's a shame that you can't understand basic logic when it comes to this. Yes...he's referred to as the "Word". But he is not the "Word", as in Inspired Word. They are 2 different things. Your view was most certainly not understood to be true by the apostles. But yet, here you are, thinking you will one-up Peter, James, John, Paul, Luke, Matthew, etc...

Old 12-30-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
ah...you've gone and done it. Even after I warned you that you shouldn't commit the fallacy of the illegitimate totality transfer, you went and did it. The fallacy is that one takes a definition of a word and applies it to ALL instances of that definition. Sort of like the 3rd grader saying "You LOVE pizza!!!!!???? You should MARRY it!!!" That is, in essence, what you're doing when you make this convoluted claim.

It's a shame that you can't understand basic logic when it comes to this. Yes...he's referred to as the "Word". But he is not the "Word", as in Inspired Word. They are 2 different things. Your view was most certainly not understood to be true by the apostles. But yet, here you are, thinking you will one-up Peter, James, John, Paul, Luke, Matthew, etc...
Nonsense. Your teachers have conned you into accepting primitive ignorance as the infallible word of God. You are hopelessly lost in ignorant dogma.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. Your teachers have conned you into accepting primitive ignorance as the infallible word of God. You are hopelessly lost in ignorant dogma.
So....you make no attempt whatsoever to address the fact that you committed a logical fallacy?

Wow. No wonder you distrust the Bible. You don't appear to have a clue how to understand basic context.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
So....you make no attempt whatsoever to address the fact that you committed a logical fallacy?

Wow. No wonder you distrust the Bible. You don't appear to have a clue how to understand basic context.
Of all the posters in this forum, you are the last one I would ever look to for anything about logic or rationality. You are so deeply entrenched in your irrational dogma you are clueless.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Of all the posters in this forum, you are the last one I would ever look to for anything about logic or rationality. You are so deeply entrenched in your irrational dogma you are clueless.
That being said, I know enough not to commit the logical fallacy of the Illegitimate Totality Transfer. You apparently need to go back to school and learn some basic reading comprehension skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality