Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 05:53 AM

32,529 posts, read 21,825,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol, I defer to bill burr on "no reason to hit a lady" on that.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Based on what we see around us, if there there was no neagtives, and only positives, nothing would exist.

I think you know That I am not saying that there isn't a loving god. It may love us with all its heart and soul. What I am saying is that its has positive and negative parts also. Ultimately, If it was "all the same potential" it would not exist either.
Chinese Yin and Yang...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you're here just to attack the beliefs of others.
No, he said that he’s here to help...

Old 12-26-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
As a believer in God, my posts actually are relevant to a Christianity and a Religion and Spirituality forum. I don't actively attack others and mock them for believing in God.
Hold on there, BF, you don’t do WHAT?...

Old 12-26-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Not attacking my man. I know when believers talk with some certainty you are all over them. When non believers talk with certainty you just let them by. You know, you wouldn't want to get in anybody's way, after they they have the same goals as you. That simple notion kills way more than in god we trust. But that is of little concern to you,

its payback time.
How many people were killed according to the Christian “in G-d we trust”?...

Old 12-26-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
I wouldn't go around saying that in public. Somebody might take you seriously.

Why don't you post a picture, i.e. a photograph, of your god and Jesus. You know, provide some EVIDENCE, instead of quoting silly scripture.
Maybe she could take a selfy with him...

Old 12-26-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
William the Conqueror?...

Old 12-26-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
A complete and total lack of evidence of any sort, in combination with all evidence on-subject tending to disprove one, sure does.

Like the ridiculous premise that the creator sent his son to stop him (creator) from wreaking havoc on his creation for being what he (the creator) made them to be instead of just NOT wreaking havoc on them.

That fable is so chock-full of logical disconnects, not to mention dead ends, as to be nothing more that a poorly-thought-out fairy tale penned by a psychotic.

IF you want to have a set of rules to live life by, you can borrow mine. There are only 3 of them.

1. Be good
2. Do good
3. Fight Evil

In other words, be a good person, do good things and fight the bad guys.

If you follow that dogma, you will be a far better person than following religious dogma, and you won't be living a lie your whole life through.

Warning: It takes courage - real courage so it is not for the feint of heart.
Wait, but the creator IS the son, ask any trinitarian Christian...According to them G-d created the universe, G-d became angry with mankind, G-d wants to pour out His wrath on mankind, but He doesn’t want to, so He sends Himself to earth and sacrifices Himself and then raises Himself, returns to Heaven to sit beside Himself all in order to intercede between Himself and mankind...

Old 12-26-2020, 07:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,467,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
William the Conqueror?...
The problem is seeing through the use of 400 to cover the true tracks. When is a rotten core, like revenge, being covered in noble causes standing up for others. When do people form up under a statement of belief about god to assault other statements of belief about god. Is the application of war time constraints appropriate for civilian use. Things like forcing binary thinking, not getting in the way of irrational beliefs, avoiding some truths as to not cause questioning of moral implications and paths taken.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:11 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,467,787 times
Quote:
Chinese Yin and Yang...
It goes by many names and expressed in many ways.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:56 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,603,862 times
Quote:
Wait, but the creator IS the son, ask any trinitarian Christian...According to them G-d created the universe, G-d became angry with mankind, G-d wants to pour out His wrath on mankind, but He doesn’t want to, so He sends Himself to earth and sacrifices Himself and then raises Himself, returns to Heaven to sit beside Himself all in order to intercede between Himself and mankind...
Look...it's real easy.
You just say, "It's all myth, and not real. It is metaphorical and allegorical. Literal assessments are not realistically valid", PERIOD!
Some go on for YEARS.. and have over 40 THOUSAND posts, just to this site. @ even a conservative 15 min per posting...that is the equivalent of FIVE YEARS of a fulltime job!
They go on, and on, and on, and on critiquing of every aspect of line by line (even word by word) literal translations of theological writings, full-blown assessments of the conduct and mindset of beings they claim don't exist, all about the Religious organizations and people who are Religious, etc.

It is reasonable that those who believe those entities exist discuss what they did or did not do.
But once one argues that an entity does not exist, any critique of what they did or didn't do is not reasonable and looks ridiculous.
Once Nonexistence is put forth...any argument other than, "Those descriptions of impossible things are metaphorical and allegorical stories by metaphorical characters...to conveys ideas, moral lessons, and philosophical concepts", is foolish.

The only reason to go on, and on, and on, and on...is to bash and mock due to bias (sometimes downright hatred) toward them for holding Religious beliefs.
Most are Religious. Religion is the most prolific and influential elective concepts known to humankind.
That's just how it is. You like "truth"? Well, that's the "truth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality