Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 11:52 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So glad we agree. God did not create sin.

So glad we agree (I finished your sentence for you below)

So glad we agree. God did not create sin because he doesn't exist.

You see, two can play your silly game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 12:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Can you respond to post #250. Give me YOUR answer, not some scripture.

Why did your god create sin, in the first place. And don't deny that he did since he created EVERYTHING (according to your dogma).

Christians have a particularly dishonest way or ascribing all good things to their god, but denying that he has a hand in any of the bad things (although, supposedly, if it exists, he created it).

A well-reasoned, rational answer would be appreciated and welcomed.
If I can't use scripture I can't answer anything. It's an agreement with Father forged in blood.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I thought you said we would be following the Jews after the Chruch age.
Explain, I don't see a connection between the 2 posts.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
If I can't use scripture I can't answer anything. It's an agreement with Father forged in blood.
Can't think for yourself?

Old 12-29-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Can't think for yourself?
Sure can't! Me and Ol POP stick together, He keeps me out of trouble.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
So glad we agree (I finished your sentence for you below)

So glad we agree. God did not create sin because he doesn't exist.

You see, two can play your silly game.
In post 254 you said God created sin, at least according to our doctrine. As a Christian, I'm telling you this is not a Christian doctrine. There is nothing in Scripture to suggest he did.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
In post 254 you said God created sin, at least according to our doctrine. As a Christian, I'm telling you this is not a Christian doctrine. There is nothing in Scripture to suggest he did.
Except there is: Isaiah 45:7: “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Weird that you keep needing to be reminded of that one.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Then you are devoid of any arguments, whatsoever, which is what I have been saying all along.

What I am after is evidence that the statements and assertions IN scripture are true.Reciting scripture as evidence that scripture is true is no different that reciting a charge sheet against a defendant as evidence of guilt.

Don't you have anything to prove that the scripture is true. Any evidence whatsoever. A scrap, a shred or even a tendril? If all this fanciful "stuff" is true, evidence would abound. It would be everywhere and visible to the naked eye, but no, nothing at all. Crickets. Just nature being nature in its haphazard, trial and error way.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
As I said. NOTHING.
No, it is NOT in scripture, except that according to your dogma, god created EVERYTHING. Get it? E-V-E-R-Y-T-T-H-I-N-G that comprises the Universe. According to you, sin exists in the universe, so who else could have created it except the creator of the Universe (according to dogma).

I ask, who, if not the creator of the Universe, created sin. And if man created sin, why would your god give a rip about it since it isn't HIS creation, his rules, being violated.

He's sending people to hell forever because they violated their OWN rules, not his. Really?

Do you not understand how ridiculous the things you say are, when examined closely with an unbiased eye.

Instead of just blindly drinking the Kool-Aid out of fear of mortality, why don't you use your noggin and take an unbiased, brave little look-see and find out if ANY of what you swallowed by the pitcher-full makes any sense whatsoever.

If you do, you'll be puking up that Kool-Aid as the poison it is. But you have to be brave, and I'm afraid that most believers aren't, and only can get through life convincing themselves that the biggest lie in history is actually the truth, and close their eyes to anything and everything that suggests that they been fooled and enslaved.

Believers remind me of those who get by hand-to-mouth on government assistance. They think they are free, they support those who throw them the crumbs and scraps, instead of rising up, standing on their own two feet realizing and acting as free men able to break the bondage of scraps and crumbs and start living FREE. Instead they (believers and welfare recipients) cower on bended knee begging for scraps and scrubs on the empty promise of a better tomorrow that never and never-will come.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:01 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
No, it is NOT in scripture, except that according to your dogma, god created EVERYTHING. Get it? E-V-E-R-Y-T-T-H-I-N-G that comprises the Universe. According to you, sin exists in the universe, so who else could have created it except the creator of the Universe (according to dogma).
This is why I asked you to define sin. What IS sin in your opinion? Is it a substance? What do you believe WE believe it to be? Is it a thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality