Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2021, 09:00 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
Why do you say that my post is a low blow? I was telling it as it is the way I saw Canadians from direct experience.

Badland is professing a liberal progressive sentiment that seems to be present everywhere in the western world (North America, Western Europe including the UK, Australia and New Zealand) among some white folks. I am curious about why Badland, a 70 year-old guy, has such strong feelings. Believing in God or not giving a hoot is not that big a deal in today's world; especially, to someone who has done it, seen it all, and on the way out.
You're a remarkably insulting person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 09:05 AM

521 posts, read 163,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Just read the Bible and you will see all the failures of a supposedly all knowing, all powerful, all loving God.

For example, if God was All knowing why did he ask Adam where he was and whether he had eaten fruit in Genesis?

The Bible is LITTERED with all kinds of head scratching verses. It's nothing more than a book full of errors, contradictions, and discrepancies written by ancient man trying to understand their world at that time.

You are reading the Jewish part of the Bible. It is the Jewish God you are grading as a failure.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
You are reading the Jewish part of the Bible. It is the Jewish God you are grading as a failure.
Don't be silly.

Jehovah is a shared god. The Jews, Muslims and Christians all get a piece of its action. Jesus and the Ghost are the Christian outliers.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, I am pointing out the early practices of Christianity as demonstrated in the early letters found in the NT. The later, fictional allegories are competing texts that were meant to replace the earlier ones until the Marcion crisis forced the evolving church to compile their own canon around 170 AD.

Hebrews (written before the fictional gospels) says the one and only sacrifice of Jesus was in heaven, and arguably says Jesus never walked the earth.

Looking at Jesus through ANY of the gospels would not be acceptable because they are considered hearsay in a court of law. So EVERY statement you make about what Jesus allegedly taught is of no value for the same reason.

You do not appear up to this inquiry. Do not forget, this endeavor is above the pay grade of duds.

Do be so quick to call for my impeachment based on your opening argument. This seems to be the habit these days.

The guy to be graded as a failure is God but you have presented nothing relevant in this regard.

Your first paragraph above is about the behavior of the early Christians whom you have yet to define. Your second paragraph above deals with a part of the Bible, Hebrews, the authorship of which cannot be ascertained. Your third paragraph is an argument against the validity of the content of my posts.

Can you stay focused on the matter? Define God and grade Him or bugger off.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Don't be silly.

Jehovah is a shared god. The Jews, Muslims and Christians all get a piece of its action. Jesus and the Ghost are the Christian outliers.

Are you a practitioner of a theistic religion? If not, then you know as much about other people's private parts as a serial peeping tom with his head in other people's trousers. You need help.

Last edited by sree251; 02-01-2021 at 09:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 09:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Are you a practitioner of a theistic religion? If not, then you know as much about other people's private parts as a serial peeping tom with his head in other people's trousers. You need help.
LOL. Starting to peak eh? Time to get booted again and find a new bridge?

Old 02-01-2021, 10:06 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Do be so quick to call for my impeachment based on your opening argument. This seems to be the habit these days.

The guy to be graded as a failure is God but you have presented nothing relevant in this regard.
Pointing out the god you worship is a fictional allegory is nothing relevant?

Quote:
Your first paragraph above is about the behavior of the early Christians whom you have yet to define.
Your ignorance of the NT is amusing. You have forgotten, this endeavor is above the pay grade of duds. Take out the gospels, Acts, 1 Peter and the fake Pauline letters, and there are the writings of the early Christians. You may also want to read 1 Clement.

Quote:
Your second paragraph above deals with a part of the Bible, Hebrews, the authorship of which cannot be ascertained.
Irrelevant, it does not talk about the destruction of the Temple, so is probably before 70 AD. It also says your god was a divine being who's sacrifice was not on earth.

Quote:
Your third paragraph is an argument against the validity of the content of my posts.

Can you stay focused on the matter?
Focus. You made empty claims, I refuted them. Do not rattle katanas you can not use.

Quote:
Define God and grade Him or bugger off.
You have defined your god, I have told you some of the problems. One book says to keep the OT laws. That is not a nice god. Even the Gentile version (bacon is in order, circumcision is out) is not a nice man god.

Perhaps that is why Christians do not usually follow what this god allegedly told them.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:32 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Last time I checked the God of the NT was also all powerful, all knowing, and all loving. And last time I checked, since the NT was created we have had evil and suffering exist among believers of the NT God directly in church while praying to him. And the NT is still filled with discrepancies and contradictions. Thus the NT God is still a failure.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:43 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
GOD is very Real and Hears my prayers. Yes, you are missing so much, I'm sorry.
Also, your subjective experience is not evidence that the Christian God exists. This is what we call blind faith or a personal truth.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're a remarkably insulting person.

You may have a point there as someone else remarked that my post was a low blow. In what way was my comment disrespectful of Badland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality