Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2021, 11:48 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So as a 4 year old, when my mother contracted scarlet fever and her heart was damaged, resulting in severe heart disease in her 60s and beyond, that was all due to the terrible sins she had committed when she was 1, 2, and 3 years old.

Very interesting. And certainly very loving on the part of god.
I don't think that's what Jeff is saying. I think he's saying it's because Adam disobeyed God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The DNA code is riddled with imperfections because ultimately sin entered this world and put a curse on all living things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 11:49 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
And hence you demonstrate why it is a pointless exercise to present evidence. Your mind is already made up. You said right there that the notion of God is too unbelievable. Any evidence would just result in you finding a way to rationalize or dismiss it.

Well let's see. I'm severely near sighted. It is because the shape of my eyeball grew too long. The shape of my eyeball was determined from the DNA handed down from my parents. The DNA code is riddled with imperfections because ultimately sin entered this world and put a curse on all living things. Sin is death so our physical bodies start a process of dying as soon as we are born. Plus man bears some blame in that matter. If a pregnant mother does drugs and her baby ends up being born with defects, that's not God's fault. It's a consequence of sin.

OTOH, the are many incredibly designed features of the human body that even science can't explain or really serve no purpose in a godless natural reality like the ability to laugh and speak in different voices and accents. Or having a conscious and a sense of self identity.
In other words a very sloppy job if done by an ostensibly perfect creator.

It IS god's fault on several counts, such as:

inventing drugs (remember that creation thing where god made everything)
making them destructive
making people weak and subject to temptation.

Your selective practice of:
God is/no god isn't, responsible, to suit your "needs" is despicable, while, simultaneously, pathetic.

My mind is subject to processing new information, had you the guts to produce any (if it existed in the first place).

And you wonder why I mock believers.

All this obfuscation and BS because of "your" lust for eternal life, and cowardice to face your absolute mortality.

Last edited by Salty Water; 02-10-2021 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-10-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So as a 4 year old, when my mother contracted scarlet fever and her heart was damaged, resulting in severe heart disease in her 60s and beyond, that was all due to the terrible sins she had committed when she was 1, 2, and 3 years old.

Very interesting. And certainly very loving on the part of god.

Silly rabbit, it was because some cat named Adam ate an apple umpteen million years ago. Makes perfect sense to me!!

Old 02-10-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
we are not in disagreement, salty. I just prefer to focus on the central issue devoid of human presumptions.
10-4.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
(Gibberish snipped for brevity)

The DNA code is riddled with imperfections because ultimately sin entered this world and put a curse on all living things. Sin is death so our physical bodies start a process of dying as soon as we are born. Plus man bears some blame in that matter. If a pregnant mother does drugs and her baby ends up being born with defects, that's not God's fault. It's a consequence of sin.

(snipped for brevity

Your god sounds like a petulant spoiled brat.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:00 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yes, I believe so.
You’re a sometimes deist, believing in a creator god who does not interfere with this world.

At the same time, don't believe the God of the Bible exists because you think He does not interfere with this world.

What sense does that make?

Old 02-10-2021, 12:07 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
You’re a sometimes deist, believing in a creator god who does not interfere with this world.

At the same time, don't believe the God of the Bible exists because you think He does not interfere with this world.

Yeah and so? I put forth a different possible alternative to the creator belief.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:15 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I don't think that's what Jeff is saying. I think he's saying it's because Adam disobeyed God.
And I think that's a ridiculous concept that some unknown "man", whose existence cannot be confirmed, doomed trillions of people. Sounds more like Stephen King than god.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:18 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

It's interesting that you constantly tell other people what they are, yet say so little about yourself in response to questions you're asked.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:

Yes, he believes in a god but its just not the god in the bible. Basically, there is some thing but it just different than the god in the bible.

so he is like a Buddhist that attacks Christians. Its just one statement of belief about god trying to dislodge another statement of belief about god. And as we see here on CD, the preferred method is to question others beliefs and not address ones own. And so long as we say "I didn't say it was fact", that means its ok.

Its the strangest evaluation process I ever saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality