Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2021, 01:24 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I do blame christians.
If you read the Bible you will find there is a BIG difference between Christians and the so-called Christians.
MANY come in Jesus' name but prove false just as Jesus said. They are part of Christendom, Not Christianity.
So, blame 'Christendom' because they make up the fake ' weed/tares' Christians.
The Bible's teachings of 1st-century Christianity is what makes up the genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 01:32 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If you read the Bible you will find there is a BIG difference between Christians and the so-called Christians.
MANY come in Jesus' name but prove false just as Jesus said. They are part of Christendom, Not Christianity.
The Bible's teachings of 1st-century Christianity is what makes up the genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
No such thing as 'real Christians' or 'so-called Christians'. A Christian only has to believe in Jesus.

John 3:16
Quote:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
But God is not a puppeteer. He gave us free will to screw up. We failed miserably and far more these days than ever. So, not a failure. He gave us the power to be blissful and we FFFFd up. Blame us. Not God
How are humans responsible for what God did? I'm sorry but the buck stops here. I will NOT be blamed for God's fails! Heck, I wasn't even born yet!

Old 02-14-2021, 02:00 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Deciding who the "real christians" is not your job, and above your pay grade. That's god's job...if there is a god. What you need to keep mind is that there are people who, undoubtedly, would say you're not a real christian.

I'll tell you how I identify a christian. If they say believe in god and christ, that's a christian. I'll take their word for it.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:01 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No such thing as 'real Christians' or 'so-called Christians'. A Christian only has to believe in Jesus.

There's a lot of snobbery within the christian world.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:50 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Apparently, as often as I need to keep reminding you that taken as a single entity Reality possesses all the attributes that exist, including consciousness and intent. That you cannot envision your consciousness as just one cell of the complete consciousness of Reality is not my problem. It is your inadequacy.
This is still just a claim on your part and the onus is on you to prove it is true or at least plausible, scientifically. Your recent effort to get scientific validation of your beliefs didn't work too well, did it?

The problem is not anyone's inability to get this really, really simple, and not at all original idea that each of us is a single part of a cosmic intelligence, but your inability to make it plausible.

Quote:
Wrong. I have natural forces too without any plus. How do you determine the source (taken as a single entity) of those natural forces does not qualify as God relative to us?
The onus is on you to prove that it does. Your failure to understand these very simple concepts, never mind your insistence that we don't understand yours - which we do - really undermines these posts of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
also, I am made up of natural forces. I am both alive and aware and I am totally natural.

People can call me "natural". But what is a better description? Natural, alive or not alive?

based on what I am doing "exchange of information", what best fits me?
A red golf -cap?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-14-2021 at 04:11 PM..

Old 02-14-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
But God is not a puppeteer. He gave us free will to screw up. We failed miserably and far more these days than ever. So, not a failure. He gave us the power to be blissful and we FFFFd up. Blame us. Not God
Only too true. We are the ones screwing it up. No argument. The only argument is whether there is a god or not. On all the evidence the probability is not.

Quote:
And which one are you? Wheat or tares?

Old 02-14-2021, 03:14 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There's a lot of snobbery within the christian world.
Yes it is.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

A red golf -cap?
its really that simple trans. When we past anti-god for social change your position resorts to calling me names.

The evidenced I used to show that we can consider this volume of space a "thing" "and then see if we have any descriptors at our disposal that actually match what we see is so sound you have to resort to anther political tactic of name calling.

We can apply the word "entity" or "object" or "thing" to the biosphere. We are an integral part of it.

Lets use people as an example. To show the strength of evidence, we can scale it up. It is a valid tactic in engineering and science. In fact, I think its more valid using evidence than "Don't give them any ammo."

Define the object as a person. That is the point of discussion.

Now lets apply the the classification you used and compare that to the classification I used.

Trans: Classify a person as "natural" that runs on natural laws.

Arach: classify a person as alive and 100% natural.

I mean trans ... it aint that difficult. In fact, its so easy and logical that why you have to call me a red cap. You are interested in "not giving them ammo against your atheisms" and I am interested in just talking about the truth.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:12 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
This is still just a claim on your part and the onus is on you to prove it is true or at least plausible, scientifically. Your recent effort to get scientific validation of your beliefs didn't work too well, did it?
What the hell are you talking about? It worked out just fine. There is a scientifically supportable process for how consciousness cAN be a BEC and there is a scientifically supportable locus for it in the cold vacuum of space where a BEC has been shown to survive. Your continued focus on the ultimate conclusions ignoring the valid scientific support for the hypotheses is just designed to annoy and provoke.

Apparently, if the conclusion cannot be validated, it is just all made up according to you. You recognize none of the legitimate scientific processes involved in generating hypotheses that advance our knowledge into the unknown. With your attitude science would NEVER progress. BTW how DO you think science progresses into the unknown.
Quote:
The problem is not anyone's inability to get this really, really simple, and not at all original idea that each of us is a single part of a cosmic intelligence, but your inability to make it plausible.
You have made it abundantly clear that you cannot recognize what is or is not plausible. Now, shoo. Go back under your bridge.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? It worked out just fine. There is a scientifically supportable process for how consciousness cAN be a BEC and there is a scientifically supportable locus for it in the cold vacuum of space where a BEC has been shown to survive. Your continued focus on the ultimate conclusions ignoring the valid scientific support for the hypotheses is just designed to annoy and provoke.

Apparently, if the conclusion cannot be validated, it is just all made up according to you. You recognize none of the legitimate scientific processes involved in generating hypotheses that advance our knowledge into the unknown. With your attitude science would NEVER progress. BTW how DO you think science progresses into the unknown. You have made it abundantly clear that you cannot recognize what is or is not plausible. Now, shoo. Go back under your bridge.
Did I miss something? I looked and found that your posts of the science forum had been closed with a remark that they weren't there to help you with your homework. True or not?

And you can save yourself the effort at strawmanning the skeptical position. I think the posters can see through that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality