Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 09:19 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
He didn't need to rest.

The rest is the key to the sabbath. It is the meaning of the sabbath.

Which leads to the establishment of the sabbath by God Himself.

I have already told you the purpose of the sabbath.
Then why does it say:
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
He did create light in the beginning. Wasn't it obvious in Genesis 1:3?
My bad, it was the land, sea and vegetation he created on the 3rd day. Same concept though.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Death is the result of sin, it was not Gods intension for sin to enter into the world.

Man did it of his own free will.

Why does God allow man to die while praying in church?

I will need much more detail on that!
If God was all knowing why did he allow for sin to enter the world?

Look up Lisbon earthquake as an example of believers who died in church while praying to him.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are "questioning God's thought & actions" again.
The Bible tells you not to do that. How dare you question the Omnimax God?!

And again...you are assessing God using your vastly inferior thoughts & ways. So, of course, any conclusions and determinations you make about it, are bogus.
Here...this will help you to literally assess The Bible:
https://biblereasons.com/questioning-god/
Look at the following scenario and tell me what conclusion you come to based on the event I presented. What is the reason for this happening when there is an All Knowing, All Powerful, All loving God in charge of the universe?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
OP I don't think you're here for serious discussion, I think you're just here to goad Christians in to standing up and defending themselves from your scorn and mockery. You're not going to convert anyone you know. Why not just go to the atheism sub forum and navel gaze with your fellow travelers?
I'm here for answers. Apparently I'm getting none.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:28 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think this is a half truth. The universe is clearly processing far more "data" than we can. In fact, it quantum computed us. If he has omni power, meaning he can change it at a snap of a finger, then he could do things to change without the suffering we see. A thing that loves far more than we know and has power to do anything it wants can do little things to prevent mass suffering.

(Snip).
Excellent point. However, from all appearances it appears that god (assuming existence) is more interested in CAUSING suffering than preventing it. For example, he keeps inventing and modifying new forms of deadly viri and deadly bacteria.

It is just these sorts of gross inconsistencies between dogma and reality that amounts, virtually, to proof that there is no such thing as god. Truth is, after all, consistent.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:30 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Just saw your post Trout.

The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed, in other words, what is written in the Old Testament is revealed to us in the New Testament. Much to be said about that but not here!

Seems to me Trout you have had a bad experience along the way that's left you bitter inside toward God.

It saddens me to perceive this from your post. I can only tell you that although you may have been bruised along the way, God is the healer of the heart and soul and will release you from that prison.

I've been praying for you my friend as I have mentioned to you before, and I will continue to pray that God will prevail in your life.
I'm curious TroutDude. Do you want Charlie praying for you, or do you see this as another example of a christian forcing his religion on you?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Then why does it say:
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Days? A day is caused by the rotation of the earth about it's axis. 7 days make a week, another distinctly human invention.

How would god have days and live in a 7-day week?

The answer is clear and obvious.

God didn't create man. Man (who has days and 7-day weeks) created god (as a player in a fairy tale).

Old 01-08-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
On what do you base your claim that the God of the Bible has never intervened in the world??

If you were truthful, you'd admit that you have no good reason for claiming that the God of the Bible does not exist.
i've made this example 1,000 times. Earthquake kills and injures many believers while praying to God in Church. Where is God?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:39 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
i've made this example 1,000 times. Earthquake kills and injures many believers while praying to God in Church. Where is God?
Why do you believe God didn't intend for it to happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality